1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[VOTE] GamezBD Specials

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by loboram, Jan 4, 2021.

?

Do you want the GamezBD Specials removed and convert this server into a Complete Retail Copy?

1. Yes, because we want a server Exactly like retail

3.6%
  2. No, because GamezBD is a Private Server and should have Special Content

96.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I am just concerned about the things I have heard here and there, ESPECIALLY about some players who want to remove the "bug", which I just call a GamezBD Special content; Horses that can move underwater.

I am sure that there are other aspects of the GamezBD server, that have acquired the attention of some players, and that they want to change.

My question is really simple though: How much EXACTLY like the Retail-server does the GamezBD-community want this Private Server to be like?

IF some players just want another Retail-server, then why not play there?

Isn't the whole point of a Private Server, that it contains things that the Retail-server does not?

*UPdated:
    I know with certainty that @Kolka said, at some point in telegram, that this particular "bug" was going to be fixed in the future, BUT that was mainly because of complaints from a handful of players, claiming that this Server-Project SHOULD be EXACTLY like retail. To which this was my response, because I do not see it as just a bug, I do very much see it as a GamezBD-Special content, like so many other things.

That is exactly why I made this thread, mostly to inform the GamezBD community, about what was going to happen if they didn't speak up. Hence the Vote to make sure that the majority of the community will put their voices to what they really want of this Server-Project, as has been stated many times now by the developers, that they will listen if enough of the community wants something.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    bt2077 likes this.
  2. VirusQ

VirusQ New Member

I voted No , because it is a p.server and should have special features . I think most of people play on gamez because of that. They are fed up of ridiculous rates that retail offers . People will always want to be MAX everything ASAP ... they dont want to do any work at all .
    I have been playing for 1 month now , and i see bad things and good things aswell .... but hey , even retail has negatives .
    On gamez , what i dont like ..... its GM's / Owner lack of communication when updates are coming ... or to give a preview of what updates are coming ...
    Example : Season server is coming ( Characters ) , Early graduation for characters will be available on DATE .
    Sometimes , i noticed , server is going down because there is a update , but no notice to players to save their work and log off....

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  3. PrestonGarvey

PrestonGarvey Proficient

LOL hell no! it should be illegal for people to play on retail :D

4. z0h

z0h New Member

Personally i was disappointed when GameZ disabled the Desert debuffs for Valencia. It negated the usefulness of the Desert costume from the pearl shop, several pets from the pearl shop, as well as several items from the base game.

EDIT:

To add on to this, in the future we will be seeing the release of the snow area ie the home of the Guardian class. This new area will have a hypothermia debuff that you must protect yourself from, and the Guardian will be the only class with a innate immunity to this debuff. Sounds immersive and unique right? Well if the changes to Valencia's desert debuff is anything to go by, i can almost certainly guess that on GameZ we won't see this interaction, unfortunately.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  5. kitty87

kitty87 Guest

no offense there's nothing special here unless you count premium to be able to enchant like for instance no prem 55% on tuv gear fails 13 times in a row while getting pen with 10 FS with premium...works every time logic. but this is because our dev is a complete joke and cant fix his enchant bug or keeps it this way so people donate which is pay to win

desertkatze likes this.
  6. kitty87

kitty87 Guest

what? this was done on retail too FYI they removed all the debuffs from desert area

7. z0h

z0h New Member

Really?! Its been a while since i played retail, but i figured it was a change exclusive to GameZ. I do remember retail removing the debuff in certain areas like Fogans, but removed entirely? That doesnt make sense - especially given how many items ingame and in the pearl shop there are that interact with the debuff, and the snow area coming up that will feature hypothermia debuff.

EDIT: ok so apparently on retail its been removed temporarily because of the Oasis event.

8. PrestonGarvey

PrestonGarvey Proficient

well the votes on this post are pretty predictable :D

9. StevenVs

StevenVs New Member

Voted also no ,take the get it to retail i dont think players wanne lose there cash horses or ships or other things that are not avaible to buy in Retail with cash

10. MemeFragment

MemeFragment New Member

They removed the desert debuff because the affects of it were too similar to Covid and people were upset, , it was a long message sent too you in your mailbox by a GM explaining everything. With 500 crons.

