1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Can a future exist without thought?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nujabes, Sep 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nujabes

Nujabes Well-Known Member

Everything I'm writing here is completely to my own opinion and cannot be looked at as an absolute truth. (Technically impossible for anything to be a absolute truth anyway)

I personally deny time travelling because the idea of time travelling only is possible with the existence of numbers, and numbers only exists because 'we' made it so. We never invented time, the timeline of years throughout recorded history does not have an 'absolute' connection to 'real' time. Time to my opinion is purely distance, moving eternally without associates to a future or past. As for going into the future, the future only exists through the mind, can you visual see and know a future without the requirement of a thought? A future cannot be seen without the use of any possible thought, and once that thought has become part of our reality, it has become the present, not the future.

About the past now. the past only exists through the mind, a memory, all the records of history is written by the 'winners' and was written in their initiated memory, thus is only real to the one who created that record, we can review and 'recreate' history but only as an imagination, an illusion. How can one go back to the past when that past was an interpretation of his own thoughts? There is history, which was curved and possible into how we want it to be. The past is just a memory process of our consciousness and cannot be gone back to besides the creator of that memory.

So let me ask you guys, do you think the future can exist in our physical life (seen and touched) without the use of thinking of the future in any way?

2 people like this.
  2. chicotte

chicotte Well-Known Member Forum Legend

that was deep man xD

well what would you call the thing when you dream bout something and exactly that image happens 1-3 days later :p?

3. Deadlychants

Deadlychants Rainbow kittens Forum Legend

Funny because numbers is the only thing that is certain in reality.
    You should take a philosophy class.
    good stuff.

4. Nujabes

Sixth sense, seeing ahead of time, but then the next question is: Are dreams itself a thought of our own consciousness?

Yeah, I was thinking of doing philosophy some time in my life, right now I just want to progress into animation and creative writing.

5. Cropolite

Cropolite No regrets D:

Damn, that really IS deep. Interesting point you bring forward too.

/debateforumplease

6. Deadlychants

Hym, go read up on Descartes, you'd find him interesting. A peculiar fellow like you.

He looked into what knowledge was, and reality and his interpretations were pretty damn interesting.
    He also talks about dreams, and if we can tell what is real, and what isn't. . .

7. Nujabes

Maybe, maybe, but it is possible for 2+2 to equal 26. If I get a new born child, exiled to all outside understandings, teach him my own personal beliefs of mathematics, I could reshape the belief of 2+2 equals 4 to 26. Sure, later what he "downloaded" from me would be deleted as he draws himself to society and then 'downloads' their beliefs. But the point I'm saying is, as long as that possibility exist, it can no longer be certain.

Yeah, I will take some time to look into him too, I read a brief info on him when i was studying on the Renaissance period.

8. Predatorz

Predatorz Proficient

is this like inception shiit :)

9. Deadlychants

With all due respect, you'd be changing the childs knowledge. Not math itself. Taking two items, and adding two more items makes four.

Another example is like there is no four sided triangle.

Keep in mind math is math, how you shape it to a person is another thing.

Hope you can understand most of it, forgive my bad english. :p

1 person likes this.
  10. Predatorz

Predatorz Proficient

i love you

11. Deadlychants

What is love?

12. Nujabes

Hmm.... Yes, maths is maths but it's the knowledge of man that makes the maths. Once you adjust the knowledge, the maths will now become part of that 'program' of thinking, almost like a software creation and then editing it. Nothing could be truly certain unless one believe it to be and become part of their nature/thought process.

Edit: The very thing I did with that child, is the same starting point with any defined truth in our reality, the process of thought becoming part of reality and will now define it's own truth to whoever 'downloads' the understand that is shown to them. So basically, the very thing I did with the child, has happened to all of us through education, and thus, 2+2 =4. (This can't be proven of course)

Edit 2: I just realise, no one has answered the topic question. o_O

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  13. Deadlychants

It's not the knowledge of man that makes one plus one two. An ant could take a crum of bread, and go back for another and now it knows it has two of them. Funny thing is, we don't have to program it or anything, it would exist without us.

even if you believe something to be certain, it very well could be deception. Think about how you see things, light reflecting off ... matierial substance... that is invisible to our senses. I really hate to say God can be uncertain (not picking a side) but some claim he is, when it's very possible he isn't and vice versa.

many, many, many things are uncertain in this world but but the one thing that has been proven to be completely true time and time again is math and "I exist"

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

So let me ask you guys, do you think the future can exist in our physical life (seen and touched) without the use of thinking of the future in any way?-

Forgot this is what it was about. Lol.

I say nay!

14. Beastie

Beastie Banned

Most ppl call it Deja Vu and its happened to me tons of times, and some are so exact it really freaks me out especially when I tell ppl that some certain event is gonna happen and it does then it freaks them out.

15. Deadlychants

I would say it's fair to call you the Anti-Christ right about now.

gogo Final Destination !

16. Nujabes

Fair enough, we all got our opinions I guess, but if it's not the knowledge of man that makes 1+1= 2, how could one know 1 plus 1 equals 2 without the knowledge of it? How could one know that 2 objects and bringing 2 more makes 4?

And lol at the future question answer, xD.

17. Beastie

Beastie Banned

or maybe Im one of the gifted people who are gonna help humanity achieve a higher existence :happy:

18. Nujabes

Yeah minds something like that, but slightly different from the Deja Vu we all know. I'll save that for another topic on why I feel these Insight vision happens.

19. Deadlychants

I'm not sure I follow sorry.
    You're asking why we named the number two, two?

Simple math like 1 object and another object make two objects have been around since way before the dawn of mankind. It's not a man made invention, the process of adding things.

At any rate, I'm gona grab some goodies from the fridge and cook something up.

For anyone else who has followed anything I've said bear in mind this is complete opinion, don't take anything I say to be true, it's merely for your critical thinking.

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

What do your visions say about Gamez? Oh great one. :smile:

20. Nujabes

The thing about 1 object with another is not that different from saying it spokenly, the only difference is that the objects are physical. But two objects can't make two unless you know it made two. My whole point here is that nothing is possibly true without a sense of knowledge, without knowing what is and what isn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.