1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Money Making

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Whineseeker, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Whineseeker

Whineseeker New Member

Hello Guys.
    I'm new here in the server. Everything feels easier and gives more fulfillment. I love it.
    Still, after years on retail i really want to achieve a proper GS as soon as possible.
    Considering I have few time to spend into the game (except for weekend), what's your suggestion to earn money fast and easy? I tried the skeletons farm but it's a bit disappointing (old guide).
    Thank you very much, see you ingame

PrestonGarvey likes this.
  2. Spectrus

Spectrus New Member

hexe and crecent

3. Whineseeker

Whineseeker New Member

I'll try with crescents.
    What about gathering/Hunting? reached artisan gathering in like 30 min, I guess it will be the same with hunting.
    How's the income with life skills for a new player?

4. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Well, to tell you the absolutely truth, there is NO "one-way-to-play", otherwise EVERYone would be doing the exact same thing in the same place. So while there are many different ways to make silver, it is really up to what you want to do most of all, since this is a game afterall and as such it is meant to be a pleasant way to waste time, not meant to feel like work.

I know that there are far too many players, who think that games are supposed to be about getting to the end and top as fast as possible as if it was a competition, but that is just because of "bragging-rights" which is quite childish really when you think about it; "look at what I can do in a computer game, aren't I really cool and good?".

So I can only suggest that you find some way to make a good amount of silver on your own, because noone else will know how you play or what you like to do while in-game. HOWEVER there are a couple of things that might make things a bit easier for you in general, if you haven't heard about them yet, which are basically the AFK-activities. Since your active-time is limited in this game, because of real-life, then I would suggest that you do things like leaving your PC on overnight, while your characters ride along an auto-path to gain Training-Skill while leveling a horse to level 30 (for breeding and then Imperial Market Vendor), and that will also get you the Free-Pearls throughout the night.

In about 2-3 days you can level up four T8-horses, getting you about 320 million x4 = 1280 million silver, BUT do remember to breed them first, and use the Imperial Market Vendor so you do not have to wait forever trying to sell them on the Horse Market instead.

5. Whineseeker

Whineseeker New Member

Thanks for your reply.
    I get your point and Totally agree with you but i’m a veteran player, playing since release, even with many months of unactivity.
    That’s why i need to get to endgame asap since I roamed this world for a while.

6. Whineseeker

Whineseeker New Member

Sorry for double post.
    Is there a way on this server to obtain a t7/t8 without breeding or horse market?

7. Puffery

Puffery ᴘᴜꜰꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀɢɪᴄ ᴅʀᴀɢᴏɴ Forum Legend

you get a t7 when you start the game. you get a t8 by breeding or horse market there is no other way.

8. loboram

It is Not actually true what @Hyperbole said there @Whineseeker, because I did add a link to the Tame a Horse guide in my guide for new players, in that link you can find the appearances of the horses and their according Tiers, also the places where you can find the horses, but they do spawn randomly so you cannot go to one spot and find a specific Tier.

However I will have to say that the Taming-mini-game can be REALLY frustrating, so after checking out a video on youtube on how to do that, I will recommend that after you get to the horse in the mini-game, do Not mount it immediately, but instead wait for about 30-45 seconds, and Then mount it...it might just be superstition but it used to work very well, even with a Character who had the bare minimum Training skill needed to Tame a horse:
    "1. Be Level 20
    2. Training Beginner Level 5 (Press P and look under Profession)"
    (http://dulfy.net/2016/03/03/black-desert-online-horse-taming-and-breeding-guide/)

9. Puffery

Puffery ᴘᴜꜰꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀɢɪᴄ ᴅʀᴀɢᴏɴ Forum Legend

unless it changed within the last couple months, the max tier you can tame in the wild is tier 5. you will not find a horse above tier 5 in the wild. you will have to breed the t5 horses or exchange them to get a higher tier horse. either that or buy it off the market.

10. sweatyboy

sweatyboy New Member

- use the T7/8 given to you and level it to 30
    - sell it for 150-300m
    - buy Kzarka or something
    - go grind (seriously)

11. Whineseeker

Whineseeker New Member

Already have kzarka and dandelion tet. Still a nouver pri but whatever.
    I’m only 207 ap or something like that, tried to grind crescents but i drop a single damned ring per hour. What do you suggest?

ps: again, I played for something like 4 years, I know most of the aspect of the game till last year

12. loboram

@Whineseeker I do not know what exactly you are after then?

You asked a question a newbie would ask, and then now you say that you have been playing for 4 years?

