1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Could we please merge NA + EU?

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by SacredEnslar, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sergio909

sergio909 Proficient

Force EU server to go back to NA because you want more PVP, people from EU will avoid pvp because of bad ping. Logic
    Also there is nothing mentioned that this game is clearly pvp based. There are mechanics that allow you to fight with other players outside cities, conquer nodes etc. But there are far more activities that are not based on pvp. If pvp is 1/10 things you can do here, why do you say its pvp game tho.

loboram likes this.
  2. kid192

kid192 New Member

how is there nothing mentioned that this is a pvp game? its literally what the creators of the game intended and designed the game to be around , now if you want to say that the game has evolved in to something else then alright but drop that first part of your statement

3. CrazyLamer

CrazyLamer New Member

This game is PvEvP not simply PvE or PvP. And most people on EU doesn't PvP so if you are only out to pvp then EU will probably stop playing as they gather skills, money etc. most of the time, we're mostly just nu into all that pvp everywhere. And also not everyone has the time to play all the time either and want to go out and do quests and NOT get pk'ed everywhere so there's that
    (and yeah i've been pk'ed while still trying to gear up and a guy that could practically 3 shot me was around waiting for beginners which is a real shitty move and don't even try to justify it)

loboram likes this.
  4. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Actually this is not correct, at least not what I know of the very first version created and launched in Korea. The first version was centered around RPG, and had a distinct two-storyline concept, where the players could choose to follow the Black Spirit and get labeled as "evil" or choose to help the Adventurer's Guild/League where all the NPC's from the original story-line come into play. You have to remember that the first version ends with attacking and defeating Belmorn the demon that takes over Jordine the Grand Chamberlain in Heidel City. In that first version you were paired up with the guy who keeps showing up all over the place Edan, along with Orwen and the Shai woman Yaz, as well as one of the Alchemists. (https://community.blackdesertonline...ack-desert-online-complete-main-story.266770/)

So the very first version was centered around RPG and also Karma which would increase or decrease according to your choices, and NOT PvP. It was changed greatly with the second version that was released for NA/EU, but still centered around the story-line. In fact it was only on the third version that the game started becoming PvP-enriched, and that was where the fan-base in NA/EU complained until they changed the whole idea behind doing the storyline, making it ALL about just following what the Black Spirit told the players to do, possibly because it was too complicated for the "western-culture" to understand that there were consequences to the choices made in the game, basically the game was dumbed-down to make it easier to play for folks with less of an attention-span.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    sergio909 likes this.
  5. kid192

kid192 New Member

umm i feel like my point still stands, they designed and created the game focused on pvp for the WEST market

6. PsychoticPR

PsychoticPR New Member

To get to lvl50 you are required to acknowledged it is a PVP game. Forced PVP will be enabled.
    What do you gain from Gathering and Horse training? Silver? Then what? You need knowledge for more energy to keep gathering. You could buy a book shelf or grind in numerous mob spots.
    You are energy capped to force you to not pve for more than a few hours. That's why they nerfed Horse Training and capped Trading.
    To me, it is a PVP game. Your experience maybe different from what YOU enjoy. But to 100% this game, you are required to Force PVP with other player due to limited amount of resources like mobs and grind spots.

7. kid192

kid192 New Member

again i feel like im not wrong , on paper yes bdo was supposed to be something different and PA seems to be going that original route with crimson desert instead but as they devolped the game especially for the west it was designed around pvp and thats where the current design philosophy of the game is right now PVP . man i feel like everything is so clear to me just by looking at the game and all the subjects we have talked about in this thread .. the devs are designing and have designed that game for a long time around PVP thats pretty much it . out of everything to rebuttle this is not it lmao

8. loboram

It is fair to say that some players have not understood the gigantic PvE-aspect of this game, let alone the (much better in the previous builds) life-skilling part and of course income options that have absolutely NOTHING to do with PvP, so in all fairness if this game really was a PvP game then there would be a reward for killing other players, but there isn't.

I rest my case, I get that there are MANY ways to play the game, but as a concept there is absolutely nothing that backs up your claims other than mainstream garbage and hype.

I am not saying that there isn't any PvP in the game, or that there shouldn't be either, I get that the mainstreamers buy into whatever is spewed out by the mass-media, but it is a just what the mainstream-media says right now, it will change soon enough like in a year or two things will sound completely different.

I have no problems with the players who want to PvP on our community, there SHOULD be enough space in our community to accomodate all types of players, which of course ALSO means that the PvP'ers should be respectful of players who do not want to engage in such activities in the open-world. There are some options for PvP, even an entire Channel (Arsha) devoted to them solely, which brings me to the most important aspect of this message.

If I am to respect your PvP'ing limited gaming style, then you are NOT allowed to complain about lacking materials on the MarketPlace, nor are you allowed to complain about other players NOT wanting to PvP who feel like their game is being ruined by some bullying-pricks, who continually kill everyone anywhere near them for NO good reaon at all. If you JUST wanna PvP, then you aren't contributing to the server at all, meaning you are not putting materials on the MP or helping out other players by NOT killing them if they just happen to be near you.

