1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Faction balance?

Discussion in 'GamezAION General Discussion' started by Gon1337, Feb 24, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Gon1337

Gon1337 New Member

upload_2022-2-24_21-26-58.png

Can asmodians get locked out of character creation and we get some pvp buffs, they got all the forts (these were the asmos only scouting for towers there were asmos in every single fort too).

we need triple dredge

Huf likes this.
  2. katykat

katykat Proficient Forum Legend

They do both fort as the "elyos support" drop every time and towers, but if i'm not mistaken the towers shouldn't even give credit.

I do agree elyos need some sort of incentive to gain more traction, currently there are 90 asmos online. Maybe offer like 10 asmo players to transfer factions or something to help out? If it keeps like this where Asmos just decimate the elyos, the server population will slowly dwindle down.

Also Hiiiiii gon :D Heka / Liz here!

Raide02 likes this.
  3. Olivia

Olivia Legendary Member Forum Legend

I wanted to create elyos, but meh, lazy.

4. Pox

Pox New Member

We have around 50%/60 at most of that number of elyos at this moment, and most of them don't want to do actual L65 content, like yesterday we barely got 18 people for Tiamaranta Siege after me recruiting 40m before it happened.

And ultimately failing because of lack of dps, dragon resetting once and Decone sabotaging our 2nd heart with XFORM, which is really stressful as opening the eye is healthy for both factions in regards to PvP and equity in resources.

It's being really hard to push this faction either because of timezones as Tiamaranta is at 6AM PH Time, and most people in elyos is from there or just a lack of interest overall, no sieging/PvP legions on this side.

5. katykat

That's sad, I should have gone Elyos at the start than. If I didn't donate on my char here and such I would consider rerolling, not like asmos are doing anything besides with 3 main legions here everything but SSB is hush hush on this side. So I doubt they would miss me and the few people I have with me. Maybe i'll make another account and dick around and see, what classes could Elyos really benefit from?

6. Pox

Pox New Member

Besides the imbalance my main concern is that asmos are rushing through the small part of content of this patch, as EB ratios are boosted 10x giving 40 ceramium medals per run, which can't even be tried on elyos because of language barrier + gear difference and overall game knowledge regarding the roles of EB or what even is EB, being non-existent for most people on this side. When asmos get their full custodian gear in a month the grind will be over, but there will be not enough competitive elyos to fight them, which will make the server population suffer as people will get bored.

What classes would benefit us?: Anything to be honest but I guess Songweavers are the most needed as everyone seems to be struggling with their mana everytime (even I would be struggling if AT didn't have such high mana regen), we have like 3 or 4 clerics which all of them are pretty good but usually aren't connected at same time, we have like 3-4 hardhitters DPS and the rest is ok, we are just lacking numbers willing to do content on this side.

Player1996 likes this.
  7. alexander1st

alexander1st onetwothree Top Notch Youtuber

Not exactly the point I'm approaching in my thread, but I'm bringing a suggestion that would help EU players and the ely race as well. If you've decided to give ceras in abundance to people, make it so that people who cant attend EB also get it through other ways ingame. Decent percentage droprate on some mobs or somehow, would be a great idea. Not the ideal classical server, but getting 50 ceras in 1 EB run also isn't ideally classic. :D

Last edited: Feb 25, 2022
  8. Olivia

You know that running inside SSB and Ophidan Bridge gives you Ceramium Medals? Fancy Medal Chest (random mith/cera) and Vera Treasure Chest (100%).

9. Pox

Pox New Member

Yeah SSB and OB give ceranium but small quantities as drop is fixed and from boxes, even if you run 5h of both instances, for what 10-20 ceranium or less?

It's not even close to EB 2 runs per day which is 1h in total (2h while recruiting etc etc...) and it's giving 80 ceramium medals in total on Rank S... I like the suggestion of making ceramium medals more accesible either as a PvP reward, as an exchange of GP x Ceramium or any pvp related content, since EB is so broken and 2 star official gear will be rushed, why not make it just even more fast paced and fair for the weaker faction?

