1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[Gladiator VS. Sorcerer] Guide For Gladiators

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by LordSuffer, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Sycth

Sycth Banned Forum Legend

I agree, i couldn't read the guide properly because of the capital letters.

Just my 2 cent

2. CakeBaker

CakeBaker Sports Enthusiast

guide to beat sorcs. Use a nice chain mresist set. When rooted, remember strengthen wings can unroot you, and it is SUPPOSED to make you unrootable again. also charge is SUPPOSED to speed up flight speed. Doing that, most sorcs won't be able to do much. you have snare also. With a mresist ABG chain set, sorcs will probably be resisted in the first shot, very few pop the buff when they see people. and that 1 resist is all you need to kill them ^^

3. Warrriorzzz

Warrriorzzz AuditionDanceBattle4ever Forum Legend

are you an idiot lord suffer? with instant cast theres no way your gay leap would even reach a pro sorc LOL, and lockdown doesnt stumble... if u have DP skill use the +atk +atkspeed buff and activate charge use dual swords and cast aerial lockdown thats the only hope you can beat a sorc LOL xD

4. CakeBaker

god no. explosion of rage is much more beneficial than the DP buff skills, Wrathful wave is good also. But explosion of rage is the way to go if you have DP.

ONCE AGAIN, STRENGTHEN WINGS BREAKS ROOTS. It also prevents future roots. So thats the skill to try and use. Chain mresist ABG makes it much easier, but you can catch them before they do any major harm (if they do not use their 1hr DP skill) without it using str wings and charge. Just knockemdown fast and keep em knocked down. Its easy once you reach them :3

5. Warrriorzzz

hell probably use illusion and its idiotic if u even try DP skilling that lol...anyways glads have no chance of winning against sorcs in a duel...

6. CakeBaker

only a few sorcs could beat me, and they played cheap ;(. In fact, those were the close matches. Do not generalize just because YOU can't win versus a sorc. It is possible and easy to do so :3

7. Warrriorzzz

lol i can beat the crap out of any sorcs as an assasin... and you srsly think u have any chance of winning against illusion(evades 2 patks?)? lol how do you counter this rotation?>>>> all cast time buffs--->sleepstorm, magma explosion, delayed blast---->curse of roots, aethers hold, flame spray, glacial shard, inferno NOW lets see if u can counter that u nub? now your acting high and mighty cause u beat nub sorcs? although that rotation is very common but that can beat the crap out of any glad -.- and dont tell me u can live in that rotation cause the more youll make urself look like a moron...

8. Prestige

Prestige Well-Known Member

So... Wintry Armor is not fixed yet eh? :smile:

9. CakeBaker

people for some reason call people "nubs" by their post counts -_-. First off, I would be using a chain mresist ABG set. Chances are all of that would bounce right off me. But suppose it didn't. As soon as sleep wears off, strengthen wings, charge, snare, leaping smash and depending on if your in the air or not, my skills would differ. Illusion is easy to cut through since you just need to use two quick casts before your combo ;)

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

fun pitfalls of the auto learn stigma system no? ;D

10. Warrriorzzz

wow and you srsly forget the +1k magical accu buff? with +1k magical accu it can pierce even with chain magical resist set, now.... u still insist that glads have any chance of winning? lolololol at when sleep wears off?DUDE u wont have the slightest chance of moving after sleep! cause root comes after with no cast time... what an idiot -.-

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

ok nvm this talk will be online in 2 hours bringing a sorc with only anuhart set and lets play this... whats ur IGN bake? ASMO btw...

11. CakeBaker

/sigh. please learn what each skill does. STRENGTHEN WINGS BREAKS ROOT. it also prevents any future ones from happening (this did not work earlier, it may be fixed now). Secondly, most sorcs do not cast the 1k macc buff randomly, but when they see a resist, they probably will. But thats when you capitalize on the resist. Of course, constantly dueling it will have them casting it before hand, but in PvP, its quite different (i've noticed easily that they do not buff right when they see an enemy, especially a gladi).

Trust me, I've tested the Glad class thoroughly with probably the best glad who used to play on this server (able to solo DP, 1 vs 6 parties w/o insignia, etc.), and I have also played it for a long time. My forum account is misleading, but I do know what I am talking about. And I have yet to be in a situation where fighting a sorc was "impossible"

12. Prestige

Prestige Well-Known Member

So your survivability is based on whether they cast supplement of focus or not -_-

[edit] well, this also includes a good sorc. that knows how to play his/her class

13. CakeBaker

doesn't matter if they do or not. If they don't, you could be talking on MSN and still beat the sorc. If they do, you just need to have good ping and know when to use which skills ^^

14. Warrriorzzz

i dont mean ROOT imean CURSE OF ROOTS DUH!?

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

and lols!!! where talkin about duelin!!!! here not pvping or YOU soloing DP!!!

15. CakeBaker

oh god, casting curse of roots that early? that'd be a fail strategy right there, but hey, glads have TWO survivability skills plus the 2 pots. take the damage (if sorc didnt use MA buff, curse of roots adds mresist, making you resist even more, fun fact :p), but you can survive through curse of roots easily. then do the rest. its honestly not that hard, to me sorcs aren't OP, especially with CC skills at 3 sec. Glad is the more OP class in my mind

16. ericband

ericband Legendary Member

AND WHAT ABOUT FOR TEMPLAR!???? :sick:

17. CakeBaker

not me, I was just giving measures on how well glads can be. its not easy to solo DP without pots as a glad. just trying to give you an idea of how good dai really was :3

18. Warrriorzzz

are you freakin retarded? curse+aethers hold=100%trigger rate with magic accu buff... and if ur stil alive lets just say which is near to impossible after takin delayed blast magma and 3 burst skills.... arcane thunerbolt, ice chain combo + frostbite+ soul freeze and theyd kite you to death...now lets see if your still alive in that rotation cake boy!

19. Vashlor

Vashlor Proficient

everytime i read brainpower posts, it always contain trash talk. is this guy still in right mind? i think he is not.. (just my observation :innocent:)

20. CakeBaker

20% from imp st, 50% from sec wind, 2 pots on constant rotation. I think a gladi could take around 30k damage easily without dying as long as no skill goes above his max hp. and I don't know the sorc skills down to the nail since I only play gladi, but from personal experience, I have been able to live past root of curses and kill them before they even cast aethers hold. But ofc, almost 70% of sorcs you fight here are idiots and don't cast their MA buff, and those that do have always had trouble killing me :3. Now sorcs aren't easy to kill, and maybe thats my problem in explaining this to you, but I do think that once armsfusion and extendables work, any decent gladi could wipe the floor with sorcs ;o