1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Back to GamezAion? Maybe!

Discussion in 'GamezAION General Discussion' started by marianMMN, Dec 30, 2023.

1. Noyah

Noyah ᴜɴғᴏʀɢᴇᴛᴛᴀʙʟᴇ Staff Member Admin

Love it! Thank you (pray)
    Just saying, a very short body with very short legs and a huge head suits me better :pigeon:

2. Ethereal

Ethereal Legendary Member Forum Legend

Good to see you back... and in a shiny green color.

3. Noyah

Yes, my return brings a lot of positive changes and there will be an announcement soon.

4. Ethereal

Ethereal Legendary Member Forum Legend

Keep us posted. (peace)
    Edit: Forum Name Change available? @Noyah :angelic:

5. Noyah

Yes.

6. abednator2

abednator2 Proficient

xDD

7. ~VilletteSonia~

~VilletteSonia~ Forum Troll

wut! Noyah is back!

8. Georgie

Georgie Ḏɪ̭̜͓̜ͅs̪ᴛ̩̪͓ᴜ̬̖̗̬ʀ̻͚̖͎ʙ͉̜͓̖͙̼͖̳ᴇ̖̞̻ᴅ̻̞̫̘̫ͅ Forum Legend

I think I remember you.

You deserve it ‍

Not gone, Carl made good use of your money

I think it'll be a bit hard to bring this game back to life.
    I don't think it's Gamez, but the game AION, people moved onto bigger and better things.
    Could be completely wrong.

This place will always have a special place in my heart. I believe you started just after I've left. I hope you got to experience even 10% of what we created. It was an amazing community once upon a time and I've had the privilege to work / play / laugh / cry ... with some of the coolest people I've ever met in my life.

9. Noyah

Who knows.

Georgie likes this.
  10. Bits

Bits Resentful Forum Legend

Many people also spent money and why wouldn't they expect their account to be there? I still have my retail Aion account. I won't be returning and I don't blame anyone else that doesn't tbh.

Georgie likes this.
  11. Etnix

Etnix New Member

Because there is no rule preventing gamez from wiping if necessary :) Although I believe this will be the last time.

12. Ayvel

Ayvel ἔσσεται ἦμαρ Staff Member Head of Staff

When you spend money in a private server you know in advance that there might be a wipe at some point. It's a risk we all take. Wipes happen when the server reaches a dead end and needs a revival. Your money is "wasted" anyways if the server simply shuts down.
    Retail works differently. Private servers adjust to community demands that retail cannot offer.
    That is completely up to you. No one is forced to return. What you could do though, if you enjoyed your time in Gamez in the past, is give it a try and judge on your own if it is worth it. Maybe in time you will even want to spend money on your account again. Who knows! :p
    And in addition to all the above... @Etnix might be right! ;)

Kulasmith likes this.
  13. Marinsday

Marinsday .·• Thχ GαмєZ ♥ •·. Staff Member Trainee

On the Official, you sign a contract and they allow you to use a character on an account that is still their property, like when you use the company computer in an office, so you have to follow their rules because you are using a loan for use, which they are authorized to have access to modify and if necessary, reset. On a private server you are given access to the fun for free, and only you are the owner, as long as you respect the rules. They are called voluntary donations because there is no contract like on the Official where you pay to have something, the free donation is used to maintain the expenses of a private server, and the owner is not bound to give something in return, but it allows those who support the server to have advantages in remaining active. The preservation of the character is not contemplated as an advantage of those who donate, because if the server has a population of a certain level, or drastic changes are necessary, if it did not reset, new players would not know how to face pvp and even pve, let me tell you, because someone who is already at a high level with a previous equipment that supports instances with 3 friends, for what reason should bring along someone who is dressed with random items?! And, excuse me if I say it but, with the things implemented with the new patches on the official, it is very difficult for new players to start playing from 0.

The wipe is not a nice thing for anyone, but if it is necessary to give an extra boost to the game, it does not seem like such a big sacrifice to me. I speak as a person with 14 years of experience on this server, (just look at my server registration date) and it was traumatic for me too to lose what I had, but it was also my fault for not reading the email that told me they would reset, and it was not my right to know/be notified by the staff, therefore I accepted the courtesy that had been communicated to me and created a new account.

Kulasmith likes this.
  14. Georgie

Georgie Ḏɪ̭̜͓̜ͅs̪ᴛ̩̪͓ᴜ̬̖̗̬ʀ̻͚̖͎ʙ͉̜͓̖͙̼͖̳ᴇ̖̞̻ᴅ̻̞̫̘̫ͅ Forum Legend

What Bits is trying to say, is that, it's pretty sad how you have 20 staff members on and only 2 players.

When we used to play the game, we had like 10 staff and 300+ maybe even more players. We used to do 200 v 200 and 100 v 100 events.

Players left once the wipe happened. Why y'all acting like it's not true ?

Why you all feel the need to gang up on someone who's just stating the obvious.

Wipe - people left, that's it.
    Prome me wrong.

15. Ayvel

Ayvel ἔσσεται ἦμαρ Staff Member Head of Staff

People used to complain that there was no one here to reply to their questions so the purpose of having enough staff members is to help the community. There were times that people were being ignored because there was no one to help them. We are trying to build a strong staff group in order to be able to help the community.
    Yes, but even then the population didn't become 300+ overnight. Aion is an old game. Is it not as new as it was back then and it is normal that people are more hesitant to join. Our purpose is to bring back the fun to those who missed Aion. I see no point in comparing different times.
    We are not acting in any way other than trying to create a fun server for players who want to join! :)
    No one is ganging up on anyone. We are expressing opinions here. Staff members are here FOR the players, not against them. You completely misunderstood our intentions.
    :happy:

Kulasmith, Georgie and Alya like this.
  16. pandoras

pandoras Bananas in Pyjamas

man

Attached Files:

17. Kirnick

Kirnick ❤℘℧ℛℇ J☯✓3❤ Forum Legend

Marinsday, Gravity and Noyah like this.
  18. Chiacaroline

Chiacaroline しょくげき の

19. Dejova

Dejova New Member

We are back again!! Yeyy

20. Rcanz

Rcanz Zodiacs

Keep the server alive! Memories are still fresh! :)

Kulasmith likes this.