1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Launch GamezBD from Desktop Shortcut

Discussion in 'Questions' started by PhilTyler, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhilTyler

PhilTyler New Member

Hello!
    i know it was previously possible to create a desktop shortcut for BlackDesert64.exe to launch the game from there without the need of starting and logging into the launcher. That was done by adding some arguments to the Target line of the shortcut iirc containing the login info the launcher needs iirc.
    Unfortunately i do not remember how that was done and i can't find any info on the web so i'm asking: DO U KNOW DA WAYS?

Any help would be very much apprectiated, thanks in advance!
    Happy adventuring! c:

2. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

Nowadays we have an option on Launcher Settings that allows you to close the launcher after launching the game, have you tried this? To do so, you just have to uncheck the following option:

Sem título.png

3. PhilTyler

PhilTyler New Member

Big oooff ...
    Yes, of course i do know this.
    If my question was "Is there a way to close the client after the game launched" your answer would actually provide valuable information but unfortunately you didn't even understand the question correctly. I put that one on me for not being more specific from the start.

This is not about closing the launcher after the game started - this topic is about not having to start the launcher beforehand at all.
    As i already mentioned i had it set up like this in the past already but i took quite a long break from BDO and gaming in general and that is why i don't remember in detail myself.

The target line of the shortcut should look something like this to achieve what i intend:
    "X:\GamezBD Game\bin64\BlackDesert64.exe" PREFIX+USERNAME PREFIX+PASSWORD

I have already tried different prefixes to no success but i am more than 100% sure that this was a thing.
    Would be very strange if i made this up just to mess around with you, wouldn't it?

But thank you for trying, tho.

4. Jujuba

I have never heard of it, it might not work, but only @Kolka may state that. Also, this is not recommend since you need to keep your game up to date. If the launcher already gives you an option to not left it open, why complicate it so much? Just use the option provided.

5. PhilTyler

PhilTyler New Member

I am very well aware of the fact that using the shortcut to directly launch the game doesn't give me the option to update.
    For the few times the launcher is ACTUALLY NEEDED to receive, download and apply updates i'm gladly gonna use it.
    It really seems to almost offend you that i do not want to use the gamezbd launcher every time i wanna play the game - at least im getting these vibes from you. As i already said multiple times now: This topic is NOT about finding a way to close the launcher AFTER the game started this topic is sololey about finding a way to NOT USE the launcher at all besides for updates and/or settings changes.

Anyways i have figured it out on my own in the meantime and here is what has to be put into the target line of the shortcut in order to make it a) log you in and b) start the game directly:
    "X:\GamezBD Game\bin64\BlackDesert64.exe" username,password

Formatting the target line like this will log you in with the credentials you put and will start the game immediately.
    To select servers (NA, EU), receive updates and to modify settings exclusive to the launcher you will still have to start and apply your settings once before you start using the shortcout.

6. Jujuba

You're completely wrong, I couldn't care less. Just don't forget to update your game when you have to, so you won't think you found a bug when you're just missing some updates.
    Anyways, at least you got it to work. Problem solved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.