1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Do you think the server is getting more diffcult to grind/get money?

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by MonkeyKingB, May 11, 2019.

1. MonkeyKingB

MonkeyKingB New Member

I used to farm a good money, now is hard to get 100kk per hour, even with gathering, i'm not complaining about it, just asking to see i'm the only one feeling it. Now i have to grind like in retail to get a good money, but the problem is that if you are a full TET on retail you are OK to fight, here you need to be full PEN to do a great siege/node war. Some people are stop playing and swithing back to retail because of that.

VashSevrem, attenti0n and myka94 like this.
  2. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Comon @MonkeyKingB we have had this post up for the umphenth time now...yeah I did notice the "not complaining" bit.

I would say it is a billion times easier to play on this server due to the increased drop rates/experience gains as well as the completely free Pearls you get while online, and you may disagree with me.

Seriously people...if you have a lot of money and do not care about the horribly toxic and stupid "one-way-to-play" mentality of the "official"-retail-version then by all means go there :p

I would much rather have this server filled with poor people who are in awe of how cool it is to play this game without a region restriction, for free and get in-game stuff for free as well as being able to actually be part of a great community well worth donating to.

I know that you were only asking if this is the "norm" now, what you experience as a much smaller income than you are "used" to, the huge problem with that is the premise that the game will give you the same outcome every time you play; this game is entirely Random Number Generated.

My example of this is extremely simple:
    I login and go kill around 1200 Nagas in about 1.5 hrs, gaining an amazing unpresidented 4 Seraph necklaces one of which is a DUO straight out the bag.

Now if this is my first time in the desert and killing Nagas then this is where I would go everytime I wanted to "grind" and I would start complaining endlessly about how the stupid "invisible nerfing" is ruining my game, however it has only happened once in over a year, which leads me to the conclusion that whatever you think is "normal" to get in a certain amount of time, is not "normal" because there is no "normal" at all in this game since it is based entirely on RNG.

I hope you can take that explanation at face value since that is the facts of the circumstances under which this game works, it is entirely RNG which means that there might be a average value that is within a margin but it is not unusual to get less than 1/10th of what you want to get, or sometimes you get up to 5 times more than what you could have wished for.

Sorry if this reply doesn't sound "nice" and helpful, I was just trying my very best not to start ranting again as well as trying to answer the actual question thoroughly.

Toenail likes this.
  3. RevelationsOn

RevelationsOn Proficient

Errr Full PEN? Not really, it's easy to get full pen armor and weapons but the hard part is the accessories since they are rare and FS wise you hoped you didn't used all your FS on your armor and weapon lmao (happened to me lol).
    I have been soloing for like 6 months already and ever since the bully guild left, I really think it's quite fair nowadays (correct me if I am wrong since like i said i am soloing now lol).
    Reaching 500gs at least should give you some damage even against 600gs guys as long as you have the skills+timing and the right class against them.
    Trust me, I've been here quite long and been bullied by those bullies lol.

4. Lyan

Lyan New Member

Easy full pen?
    Maybe if you start long ago..but if you come in server now , its hard to have stuff , but easy if you compare official server ^^
    i play casual = 525 GS on 15days played

[I used to farm a good money, now is hard to get 100kk per hour, ]
    its a myth .. now its not posssible

5. RevelationsOn

RevelationsOn Proficient

See, playing in 15 days you got 525GS :)
    Easy full pen armor I did not say boss armor since we all know how harder it is to enhance boss armor.
    The accessories are the hard part here, though we can see a lot of people are lucky enhancing accessories, shocking to see some people to have pen tungrad rings lol
    Perhaps they are RNGblessed lol

Toenail likes this.
  6. sbrodolino

sbrodolino New Member

why people still play this nerfed version of gamez bdo???

7. loboram

Just to be done with the last message being from someone not even playing on our server...no this is not a troll haven, or at least it should not be.

