1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

//gmlist ?

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Ero, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Adieu

Adieu Respected Member

Jeez I only slept like 5 hours what happened o.o;

I'll admit I use the invis thing, but I try not to use it very often but it's hard sometimes when theres only 1 other GM online who's afk or just invis x__x

For this I do apologize and I'll try to use it less. Sorry ^^;

2. ryang

ryang Banned

-points finger at pent up anger of the community- it seriously wasn't me, it was like this when I got online. guess you can't bottle up all that anger forever carlissa D:

3. Jessica

Jessica Banned Forum Legend

he is actually right. but the one who hired them is the one to blame. there should be a lot of them one gm cant handle thousands of requests, reports, queries, faqs etc.

4. Frenemy

Frenemy Banned

/GMs fail...

Duh...

5. antoha

antoha Proficient

u guys know wts the real problem? the gms aint the problem, and not even who hired them. the real problem comes from the person who sepose to superwise them
    wich is.... no idea actuly.. carl/karissa maybe?
    this is nother prob, the "high ranks" never visit the forum and show there faces in public. if they would bumo here and there to watch the forum it would have been real nice.
    for the reasons above, as much as i sympatize with this topic, its rather useless coz ppl gonna QQ here, take out there anger relax abit no1 will notice this and everythin will keep bein the same untill another anger wave flush the forum...

1 person likes this.
  6. NotImportant

NotImportant Proficient

gm's abusing a "bug"..how much fun can it be?

7. Jessica

Jessica Banned Forum Legend

I want a like button!! Super +1 antoha

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

LOL you sure dont read previous posts. LOL

its not a bug its a privilege.

8. ryang

ryang Banned

the problem is that certain people shoulda been demoted and banned long ago. others should not have. and carlissa should have found someone who knew how to manage the community and staff rather than trying to do it for themselves, since it clearly has not been working out

9. Frenemy

Frenemy Banned

+1 wat he just said :wink:

10. NotImportant

NotImportant Proficient

someone said that: "It's not a command, it's a bug that can be toggled on/off"

11. Ero

Ero New Member

This!

But actually it would be enough when at least 1 GM appears on the list....well...especially when there is a Event in progress.
    Knowing there is a GM online whom you could contact, is some sort of prevention against a lot of abusers (though not enough)
    Would be cool if the other GMs would follow Adieu's example^^

Kinda depressing to sort out all illegal-flyer screenshots with readable names, upload them and post them...until it's done lots of people died to them and lost their hardly gathered AP :/

12. Kyle

Kyle Banned Forum Legend

I believe that the GMs and Mods should have there rights of Privacy.

13. ryang

ryang Banned

on their alts go ahead. but on their GM chars they should not be allowed to do that. thats like saying they just want the power and no responsibility

1 person likes this.
  14. Ero

Ero New Member

Why be a GM when you are not open for whispers? This means you don't want to help...so...you are not in the right position. If you don't wanna help, don't go for GM, just play and let others do the job.
    GMs HAVE a responsibility, so like ryang wrote, no privacy as long as they're logged in with their GM chars.

15. Sanctus

Sanctus Banned

I only use the command when AFK, or doing an investigation that takes a bit of time.

For example, tabbing out of the game to update my ban log, or when I've had a hacker reported to me and I am following him waiting to get proof. Reason being, I cant answer PMs when I am tabbed out, and I cant deal with other support requests while I am investigating a hacker.

The only other time I set myself to invisible, is when I am hosting an event.

Though to be honest, there are a few GMs who tend to spend too much time in invisible mode.

2 people like this.
  16. ryang

ryang Banned

oh sanctus, I hope your not talking about adieu =/

17. Sanctus

Sanctus Banned

Of course not. Adieu works very, very hard. What would give you the impression that I'd ever have anything bad to say about her? ):

Edit: NOT sarcasm. Shes incredibly hard working and I respect her majorly for it.

18. ryang

ryang Banned

oh, just seemed like you were throwing all the other GMs under a bus to save yourself, I only assumed you were talking bout her. guess its the other ones then

19. Sanctus

Sanctus Banned

No you got it all wrong x__x

I guess I did not do a good job of wording my post, I guess.

Sometimes, some of us, tend to use it too much. But not everyone who has a GM position can work to equal capacity, if you know what I mean. Someone might be able to handle X ammount of support requests, while someone else can only handle Y ammount.

When you get swamped, its best to try to stem off more requests, since you can't answer them yet anyway, and when you get caught up, then open up again. Otherwise users get mad that you're not responding to them fast enough. Its almost a lose-lose situation.

20. Sanctus

Sanctus Banned

I am saying everyone works to their capacity, which in that light is very objective way of saying we all work hard, just that no two GM's capacities are the same.