I do not understand...Look you can make silver any way you want to, it really isn't that hard pal, there isn't a "shortcut to becoming rich" here on GamezBD, and if you want to read more about how things work here, then I can only suggest that you read the Guides section, or make a google search for more information on how to make silver. I do have to tell you that there is no "get-rich-quick-scheme", since this game is designed the way it is. You should be complaining to Pearl Abyss if you want things to change :)

13. Whineseeker

Whineseeker New Member

I read about 500m+ per hour but i surely earn much less. As i said I'd like to reach endgame gear asap, need to understand if it's better to grind, to gather, to trade to barter or whatever it's needed to make it fast :D

btw:
    and

loboram likes this.
  14. fayez

fayez New Member

can u Explain more about tringing
    sorry my English not that Good
    but if i have (very very good gear) and tringing 4 horses T8 for 2-3 days(until level 30) i will sell them to the Imperial (for 320m Each one??)
    if u can Explain it more that's help me thank u my friend

15. loboram

That is true...some of the guides are now quite old, and some are even inaccurate, or down right wrong...so I do understand that it can be confusing, I will have to do a quick review of what is actually factual nowadays, in this particular version of the game, and what is now outdated or just wrong :)
    Also thanks for making this clear, since I obviously didn't quite understand what you were asking :p
    Yes, you can buy your self a Farm-Wagon, acquire 4 T8 horses, and then Train them to level 30, for the purpose of selling them at around 320 million, BUT you HAVE to make them all into Courser Horses (https://grumpygreen.cricket/bdo-training-guide-eminent/?cn-reloaded=1), otherwise they sell for only about 140-160 million for T8's.

16. CheGabster

CheGabster New Member

I am also very interested in learning of some "early" game grind spots to get started on making/buying my boss gear.
    Also one question about horses: If my t8 horse does not meet the requirments for Courser, should I then buy horse skill change from pearl shop and make it Courser that way?
    Sorry for asking bothersome questions, but I am trying to learn more about the game and not just farm Hexe sanctuary like I did last time I played lol.

17. loboram

Naah buddy, do not apologize, this thread topic is "Money Making", so far nothing has been too far off topic :)
    The very best advise I can give you really is to give the off-site guides a read-through, like the best bdo-guide-site I have found so far: https://grumpygreen.cricket/

It might look a bit difficult to actually find what you are looking for specifically, But the Search function at the top right corner, works just fine, however I would keep the search as simple as possible, like "horse", "boss", "wagon", "ship" and of course "worker". Because believe it or not, with a good amount of Contribution Points (gained through doing quests) and some Energy (gained through obtaining knowledge), you can actually start getting quite a lot of resources, just by being online, through a "workers empire".

Oops, sorry about that @CheGabster forgot about your specific question; YES! It is absolutely worth it, the amount of Pearls you have earned throughout the night while horse Training, are now roughly over 2500 which is the 11 change-Horse-Skill package. So you will have some trouble in the beginning, because of a low Traning Skill, but eventually, you will be getting a Skill with two tries at it, on average. So with around 7 missing skills (that is the maximum amount of skills needed for a courser horse), you would need around 5000 Pearls, which is two packages totalling 22 horse-skill-changes.

BUT it is STILL worth it, I know that the mainstreamers will all go bananas here, saying that it is easier to buy Artisan Memory, and then exchange those for Caphras Stones that you can put on the Central Market, however I just have one thing to say about that; why do that when EVERYone else is doing the same?

The amount of the Caphras Stones on the Central Market, in comparison to how many players are actually spending silver on getting them instead of doing the same as everyone, just exchange Pearls for Artisan Memory and getting them that way, Has to at some point hit a "deadend", where the stones aren't being sold at the rate where you wouldn't have to wait for days -if not more than a week-, in order to get them sold.

By then it is actually better to Train horses, because that only takes a few days, in order to gain around 1,2 Billion silver, for 4 level 30 courser T8s horses, which you can still BREED before you sell them, and continue training the offspring, even just selling them on the Imperial Horse Vendor, you immediately get paid, and do not have to wait several days for the player Horse Market.

Okay that was a really long answer...sorry...I guess I started half-ranting there again...not my intention, but I do hope that you understood what I meant :)

18. CheGabster

CheGabster New Member

Thanks for the reply :) I will look through that site and see if I can't learn something new :cool:

Currently training the tier 7 horse you start with, and its almost level 30. I was thinking I should breed it with a T5 horse I also have, but maybe it's better to spend 300m to breed it twice with a T8 horse from breeding market. What would you reccomend?

19. loboram

Well, it is quite obvious that what you want is to make in-game silver, so the less you have to spend the better :)

BUT because GamezBD is such a great project, I believe that they have also tweaked the rates of breeding as well, which means that even if you breed two tier 1 horses, you are likely to get T3-5 horses instead of -like on western retail- T1-2, so if you breed T5 with anything you are most likely to get T7. However it is a bit more difficult to get the T8, because even when you are breeding T8s you still often get T7s, and with T7s you only get T8s about 30-40% of the time, while with the T8s it is only slightly higher.

It really isn't such a big problem, because as long as you have enough horses to keep breeding, then the 120 million per courser T7 horse through the instant sale of the Imperial Horse Vendor, should be a quite good income possibility for an AFK activity, also while getting free Pearls and the Training-Life-Skill. It can sometimes be a good thing, to just go out into the wild, and tame three to four horses for breeding, because it is a big boost to the Training Skill, then putting them on the Horse Market instead of the Imperial Vendor, due to the higher income AND the fact that someone now has a horse they can afford :)

20. jarrodaldrich4

jarrodaldrich4 New Member

I feel you on wanting to get that proper GS ASAP. Ain't nobody got time for slow progress, especially when you've got a life outside the game (or at least, you should). As for money making, have you tried checking out the auction house? You can buy low and sell high, baby! Just make sure to keep an eye on those trends so you're not stuck with a bunch of useless crap.