Toenail likes this.
  8. VashSevrem

VashSevrem New Member

Server has went down hill with more content added and its only normal for carl and kolka to want players to stay longer. Everything is slowly getting harder "more grindy" to keep players longer so they donate more its their server and they will kill it if they so wish too. The only thing this server has over retail is the free pearls. With rates lower than retail just because you have high drop rates on the grindy part still wont hold a large player base. The only players left are full pen from the first easy parts of the game just too face roll everyone else.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  9. loboram

WOW! I am almost speechless...You didn't even link our forum names so we could answer.
    To call what I do here on the forum hateful and trolling is getting it backwards...but then again I am talking to a troll right now by answering this post...probably one of those still hanging around just making new accounts over and over again just for posting in here these kinds of weird far fetched posts about how bad our server is.
    @RevelationsOn think you would like to know as well since this person mentioned you.

Toenail likes this.
  10. sbrodolino

sbrodolino New Member

the more time a player need to grind the more they stay on the server grinding stuff payng mountly p2w stuff subscription...strangely i have quitted cause i get bored to play another retail grindfest whit 3 mouths of payed premium , so they havent done the right choice.

11. loboram

I see that somehow you are still posting in this forum without an active GamezBD account and that your comments so far have been quite negative towards the server and the community, so my question is simply: "Why do you do this?"

Toenail likes this.
  12. loboram

@VashSevrem hello there...I just wanted this out in the open where you cannot hide from your actions, such as starting a private conversation with me just to say this:
    "
    "WOW! I am almost speechless...You didn't even link our forum names so we could answer.

You are so entitled to think people should link you? Who are you?

To call what I do here on the forum hateful and trolling is getting it backwards...but then again I am talking to a troll right now by answering this post...probably one of those still hanging around just making new accounts over and over again just for posting in here these kinds of weird far fetched posts about how bad our server is.
    @RevelationsOn think you would like to know as well since this person mentioned you."

I dont troll its the dumbest thing to do. You just proved you are a useless entitled douchebag get a life and dont be a drama queen on someone elses post."

So now that people know what kind of a person you are, will you please stop behaving like this?

Toenail likes this.
  13. VashSevrem

VashSevrem New Member

Its hard to find a happy median between too grindy and too easy. Every game developer has this as the hardest problem to hit the right spot with every gamer. Hope they see the server fails more than people would like and adjust it. No one likes to be considered a big failure in everything they do, but many like a big challange to overcome and feel the greatness when they finally over come it.

loboram likes this.
  14. loboram

Funny enough you CAN post nice and constructive stuff, thanks for this, and to adress the quote I used; I am utterly with you there pal.

You CAN take this GAME (always remember that this is nothing more than a computer game) extremely personally and feel like it is an expression of your Real-Life. It is just extremely important to be aware of the fact that, unlike in real-life, you can quit this game at any time and never have to look back at what you could consider a failure.

Again I will have to say that the mass-mind-mentality surrounding online games nowadays has seriously been perverted, it is now an actual form of work/job to post videos and reviews, to live-stream gaming and so on...It was NOT like this 20 years ago!

It is impossible to go backwards in time and things are constantly evolving which makes life SO dang interesting to live, you have NO idea of where it is heading :D

I get it, this game on its own is not a good game, it is MADE to require your wallet in order to be competitive, it is DESIGNED to make you stay online as long as possible. In fact I would say the ONLY reason I love this game is mainly the action-combat-controls and of course it looks fabulous, if not for the fact that there are no other games (up to date) with these things in it. Sure back in the days we had Tera and then the offspring C9 (The Continent of the Ninth Seal), but it took years before we had a good contender like Vindictus, but even that was terribly limited and got boring quickly.

So yeah I am with you @VashSevrem that it is extremely difficult to strike that balance, but once again this GamezBD-version of BDO is slowly growing into a game that most (or at least like-minded) players can really enjoy much better than the pay-through-your-teeth Retail-version.
    It will just take some time to put everything into place, test and test again then roll it out into the server and see how it all works out. I have been briefly involved in graphics and programming so I remember how tricky it was as well as how tiring it can be to have to look through the code for the umpteenth time because ONE letter is outta place...I know it MUST be easier nowadays but still...it is HARD work.

Toenail likes this.
  15. sbrodolino

sbrodolino New Member

my question is , why you have ruined the server turn it into a retail clone? Since 90% of people quit retail cause it was boring to grind for no drops every days?

