1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[Guide] Ranger when the Stigma System comes out.

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Lakhane, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Lakhane

Lakhane Expert

Rangers

[Manastones]

There are a couple builds that rangers use.

[Crit + Attack]
    Stack Crit +15s until you hit the soft cap (440) and go full attack.

[Crit + HP]
    Due to the fact that rangers have low health, it's better to have a good build up of hp. Rangers already have amazing burst damage without attack. The extra health usually makes up for the lack of attack.

[Crit + HP + Attack]
    You can always have a mix of both, stack crit until it hits the soft cap and socket hp until you have a decent amount and stack attack.

[Magic Resist + HP + Crit]
    Socket all crit +15 into a bow that is combined with another bow (or if weapon combination doesn't come out yet just stack crit into your bow) so that you get near or at the soft cap. Socket magic resist so you hit around 1500~1600 (this is for resisting basic stuff like ambush, throw dagger, sleep arrow, traps, and 30%+ of sorc skills if they have low magic accuracy). This most likely won't be a good build until magic resist is fully working as it is intended like in retail.

What rangers should not socket.
    -- Full crit so that they're way above 440 (Seen some rangers with 700+ crit)
    -- Full attack so that you don't have any crit (Rangers already have huge burst damage)
    -- Full HP (You need crit)

--------------------------------------------------
    [Stigmas]

[Heart Shot Build]
    -8 Slots-
    [Normal Stigmas]

• Breath Of Nature
    • Retreating Slash
    • Trap of Slowing
    • Focused Shots
    • Beastial Fury / Bow of Blessing (Depends on if you like keeping your range or not)

[Advanced Stigmas]
    • Gale Arrow
    • Speed of the wind
    • Heart Shot

[Hybrid]

-8 Slots-
    [Normal Stigmas]

• Trap of Slowing
    • Bow of Blessing
    • Focused Shots
    • Beastial Fury
    • Silence Arrow

[Advanced Stigmas]

• Explosion Arrow
    • Speed of the Wind
    • Sleep Arrow

Hybrid 2

-8 Slot-
    [Normal Stigmas]

• Beastial Fury
    • Focused Shots
    • Bow of Blessing
    • Breath of Nature
    • Retreating Slash

[Advanced Stigmas]

• Explosion Arrow
    • Gale Arrow
    • Silence Arrow

Lethal arrow is fucking stupid.

----------------------------------------
    As a ranger, you never want to be the 'tank'. If you stand still and try to burst a tank down in 1.9 (increase in block means mitigated damage) you won't get far. You always want to kite and move (which is why the Heart Shot build is the best build, since you can kite people.
    ----------------------------------------

Starting off against:

[Gladiator]
    Just do your best to keep your range and burst them as much as you can BUT don't use shock arrow. Wait until they use ankle snare to pop shock arrow\sleep arrow. This way they won't get near you and won't burst you down.

[Templar]
    Do not use beastial fury, in this case you want to keep in a range of 20m+ so that they can't inescapable judgment and stun lock you to death. Also, just like gladiators, keep your range and don't use shock arrow until they start casting divine justice. The moment you see divine justice, shock arrow\sleep arrow.

[Sorcerer]
    Start off by focused evading (this will be patched in 1.9 according to the gms) so you'll be able to resist sleeps. All you have to do is silence them and burst them down. If they use illusion first, either run from them and keep your 26m+ distance or shoot them twice and start off with stunning shot to get that stun off, rupture arrow for the knock back, then silence arrow them. Burst 'em down after.

[Spiritmaster]
    Go in hide so that they can't insta-fear you and get as close as possible. Be careful though! They have aoes such as fear shriek and sandblaster. Do your best to keep them silenced and burst them down as quickly as possible. Keep in mind that if they cast fear shriek or fear, you can interrupt by silencing, stunning, sleeping, or focused evading.

[Ranger]
    Do they pop beastial fury? Check. If they have beastial fury on, run away and turn your beastial fury off. Beastial reduces your range to 10m (some skills like stunning shot can go up to 20m). Burst them down while they have beastial on, they can't hit you at all. Just keep in mind to keep your range.

[Sin]
    Hide 2? Shadow Walk? -- Click on yourself and spam storm arrows (if they're in the air). If you're dueling, pop all seeing eye or pop trap of slowing right where they are to pop them out (you can see them for a few seconds while their hide is taking effect). They also have focused evasion so keep in mind that you cannot just use your initial skill recklessly. Do they have aethertwisting\spelldodging? Sleep arrow won't work.

