1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Guide A few clicks and better fps!

Discussion in 'Game Guides' started by Mav, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Mav

Mav Getting there

So this will be a very long and drawn out post about how to fix fps / Make it higher. I've been playing since release so I know a thing or two about dat fps life.
    If you do not have an SSD - Putting your game on texture quality high will be quite a struggle for your PC. It will reduce stutter and you will have a much better time over all. If you do not have a SSD and you're wondering why sometimes you're getting stutter on a texture that's above medium this might be the reason why.
    Graphic - The differance from Medium and slightly high are a lot larger than just slightly high to very high. You might see very minimal changes going from slightly to very high. But as for Medium to slightly it's a huge impact to fps in general.

The big FPS killers are Improve distance - Faraway NPC detail - Shower workers should all be disabled as you will not see much of a difference with these on and often times this will just suck your FPS. Auto frame Optimizer does next to nothing turning this off and lowering overall settings would be a better choice in general. High end mode is simply just not worth using. Even with me running a 1080TI I stray away from using it.

Make sure that Graphic card low-power Mode Is always turned off ( especially if you're on a laptop )
    If you're about to go to a boss making sure that Remove other players effects is on is vital to having better fps. Also making sure that distance effects is also off, simply while farming you might see a FPS increase while leaving these on. You will only need these when you pvp in 1v1's. Or 1vx small group battles.

Gamma And Contrast are personal Perf.

Character name display - if you hide all of the names you'll get a small fps increase off of this.

Going into your Game and turning off system Notifications will depend on your system on low end systems I would say to turn off a few of these.

Also another big one is to hide all pets or view just your own pets ( as you will receive a huge loss in frame surprisingly by seeing others pets )

If you want to edit your UI Hit ESC and disable ( By clicking the eye in the corner ) All UI essentials that you don't need.

Going next into the Nivida settings.

These are always going to matter based on the graphic card that you have; However Anisotrpic Filting - Off if you're having issues.

Texture filtering - Making sure this is on Performance if you're having issues.

If you're have an issue with Vsync turn it off and turning Tripple buffer on helps in some cases.
    However if you turn it off and you start to get screen tearing turn it back on and use fast.

If you're getting massive stutter sometimes this is related to temp files, other times it can be the cache file as well.
    However, this is one of those games that Ping can effect fps. Sadly, so once again looking at my VPN guide might help you if you have higher ping.

Another way to increase fps as listed by @Armageddonx911 on reddit is
    1.Start up task manager when BDO is running , you have to be logged in the character in the game. Not character or server selection.

2.Set BlackDesert64.exe to high priority.

3.Find ALL the CoherentUI_Host.exe . Right click each and set their priority to LOW.

4.Repeat 3rd step but instead set AFFINITY and UNTICK all the cores except 1. ( CPU 0)

5.Profit

Also sometimes this works
    Set the BDO Launcher to Windows XP Service Pack 3 Compatibility.

Also, Another list of Nvidia Settings

[​IMG]

I'm not going to steal anymore information from him but overall these are simple sets to improve FPS without going too in depth.
    For the rest of the steps you can look into https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdeser...ultimate_guide_for_fpsperformanceping_issues/
    For more ways he'll be able to teach you this is as much as I can really tell you without stealing stuff from him.
    Thank you for your time, I hope this helps. Cheers!

loboram and truckdale like this.
  2. piotrkefas

piotrkefas New Member

Hi. Sry this is old post but is not relative to Gamez BD anymore.
    Gamez is using BlackDesert64.bin as executable and this alone is causing performance problems for some people.
    I myself have like 10-15fps less on Gamez than on retail where everything goes smooth with .exe file.

Games sometimes used .bin as executable back in the times like LoL for example.
    Modern GPUs are not used to work well with .bin executable. Still there is compatibility mode both for NVIDIA and AMD. Back in 2018 it needed to be turned on manually. Now it is automatic but it's not helping much because it makes games only to be playable with .bin compatibility mode and lower FPS and graphic glitches may happen.
    I was asking already in 2018 why why why Gamez is clumsy using 2000s .bin method for running BDO which was never intended to work that way. Check your process manager and you will notice BlackDesert64.bin instead of BlackDesert64.exe

3. Leroox

Leroox Proficient

how do you improve fps? its unplayable with this bin shit, i have 40fps in here. 70 on retail

4. Leroox

Leroox Proficient

@Kolka is there anything that can be done to have better fps on the .bin file?
    is there a method to run the game thru the .exe?

5. natreex

natreex New Member

I just disabled game energy saver and another shit was activate by default and you can reach 60 fps. After that, is upper to what I made for myself.

6. Leroox

Leroox Proficient

can you share what you did for youself?

7. PrayHard

PrayHard New Member

thank you