16. Kolka

Kolka <Prison Officer> Staff Member Super Moderator

Last may, exact year ago in 30 may we had 1800 players online and one server. Today year later we have 4000+ players online and 2 serveers. I not see any what u called "ruined". Average statistics on gamez play 2 month and get 20/3-4 equip. Yes its very fast and thats why people like it, yes we apply all database changes what comes with new updates, and that always was same. When we applied changes with added enchanted items in drop u was not called it bad, but when changes changed drop amount which u wanted u call it nerf)) Be objective, in this archer bdo version have greatly buffed horse prices, have removed penalty on sell fish prices, very buffed prices of trashloot, u just ignore it. So you known nothing about gamedev, just try looks like man who understand something in analytics but believe me man u not understand how it work and you not honesty (with self also) when you say things like u said. We growed x2 for last year and yes its most populated pserver bdo, best hardware and best serverside software from any pserver bdo ever made. But ok, u still complain, just be fair with us and self.

Toenail and loboram like this.
  17. loboram

WOOHOO!!! STANDING OVATION from the players who actually care about and really enjoy this community & server, who are VERY happy about all the hard work you people put into this project.
    From the bottom of our hearts, THANKS GAMEZBD STAFF!

Toenail likes this.
  18. shady101

shady101 New Member

accessories drop easier now on retail compared to gamezbd actually. I play bdo here while someone i know plays on retail and gets more accessory drops than me every time when the private server is supposed to have decent drop rates. Its been like this for a few months already ( before the archer updates ) and no change has been made to fix it, so naturally the drop rates feel like shit. Server went from average 2-5 accessory drops per hour in crescent / basilisks for example to 0-1 per hour. Or even none in 2 hours lol. Maybe it is intentional or maybe its unintentional, but the drops have been nerfed without a doubt. You might say its RNG, but something is wrong if the same thing is happening every time. Its gotten to the point where I'm afraid to try and grind for an hour to get some accessories because i might not get any at all and waste my precious time. Other than this i'd say everything else in the game is fine, the new patches brought some good content and yes enhancement has become harder but i'd still think its easier to get pen armor / weapon in here compared to retail so I don't wanna complain about that.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  19. loboram

I get it, it might seem to be something that was unintentional the lower accessories drop rate, however if I may gain your attention for a moment you will immediately realize why this is a thing as soon as you look at how many accessories you can get per day now just doing the Dark Rift bosses :)

Also I just cannot help myself...your precious time would indeed be better "wasted" if you weren't playing computer games and instead went out on the town with some friends, perhaps make some new friends while you are at it :)

20. shady101

shady101 New Member

Mentioning dark rifts is out of question considering this issue has started long before dark rifts came out. Another thing is that those dark rifts take a long ass time to unlock, they don't always give valuable accessories, and they certainly don't always give the accessory that someone might be looking for. The way you say it it sounds like "well we have dark rifts so its okay that the drop rate of accessories are bad" which is unacceptable. People choose the area they want to grind on in for the unique loot there, or at least I do. I don't go to crescent shrine expecting a seraps necklace or ancient guardians seal or cadry ring (these are some of the accessories i received from rifts). I go there to farm for crescent rings specifically. The way I see it these rifts that take many hours for 1 boss to unlock to give you their random accessories do not give any excuse for lower drop rates from grinding mobs.

What you say is subjective. I like to spend most of my time playing games while you may have other interests. Time isn't wasted if the person using his time enjoyed it. I wouldn't count it as a waste if the time i spent on a video game made allowed me to accomplish my goal of obtaining the accessories from of the thousands of mobs i kill to get. However this is not the case, time was spent and no accessories were dropped. What you're telling me now is to play the game less because I am dissatisfied with something in the server instead of attempting to come up with a good solution for the issue at hand: drop rate for the yellow accessories

Let me be clear because the truth is not complicated to understand, not every player will leave bdo because of a few dissatisfactions, so even if players aren't lost it does not mean everything is going well and the server is good the way it is and I'm speaking for every player that grinds areas like crescent shrine, basilisks, aakman, hystria or anything else for money or to just collect accessories: grinding for 1-2 hours for little or no rewards is pretty much like going to work and not getting paid. Nobody would like or enjoy that.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019