This patch or Aion in general is just problematic because PvP gear is retardedly obtained doing PvE.

10. Ayvel

Ayvel ἔσσεται ἦμαρ Staff Member Head of Staff

Hello everyone!
    We were already aware of the imbalance between the two races and there will be a solution to that issue soon.

Aleron likes this.
  11. Player1996

Player1996 Getting there

I kjagree c.d. PvP/events prize so we can catch up since we always outnumbered like yesterday. we have full alliance but weak coz of half set gears .this is a good way to be attentive in events not crafting for a whole day . Even boss runs we cant finish how poor s that right? We love to game but we can't coz of differences even yesterday a 64 characters wants to finish bm quest so he can catch up

12. Heize

Heize New Member

lol you must not lessen the ceranium in instances because its unfair to me also who have grind doing EB and also the slot also in Asmodian is always limited when going EB so i suggest that some asmo can trasfer to ely. nothing changes that only transfer some asmo player to ely those who are willing to transfer.

13. ToughMuff

ToughMuff New Member

i dont think there is much of a imbalance, instead of asking for handouts get involved with your faction, we had to start with the ground up with ours. explain to people why sieges are important, why to get out of bloodmark gear and switch to ap. some of the people dont even know and wait to buy gear on the webshop. Elyos do need a better lead/leads if you want it to strive. time we only had 10-14 people for sieges until we had to spam what the rewards are and what not, dont be lazy you guys have a good select few that ive seen. we have to teach alot of people how to run EB, get contribution at sieges, and all other. they still dont even know that blood mark is only a begining pvp set. and let the GM post a peak number of both factions during the day before we say there is a imbalance i want proof before accusations. If i can baby sit 20+ Asmos during siege im sure Elyos can too. Less QQ please, thanks!

14. alexander1st

Of course I know, I also know that running Danuar Mysticarium gives me ceras and that I can also craft them. I know of many ways of getting ceras that involve me spending 3 hours a day for max 10 ceras. While people are getting 50 in 30 minutes. Since there's already a huge inflow of cera medals into the game, at least make it possible for everyone and their playstyle and timezone to have access to them. :) That's my point. And possible in the same rate, so you can earn a good bunch every hour of grind or so.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
  15. Olivia

I told dem to put the player count on our website >.> what now?
    What do you mean possible for everyone? It's not the same with the "imbalance" and the "same rate with asmo have" that you are implying as of the moment. You guys need to work as a team and not as an individual. Nothing's going to happen if you stay on that mindset. Asmodians explains to every player what they have to get when they go to an instance and in return, they become interested. You guys should do the same.

I do not see why the faction is imbalance is a problem when elyos' problem is the pace of gearing up. I had my full BM gear in 2-3 weeks. If you're lazy enough to go quest, then it's not our problem anymore.

16. alexander1st

You somehow fail to understand me, badly. :D I meant same rate as EB (never said "same rate with asmo have" xD). EB gives 50 Ceras. I'm not talking specifically about the race imbalance. That is another issue. EBs are being run after 7-8PM EST. That would be 3+ AM for European players. While it is very easy to do EB with an alliance and advance with your gear, I find it that it would be a very big balancing improvement if there were also ways to get Ceranium medals through farming or grinding for players who CANT afford to go to EB due to lack of population (elyos case), or super different timezones.

I climbed my way to the top 10 on asmodians side just by farming and grinding my ap and what I need, but there is no way for me to advance with gearing as I will never be able to go to EB or attend sieges with this schedule. And as I've said before, this is nobody's fault that I chose to play on an NA players, but if you want to attract more players, making it able for everyone, regardless of their timezone, to farm ceranium medals (as it is so obvious that they are not a rarity in this server, since people will have 1500 after a month of running EB) also through elite farming and maybe adding it to eye chests (blue and above), increase rate in Sauro and OB and DM, would be a great idea. There are so many ways to balance things when it comes to this.