[Cleric]
    Best thing to do is to go into hide (they don't have aoes) and get that one silence off first. Then to chain stun them. Clerics are relatively easy when it comes to bursting down, shouldn't encounter any problems.

[Chanter]
    Don't get stun locked. Chanters usually start off with inescapable judgment to get that initial stun off, so do your best to time your focused evasion right and evade it. When it comes to your burst damage, just get that initial stunning shot, heart shot, gale arrow, silence arrow, etc. Make sure they don't get close to you as they have more than one stunning skill.

-----------------------------------------------------
    Hope my guide as helped.

P.S. When healing potions (altered state cures) work, don't even try placing a sandstorm trap down. It won't work. :)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
    7 people like this.
  2. tyman

tyman Well-Known Member

great guide, though it hasnt been confirmed that the stigma system is going to be implemented,

1 person likes this.
  3. Lakhane

Lakhane Expert

If it doesn't come out, it's just going to become unballanced and I'd prob quit.

4. Rg9400

Rg9400 Banned

If it not, here is the strategy for ANY class....you see a sorc, and run the other way rofl -.-. But honestly, very nice guide. Would love to see a stigma guide for glads since I still am having problems with them xD.

1 person likes this.
  5. tyman

tyman Well-Known Member

lol thats true, on crystal, a friend of mine showed me a spell he got at lv 51 or 52, it was an instant cast that hit for 2.5k.

on a side note, the stigma system probably isnt going to be rdy by the 21st, the quest to unlock the first adv stigma isnt working yet, so unless chlora can make it so you dont auto learn skill and he finds out how he can unlock all adv stigma slots then the stigmas arnt going to be rdy.

6. Chantix&Assantix

Chantix&Assantix Well-Known Member

Thanks for this nice guide! :3

7. kecimis

kecimis Proficient Forum Legend

Problem is not unlocking the stigma slots through quests, you could just write simple code that would set all those quests done upon relog, when met lvl requiments. The bigger problem is those slots itself doesnt work, we might be able to unlock 3 adv stigma, but I highly doubt all 5 adv stigma will be unlocked and usable any soon.

8. Lakhane

Lakhane Expert

Should I make more guides?

9. Lakhane

Lakhane Expert

Added custom aion armory stigma calculator links.
    Added Hybrid #2
    Cleaned it up a little bit.

10. Yoohooo

Yoohooo New Member

Lakhane you should also talk about weaving! Weaving does wounders for rangers...

So lemme get your opinon on this:

ATM im 470Crit 470ATK 9.2kHP I have 1382MR atm with my gear I'm thinking about dropping to 440-445 Crit 455-460 ATK and try get my MR up to 1470-1500 ish to resist ankle snare and what not...BUT i dont wanna drop below 8.6k HP

I have full ABG Leather+15 and Accessories... except for belt havnt upgraded that frm DP belt yet...

I have no problem bursting down opponents and surving when its 3v1 as long as its not a 2 Plate armors im agaisnt lol

11. Dusti

Dusti New Member

thx for guide :w00t:

12. Jessica

Jessica Banned Forum Legend

what does soft cap mean? oh thanks in advance i think i should remove some manastone crit on my gears coz i have like 600+ crit i think.

13. rhyndldonnel

rhyndldonnel New Member

Hey I owe you a lot of Thanks Dude!

14. Excessivez

Excessivez New Member

So is the STIGMA system working atm?

15. Vaugn

Vaugn Respected Member

nope.. no stigma on gamez.. all skills are learn through //givemissingskills

16. Monolith

Monolith Getting there

Sometimes having more than 440 crit (softcap) will improve of getting your enemy KD (knockdown) .... try to pvp a temp with a 440 crit then with 500 or 550 or 600 crit.. Observe how many KD you will get.... kindly post the result so we may know.. TY

17. Rucbeth

Rucbeth Expert

Passive crit knockdown.etc isnt working ...

18. Monolith

Monolith Getting there

ok tnxs for the info... I thought it also work here like in the other server. cheers ^^

19. Mystysnow

Mystysnow Proficient

I really love this post. I keep on reading and mem0rizing. XD
    but im c0nfuse, the soft cap is 440? Not 540? Is the 440 without scroll buffs like crit+90 and food: crit+50?

1 person likes this.
  20. Vaugn

Vaugn Respected Member

I hope they'll satisfy you..