This is NOT "Retail-BDO", if you want to claim idiotically-mainstream things like: "this is MY spot", then I suggest you go to the Retail-BDO server, because there it is completely intergrated into the gaming community, however it is NOT the same here on GamezBD. There are many more players claiming that this isn't being respectful for the "majority" of players who do NOT want to get their gaming time interrupted by bullying PvP'ers.

So I am just saying that PvP focus should be seen as a small puzzle piece in a MUCH larger image, and once again if you disagree, you are absolutely free to do so, everyone wants to play the game however they want to, but that does not mean that one type of playing-style should be the reason for new players -just joining our community- to leave within a week because of how they are treated by said community right?
    This like many other posts is about SAVING the PvP scene, so having more players arrive and actually enjoy their stay on our servers -as well as community- would be the best way to achieve this goal, don't you think?

marsseven likes this.
  9. PsychoticPR

PsychoticPR New Member

PVP game.
    No Raids or Dungeons. Only large scale PVP.

10. sergio909

sergio909 Proficient

You have answered by yourself its not PVP game. "Force PVP". As mentioned earlier there is such thing as karma system, killing people is lowering your karma, with negative karma you are attacked by NPC's and can be attacked by other players, death with negative karma can lower your EQ enchants which make any player with low karma "bad person".
    There is pvp enabled true, but its not the core of the game. Field pvp doesnt reward you by any matter, you only loose karma and maybe get someone grind spot. You dont get any tokens, any points, chich you can exchange for items.
    There are also no factions conquering with each other. Nothing PVP based at srotyline also.

loboram likes this.
  11. PsychoticPR

PsychoticPR New Member

You contradicted yourself. By getting someones grind spot you make money.

12. kid192

kid192 New Member

the previous guy stated that there was nothing indicating that this game was for pvp and my rebuttle was yes there is how about the last 3 years of the core game design of the whole dam thing... shut and closed thats it nothing more to analyze or reach for there lmao. imagine ppl argueing that bdo is not a pvp game this fucking blows my mind its insane, its literally a pvp sandbox game

13. CrazyLamer

CrazyLamer New Member

A lot of games has PvP but this got more than pvp, you got all the other things like all the life skills, trading etc.
    Even if this has forced PvP, guild wars and all that doesn't make this a PvP only game like you guys say it is.
    This has both PvE and PvP content so it is both, and it's up to whomever who plays it choose how they want to play. Some doesn't do PvP some does.
    That doesn't mean anyone can force pvp upon someone else, so if you guys wanna PvP, fine be my guest, but merging servers just for that....fuck no.
    You guys on NA go kill each other however much you like but leave EU out of it until majority of EU actually wants horrible ping and PvP and also, EU vs NA player not happening due to the insane LAG it will be unplayable.
    And as for honorable mentions, Tera Online also had PvP servers and that didn't make it a PvP game, Lineage 2 also had open PvP but that didn't make it a pure pvp game either as they both have BOTH sides of contents.

Come on, say how wrong i am now as this is facts.

marsseven and loboram like this.
  14. loboram

Yeah in the end it is absolutely impossible to MAKE others see the most obvious things, or facts, or science.
    Just like religion, and conspiracy theory addicts, as well as humans in general held in ignorance by their beliefs in traditional thinking, nothing anyone says will ever impact their way of thinking. There is a good TED-talk about this topic, about humans being unable to see the other side of a situation/debate/cause/discussion, and it is clear that the more facts are thrown at them the more stubborn they will become in their beliefs.

So lets return to the matter at hand which by now should be pretty dead, since nothing new has been added to this thread that is in response to the Original Post, and it has become about other things now. But I guess as a staff-member mentioned, this is probably never going to happen, the merger of the servers, especially if it is ONLY to satisfy a handful of players who use/read this forum, and only want it to happen to improve the PvP scene.

I think it is time to close this thread...

15. kid192

kid192 New Member

go threw all my posts in this and qoute me where i said that is a pvp only game. you wont because i never said that ... infact you will find that at one point i said "if you want to talk about how the game has evolved into something else thats an other conversation" but that was not what we where talking about. please dont lose focus on the subject at hand and so yes i can say you are wrong. and fyi for you and everyone who thinks like you i would find a better reason then eu doesnt like to pvp that just sounds dumb. keep the points to lag and ping and time zone

16. CrazyLamer

CrazyLamer New Member

And where did i specifically quote and talked just to you ?
    If you read one of the previous posts there is one guy saying this is a PvP game....
    So before you start crying and get offended you might wanna consider that it's not always you people reply to.

17. PsychoticPR

PsychoticPR New Member

You cannot 100% PVE aspect of the game without Agreeing to being forced into PVP in the open world.
    If PVE had "NOTHING" to do with PVP, then Kamasilve and Valencia would be able to complete with a lvl49 Character.

But ofcorse as a wise old man once said...

18. kid192

kid192 New Member

not a bright bunch on these forums it seems.... you see sir you didnt qoute anyone which is the problem in the first place. you posted a comment with no qoute which means anyone is open to qoute you and comment, are you new to forums?

19. Rawrrxx

Rawrrxx New Member

is threre an EU server in gamezaion cuz am thinking to download it ?? pls answer :))

20. Kewi

Kewi New Member

@ origonal poster and Dev's

Ping is an issue, I would advise not - to do this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.