1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Should we be able to sell to vendors at minimum market value, instead of vendor value?

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Mocks, Jul 21, 2021.

?

Yes or No

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Mocks

Mocks New Member

Would like to get the community's feedback on this.

2. hotdaawwwg

hotdaawwwg Getting there

Some people just want to see the market crash and the world burn.
    I kinda like the idea of being able to sell my hards to a vendor but at the same time this would be the worst thing that could ever happen to the server.

loboram likes this.
  3. Mocks

Mocks New Member

To be honest, the market is fucked either way. I was only here for a few months before they nerfed Caphra selling to vendors. There are some that made billions off that. The market basically has nothing on it.

4. hotdaawwwg

hotdaawwwg Getting there

Seems like you got the wrong idea about caphras it never was an efficient way to make silver it was always a newbie trap and people who sold caphra's for silver at the vendors were better off just training horse if they want to make a significant profit on top of that i have trouble understanding what does caphras have to do with the market and being able to sell every item to them for min price?

Choovanski, Sac and loboram like this.
  5. Sac

Sac New Member

Hell no, it would make things much much worse. It's already very easy to make gains here, ppl need to understand that just because its a private server doesn't mean it isnt BDO. This is the wrong game for instant gratification.

hotdaawwwg and loboram like this.
  6. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

While it doesn't actually say so in the "Forum Rules", it is stated in the "Server Rules" however, that you aren't allowed to spread false information and/or rumours. That is basically what I am responding to here.

I would like it if you could spare us all the vulgar language, and no the Central Market isn't broken anymore than the players who abuse it allow it to be. Explaination can be asked for, but will take some time to read, and I know how much mainstreamers hate reading, and intelligence, and learning things :p

The main reason, in my opinion, that the Central Market hasn't gotten any better, is because of the backwards mainstream ideology, which states that you shouldn't do something that you aren't told by some complete stranger, about what to do in a game that just happens to be your game-time by the way.

Second reason is that besides the lack of players trying to keep it going, there are some Insanely bad market prices, such as the Salt Water Bottle paradox for instance; Salt (https://bdocodex.com/us/item/9001/) costs around 20 Silver (untradable), and a Bottle of Sea Water (https://bdocodex.com/us/item/6652/) costs around 4000 Silver on the Central Market according to the BDOcodex.

So things like this makes players wary of the market in general, and when it comes to crafting things, the terrible realities they run into comes to light;
    Most items that you can craft, have a value under or nearly equal to the value of the individual materials.

This means that most of the time it isn't a good investment, for the players to make -to craft items for sale- at all.
    The whole ideology behind crafting something and selling it, is that you gain from the sale, which includes the cost of the materials, were you to go buy them off the Central Market, and then craft the item.

The Good business ideology states that you can get at least a 30% bonus profit, from getting the materials and crafting your own items, which you can then sell. But as it stands now, most of the time, you can gain more silver from just getting the materials and selling those, without having to spend extra time crafting (getting places of business in towns/cities as well as workers) something first.

One of the most horrifying items in this category is: Enhanced Flax Fabric (https://bdocodex.com/us/item/5860/)
    You have to use 5x Shining Powder and 5x Flax Fabric to create one, but the cost of the Shining Powder alone, is already worth Much more than the finished product, which is why there is no gain in making this item.
    There are a few quests which get you some of them, but the idea is to make the Central Market a viable way to make silver, right?

So while it is a difficult thing for some players to understand, first of all, like @Sac said; "This game is not for instant gratification". It has indeed been designed to last a Really long time.

Secondly, the idea that things automatically get bought on the Central Market, because it says so in some video-streamers site, or mainstreamer guide, is just wishful thinking, mostly because of the limited playerbase in comparison to the retail-bdo.

However also because GamezBD limits its own amount of players by not allowing for all playing styles on our community, such as the very prized Life/Trade-players, who would surely add to our numbers, And bring in some much needed balance to our Central Market :)

Sac and hotdaawwwg like this.