My point is, there is no way that adding the ability to grind for ceranium medals through other means will imbalance the server further, as EB's rate is already insane and as Pox stated, by the time they will be able to run EB, all asmo faction will be fully geared as well. :D Now you tell me if you think that is going to help with elyos numbers or what. :D

I don't know what you're talking about btw. :D I never mentioned not doing quests or being lazy. In 2 weeks I've already caught up to people who played 2 weeks prior, when it came to GP; I got my BM set to +10, my AC weapon, 2 more level 65 characters, but now I'm ready to move forward. I'm doing the work, grinding 2-3hrs a day and I feel like that should be rewarded so I can also advance with getting my AP gear. And elyos as well, and other players that are from Europe or other sides of the world with different timezones as well.

ps: Please dont be be arguing just for the sake of arguing if you dont have any proper arguments or counterarguments. While my suggestion is valid and I see no harm brought by it, I wouldn't want it to get lost in a debate thread that will lead nowhere.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
  17. ToughMuff

ToughMuff New Member

its called working for it, both factions are capable or running eb/ds/ob/sieges, just need to put in the effort. we did and now both sides are seeing the worth. alot of people from AA are on elyos side as well, they know the scoop, im sure they are capable.

18. katykat

Sure Elyos can probably run EB, IS, DS, DR etc as yes they do have enough level 65s to run these instances. But not enough players want to, I saw them trying for an hour yesterday to do a Sauro run, but no clerics logged in at the time, then finally they get a cleric than a DPS had to go, so back to recruiting. This game has always been about PvEing to PvP, which after 12 + years many people just don't want to PvE any more to do what they love of PvP. I like PvEing from time to time, but I hate the grind that has to be done to get that PvP armor. I do wish they had PvP quest or chance on a faction kill to get cera medal say from 1* and higher, the higher rank you can kill the more cera you can get.

So far since I swapped to elyos, it is clear they do not have a proper leader, someone asked and asked to do siege, but didn't set up an alliance as they thought "rank" mattered. Many of us should know that is not the case, does it make it easier maybe. I've lead sieges before as a rank 1, it comes down to communication and knowing what the fuck you are doing. Am I the best leader probably not, but I haven't led enough seiges to be the best. I just at least know enough to make it easier.

I'm still slowly leveling up, so I can catch up to where I was on asmo with my gathering and such, but as soon as I hit 65 I will be spaming instance runs, the stuff that at least can be done in the noob armor for DPS lol.

There is for sure an imbalance last night there were 84 asmos to 53 elyos, but I would be curious is how many of these numbers are alts afk just to get the tempers.

Noyah likes this.
  19. ToughMuff

ToughMuff New Member

i could understand that to a point, yes give daily cera quest like when was it? Levinshore had those 5 daily quest i can see that being a thing, but incentives for people not wanting to run stuff. I say Nay! lol i mean the other night ive seen at least a full eb alliance of elyos at Garren forest so numbers are potentially there. But on the side note, i am guilty of afking some alts for tempering solutions lol.

Either or, Elyos need to get involved with the faction or the game will become another dead server like Aion America. our usual sieges consist of Maybe 20-30 players, the rest are afk. At least from what i've seen when forming the alliances for UA/Kata/Danaria.

20. aVeryFatGuy

aVeryFatGuy Proficient

I don't know why you seem to think that saying something like "get involved with the faction" is something you can just do when you want. Half these elyos barely even speak english and refuse to use google translate. Most of them hardly even know the game to begin with. You can't organize people who don't want to get organized - trust me, we've been trying. It's easy to say that when you come from a faction where you have a full, if not almost full, EB alliance of people who speak english and basically came already organized with a plan and 5-10+ people. It's not hard to go to a location because someone linked PvP there; it's funny that you even compare this to an organized alliance doing PvE content.