1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Can a future exist without thought?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nujabes, Sep 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uzziel

Uzziel Expert

man is a finite being.

nwy u need to drink ur pill imo.

2. Deadlychants

Deadlychants Rainbow kittens Forum Legend

Newtopic ^_^

Nuja, no offence, you would be the kid that the teacher hates in philosophy class lol.

But you'd have fun, give it a shot in the future.

3. Kevster

Kevster Legend Forum Legend

You can't really say that you can feel or touch the future because time is constant. You can always question something, but there will never be a truth about it. Many people say that the big bang started the universe. There is a possibility, but it's 1 out of an infinite chance, but what caused the big bang?
    We can say that we can create things, but what created us?
    It's like, what if you are actually living in a dream right now?

It's based on everyone's own perception. However, our society is built in a way where education gets smashed into our heads and if you think differently, no one can help you. But the wise said that whatever you believe in is what is the real truth. All the things we know has evidence to support it, but can also be proved wrong and be questioned again and again.

4. Deadlychants

You missed the question too. :happy:

5. Kevster

Well in my opinion then. I believe there is no future, you just live everyday until you die. But something that questions me is that, we never see ourselves die in our dreams, so there is another point we need to live up to. Do we die and wake up to another dream again?

6. Deadlychants

If you never die in your dreams, how do you die and wake up to another dream you silly goose.

7. Cropolite

Cropolite No regrets D:

Win,

10cha.

8. Deadlychants

We have Nuja's club starting here. The Continental Rationalist.

9. navydevil

navydevil New Member

yes i do believe that is possible, but not in many many years from now, but doing so will damage time and space, but also prevent disaster and chaos to happen, even though that is already to late, our planet is stamped "ready to be demolished"

Offtopic: this is like questions i would just give up on answering on in school and continue to next question lol

10. Vaugn

Vaugn Respected Member

whew, I love to discuss something like this. I'll join you after class. keep bumping all of you :)

11. Nujabes

Nujabes Well-Known Member

XD I would be. My art teacher really hated me because I had my own vision on what art is about and wouldn't succumb to her intelligence, lol.

Interesting thoughts you wrote there, hmm.

12. turkonjavla

turkonjavla Expert

wow how much time di you need for all this knowlegde is the greatest gif of peaople

13. maneta

maneta Lesbian Forum Legend

Smoke less weed.

14. Alpha

Alpha Expert

i want some of that shit seriously o_o im barely awake that would work totally!!!

15. Kevster

Heh. The things you know right now are only true because you were born into the society that was built. Built from fighting for freedom and rights and that a human does not deserve to have more right than another.

I bet in about 200 years, everything is going to change again. But who knows how it's going to be :3

16. LayerCake

LayerCake New Member

Holy Christ this is so deep~~~~

I agree to it too. @_@.

17. marvin11

marvin11 New Member

18. regiix3

regiix3 yeah Forum Legend

Time has so many definitions its almost impossible to define its true meaning.
    What you visualise in your mind (in this case, the future) is to me, only an illusion until i experience it, similar to deja vu o:
    Everything is just an Optical or Mental (is there such thing? YOU GET MY POINT) illusion as you cannot identify or predict what the future will be. If we could 'touch' our destined future, might as well do something to change it as it will no longer be your future after you've 'touched' it because youve already experienced it.
    orrr ... In other words, the future in your mind is just a fragment of your Imagination and Truth mixed together.

Sorry, its waaaaayyy past my bedtime, brain aint functioning very well. Where are you nujaaaa ! ;___; i miss your philosophical threads -.-
    Somebody make a Philosophy section ~
    ohgod, this thread is 6 months old O___O oops ...

19. dmaxcustom

dmaxcustom Well-Known Member

You know you were born, and you know you gonna die eventually.... isnt that a clear proof that time indeed exists beyond thoughs?
    Under that view, everything that is now, someday will end, even if we agree to it or not, even if we though of it or not.

We know time exists because we understand that the moment we are now is a moment we remember, and the moment we desire becomes the moment we are right now. We are to self centered to understand that things happen regardless of own existance. Our desires and memories indeed are thoughs but are thoughs based on information we aquired by experience under our very very limited point of view... we can only see what our point of view allow us, we dont have the complete picture of any given event. So thoughs indeed became our way to realize that we are here and that we move trough a set of events that are about to happen, are happening now, and that already happened. Furthermore, past events change or modify your approach to a new event and how you gonna face them when they are happening.

I agree that the way we interpretate things makes us believe that things happen like illusions, our own flawed nature even works on interpretations, that we are not totally sure they could be real in a sense of physical reality, but they are.

Anyway, a lot to think about.

EDIT... LOOOL yeah 6 months old!!! XD

20. Bryne

Bryne Pactum Angelorum Forum Legend

If I think of going to school tomorrow or write something later or post here in the forums after 20 minutes can I call it a future? Well It can be altered too or changed depends on my mood and thats a definition of future too right?

Present is a tiny thread, days, minutes, seconds or milliseconds that separates the past and the future ~ my self explanation of time xD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.