1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

GamezBD is better than you think

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Pan94, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Pan94

Pan94 New Member

Hello, after player around 3 month on both servers simultaneously and watching all this complains on the forum I decided to make this post.
    Before starting the post im gona answer one of the most polemic thing about private servers. No, GamezBD won't be shut down by Pearl Abyss. Why? Because I've been playing private servers of a lot of korean MMORPG and only servers that shutted down were WoW servers (American company). Even some private servers lasted more than retail server (Dekaron rising vs original dekaron). Also GameZ Aion have been alive for long time so no need to be worried. I think they take good care of the server, althought i would apreciate more transparency and more comunication with the develepers that run this server.

Good things about GamezBD vs Retail:

1: New players have it easy starting here rather in retail. Lvling up, getting Sp, and gearing up.
    2: Grinding is more fun since you do it in party with your mates meanwhile in retail its not rewarded but instenand you will be punished if you grind in party (excluding high end areas)
    3: Free pearls give a lot of help to the players that couldnt afford to buy them on retail. Artisan memories, pets , outfits, inventory space, weight etc. That said I've spent money in both games. On retail over 300€ and in GamezBD about 40 ish €
    4: Enhancing feels much better since getting materials is easier than ever. You want to get ready for the enhancing weekend? Good. You go to the forest and start chopping trees for that sharps and hards. (also you will get decent amount of caphras).
    5: Do whatever you do, you will be able to get decent amount of silver. You're not obligated to do all kind of tasks and 10 hours of grind everyday to be someone on nodewars in 1 year of playing also its less RNG dependent since you can buy PENs from Marketplace.
    6: Rerolling is easier than ever.
    7: You can see the damage you do and you can change your build to adapt what you need. No more secretism as in retail. (but there is a bit of with devs that run this server. More transparency please.)

Bad things about GamezBD

1: Lack of events. There is weekend events but they are meh. We need more events.
    2: Marketplace is almost always empty. There is no real encourgment for the endgame players to farm materials or put things on marketplace so basically whole server is one DIY. Adding NPC that sells Shakatu boxes for 50M could solve majority of the problems about marketplace.
    3: Lagg and buggs.
    4: Dead PvP and lack of players (this is more for NA than EU). In EU this problem is not as horrible as in NA server. In NA almost everyone is going to top 3 guilds and they have all 3 castles taken and there is almost no PvP meanwhile EU have more competence. Maybe because of nationality variety.
    5: Behind in content from retail.

Things where GamezBD is slightly better than retail.

1: Meanwhile you think that you will hit endgame faster here, its wrong. Endgame on gamezBD is full PEN with caphras meanwhile endgame on retail is full TET with TRI yellow accesories, PEN awakening weapon and TET ogre layten or tungrad. Around 261AP or 271. I think its more easy to achieve at softcap here than in retail. Also you can start grinding in highend areas faster than in retail.

2: Lack of balance on PvP. Its same shit in both servers. Some clases are stronger than others however since on GamezBD you can reach at cap faster that difference is not as huge as in retail. 540 GS mystic can be huge problem on retail meanwhile 600 gs mystic here have same thread as any other class with that gs.

3: Getting tier 9 horse is slightly easier here than in retail, if you have premium ofcourse.

4: Both servers are pay to win but GamezBD is cheaper than retail on terms of paying real money.

And for the end im gona say what kind of changes could improve this server. More transparency. Maybe make an Q&A once a month. So we could have more comunication and give a feedback.

misterjazzer, Dalila, micro and 5 others like this.
  2. RevelationsOn

RevelationsOn Proficient

At first, I thought I wrote this but when I checked it again nah... Finally, one of the few people who appreciates gamezbd :)

@Carl @Noyah @Kolka a positive feedback from a fellow gamezbd player which is rare here nowadays.
    Hopefully you can check his suggestions.

Toenail, loboram and Noyah like this.
  3. Pan94

Pan94 New Member

I actually tryed to comunicate with them multiple times and made suggestions but I think they had more important things to do first (like releasing archer and working on new mp). Althought they do listen the suggestions, and we can see that by the NPC Kolka which was asked for many players. I think more transparency and a monthly Q&A post could improve a lot this server. Private servers are for players not just for the sake of making money like the original game servers.

Toenail and loboram like this.
  4. Magikarpsghost

Magikarpsghost Getting there

with (5: Behind in content from retail.) that is commonplace with any private server, out OF the bdo private servers gamez is one of the first to update. Retail will ALWAYS be best in terms of performance and playerbase, but starting there is a pain. The market being empty here is only do because people don't bother playing the game outside of building their stats. there are TONS of things the average gamez player ignores. I have been around for a while just never bothered making a form account. If you come here looking for RETAIL style market/playerbase and pvp you won't find it. what you will find is free pearls (a god send) higher rates and honestly less p2w. Sure they have their premium but its not that much compared to CDO.

loboram likes this.
  5. RevelationsOn

RevelationsOn Proficient

Wait, whut, CDO still kickin'? They are more outdated and most of the people I know who went there and came from gamezbd had quit because they found the same old bugs of gamezbd there in cdo lmao.

Kolka and Carl are more active in discord than here in the forums since all we hear/read here in the forums are rants, I would understand. hehe!
    Anyway, I'm just glad that there are still a few people who appreciates what gamezbd is providing the community.

loboram likes this.
  6. Magikarpsghost

Yup some how its alive lol. Was a CM there but left because I was told to not host events. So here i am.