11. Naru

Naru NA | Striker Main OOK OOK

if you want to play retail go play retail, don't ruin a fun server.

cometomama, bt2077 and loboram like this.
  12. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

Well, to be honest, most "specials" are just bugs. Like submarine horses, this is not intended, but since it causes no harm and it's a low priority it has become sort of a QOL, but it will come a time that this will be fixed and gone for good.
    Remember some elixirs and foods that could stack when they shouldn't?
    Also, Kolka said something very important about that matter on Telegram yesterday:

"We are server developers, content what you talk about its need have game client source code or good hacker and that small thing can be reason of sue by Pearl Abyss cuz editing client is protected by law. Even when we use gamez logo in client its not made by us, its made by community which shared it in forum and our lancher is just like torrent client but players share it to each other."

cometomama likes this.
  13. loboram

I really do not want to get into a debate or argument with you, but I do have a couple of things to say about the reply.

I know with certainty that @Kolka said, at some point in telegram, that this particular "bug" was going to be fixed in the future, BUT that was mainly because of complaints from a handful of players, claiming that this Server-Project SHOULD be EXACTLY like retail. To which this was my response, because I do not see it as just a bug, I do very much see it as a GamezBD-Special content, like so many other things.

That is exactly why I made this thread, mostly to inform the GamezBD community, about what was going to happen if they didn't speak up. Hence the Vote to make sure that the majority of the community will put their voices to what they really want of this Server-Project, as has been stated many times now by the developers, that they will listen if enough of the community wants something.

About that last part, it is indeed true, that there are some aspects of the game that are pretty much untouchable by the developers, and which they won't be able to make any changes to , but the database and the so-called bugs at the moment, might become a wonderful addition to the Quality Of Life on the GamezBD community. Being able to ride underwater is not really a game-breaking bug as I see it, and it seems that there are more who think that.

Again, I am not trying to be contrary just to be an arse, I am merely giving my opinion on your reply...hope that's okay with you :)

bt2077 likes this.
  14. Nomiko

Nomiko New Member

Of course i vote no. if you want retail, go play retail. people play here because the rates are great and they don't have to deal with the same stupid bullshit as retail. If kolka switched stuff around to be exactly like retail, gamez would lose players so fast.

15. Nereus

Nereus New Member

First time agreeing with Loboram, damn... Why fix something that almost everyone loves and isn't game breaking, submarine horses (and .rescue in example) are basically a staple of gamez at this point, idk how many times me and a few mates killed our horses (or simply typed .rescue in chat) while playing in retail

Choovanski, loboram and NinjaRivo like this.
  16. Kthulupwns

Kthulupwns New Member

Project Development/Programming is a very time consuming process, especially when you are building the sourcecode yourself and not using existing files that are datamined. The disconnect between players who have no idea how that process works (debugging takes thousands of hours when you're talking about a sandbox project this big) is astounding. How can people complain that updates arent coming fast enough, but on the same hand complain that bugs that are live on the current patch arent being resolved in a manner they view as timely. You can't have both. It's a process and the best thing players can do is just report unintended issues/bugs, and be patient with the development process. I played retail for 3 years and I've played here on gamez for a month and the server performance/gameplay imo is actually really well developed. I like that it's not just another retail clone and has unique elements that make it stand a part (in my opinion a lot better) from retail.
    And crying about pay to win when your playing black desert online is pointless. You can f2p and still hit hardcap. If you measure dicks in this game, you will always find someone with a bigger one. So instead of comparing progression to other people, enjoy the sandbox experience and just worry about yourself. Rant over

marsseven, loboram and Puffery like this.
  17. loboram

Keep the votes coming GamezBD community, it is the Only way we can let the Managers of GamezBD know, that we all want to keep things we all consider part of GamezBD.

18. Archivar

Archivar New Member

My opinion is that big changes that affect the server should be run through a voting process to determine what the community wants. Together, the players are the voice of the community.
    Without a community, the server is just a pile of electronics sitting in a data center.

This poll is a good example with people overwhelmingly voting for a certain thing ingame as we can see the vote count. Going against the poll is simply a bad decision.

loboram likes this.
  19. zherani

zherani New Member

I tried this out after remembering seeing this here and went to Port Ratt on my horse! I messed up the first time as I'm new on this server so my horse is still learning basics, accidentally did a skill that I failed in Margoria Sea area and I fell off then couldn't get back on. Second time I eventually made it though! It was totally mad and definitely don't want to see it removed.

loboram and nikostimi like this.
  20. loboram

Keep those votes coming...this is the only way for the staff and the development team to see, just how much this small change in how horses can move underwater, matter to all of us on the GamezBD community :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.