7. Noyah

Noyah sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ ɪs ʙᴇsᴛ Forum Legend

It's really quite surprising to see appreciation and a good word for change. Most often all we get for our work is endless complaints and negative feedbacks. So, thank you!
    I can tell you with certainty that the devs are constantly reviewing suggestions and if one of the suggestions is good enough for both parties it will be taken into account :)

Lareldal, loboram and RevelationsOn like this.
  8. Elyann

Elyann Getting there

Negative feedback is just as important as positive one as it helps in detecting what's potentially wrong and fixing the issue ; however , I myself have to say I'm rather happy of how the server is . I started playing on last summer , had to stop in autumn cause of college and I came back now once again. The server is alright , could use some polishing here and there but the pros still outweigh the cons so far. So , yea. Good job , keep it up. O,O/

loboram likes this.
  9. Magikarpsghost

Most negative feed back they speak of is the one that does not assist in fixing issues. People complaining about this or that or simply venting vs voicing an issue and presenting a solution.

10. Wraithhunter

Wraithhunter A Sloth who loves Lore

I have always heard Retail being heavy P2W and not as fun. But also heard if you look past P2W etc, it can be a little fun. But still, I love Gamezbd, even on Low graphics the game still looks beautiful, when it comes to fashion in MMO's, I always love them lol. And having so much different costumes for all the different classes, it just makes me happy to see that for once hehe.

Combat within the game is great, I love the animations of attacking and defending, I've always felt it was giving the character more personality rather then having a stiff attack or defense. As as-well as with little to no expression. The smiling animation for characters does look a tad bit strange, but other then that, just love it. I just love the overall community as well. Out of a lot of Private Servers I have played, its nice to meet some great folks. Not that other Private servers don't have nice people, they do of course, but some servers that I have been on in the past, boy..makes a new player feel like shit lol, not sure how those are now-a-days but back then it was brutal. So I have to say when I joined here, it was nice meeting and getting help from a lot of people. ^^

loboram and RevelationsOn like this.
  11. Elyann

Elyann Getting there

People complaining about "x" or venting about "y" still communicates that x and y are not fine for them ; I get that expressing your feedback by rage-shouting in caps is not the best way to express constructive criticism but you should still be able to read and get their point despite the emotion they put into their text....it's not hard , honestly.

As for presenting a solution....I'm sorry but I'm not a developer. I am not paid to think of or provide solutions. Doesn't mean that I can't try to do that anyway....actually, I'd encourage people to do so if they truly care....but expressing feedback doesn't necessairly mean I have to feed you the answer as well , I am already pointing out the problem, you can do the other 50% of the job.

12. Magikarpsghost

Honestly most private sevrer devs are not paid lol. its a passion project. And yes people can voice their dislikes or enjoyments but they need to also remember that a server is not made for THEM, it is made for people to play on who are tire of retail. even with ALL the changes gamez has done it is still a lot better then retail.

13. Elyann

Elyann Getting there

The point wasn't being paid or not. It was "While I could do that it's not necessairely my work" .
    Also, I agree. Gamez is much better than retail. Still, the server attracts people with its 10x rates and easier enchanting , aka it caters to a casual community....aka...people want to have a relatively chill and easy going time here compared to retail's massive "Grind 24/7 just so you can see your gear downgrade by the end of the week" ; therefore...the server is aimed at a certain category of people more than it is at others.
    As of now it does exactly what it promises but it doesn't mean it couldn't use some tweaks.

14. Noyah

Noyah sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ ɪs ʙᴇsᴛ Forum Legend

I didn't say that negative feedbacks are not important or essential to improving the gaming experience. Negative feedbacks are far more important than positive feedbacks if you ask me, but like I said, it's always nice to see a good word for a change.

15. Elyann

Elyann Getting there

Didn't want to accuse you of that. Was simply expressing my thought . Apologies if it looked like that.

16. Magikarpsghost

every server can use tweaks and feedback the trick is as mentioned prior, wording it properly. being rude and or vulgar won't get you far. (not you just general) Most people seem to forget that customer service,game masters and developers are humans as well. Even the ones who get paid can and will make mistakes or changes that not everyone enjoys. That is the way of life, I simply wish people would remember that and respond accordingly. If your feed back is good and well liked by the community it is more likely to be implemented or least considered. If you are rude and or disrespectful then it will most likely be ignored by the staff. I remember once for hand of kul (on xb360) I was a mod on the forums, saw a ton of great feedback but it was presented in a very disrespectful manner this it got ignored.
    Do I think gamez can improve? yes, always. but it is no where NEAR as one sided as people like to make it seem, I mean comparing it to retail alone makes gamez seem 100x better simply with the pearls per hour alone. then you have higher rates. Nothing is overly P2W unless you count the people who sell items for real cash (against ToS) but that happened in every mmo.

RevelationsOn and loboram like this.
  17. OMEGALWLH

OMEGALWLH New Member

How about add some new outfit in pearl shop instead of locking behind paywall.

18. Magikarpsghost

Sadly they need to fund the server and work some how. Every game does it. guildwars2/tera/blade and soul/SWTOR/elderscrolls online and so on. Is it fair? no, but those willing to spare a few bucks in place of a subscription or normal cash shop can obtain them.Offering everything for free will only ruin a server in the long run. And they can't just change them out in the pearl shop in a rotation because it would "cheat" those who paid real money for it.

19. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Just going to add my warmest thanks as well as appreciation for all the hard work and effort the GamezBD is putting into this project.

20. RevelationsOn

RevelationsOn Proficient

Just like @loboram said.
    I also appreciate what gamezbd / gameznetwork have provided to us.
    And like everyone who are all agreeing here, you can't get free pearls and a higher rate in retail.
    Here in gamezbd, you are like in a Hyperbolic Time Chamber (Dragon Ball reference).
    Your 2 weeks here is like 1 month or more in retail.
    Add up the free pearls? Perfect combination.
    Hand's down to the gameznetwork team and the helpful staff that I was able to speak with before :D
    @Lareldal @Noyah @Kolka @Carl

AKalamidad, loboram and Wraithhunter like this.