1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Game Masters

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by hexadecimal, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Teilak

Teilak Banned

Well first, whenever you see a hacker/bug abuser in game you should screenshot/fraps them then post a topic in the Reports section which is here this is alot easier than bugging a gm in game about your problem.

More people should understand that.

And you cant follow a simple rule about the signatures on this site. o.o

2. tyman

tyman Well-Known Member

Yeah, i would say our pay isnt that high b/c we dont get ANY money at all, zip zero.

And we dont need pay.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  3. hexadecimal

hexadecimal New Member

You guys should seriously consider me as a GM, i am available nearly 24/7

Aswell as experienced.

OFC i wouldn't go on and abuse my gm powers.

4. tyman

tyman Well-Known Member

well, ur only 1 post away from actually being considered

5. ogichi101

ogichi101 Proficient

That made me giggle :)

6. hexadecimal

hexadecimal New Member

1 post away? Look carefuly this is my 12th :D

7. Homicide

Homicide Predatory Templario! Forum Legend

i ever say its 12 vs 12, i keep the first 12. its all, but u need know if im busy into an event and you report tome a hack D: i need finish my event first cus i start it first.

Trust

8. hexadecimal

hexadecimal New Member

I was PMing you after you declared Asmo's as winner.

9. Homicide

Homicide Predatory Templario! Forum Legend

remember i was do 2 event, and now in 5mins i will start other, so u can report a hack now. if itsnot bem banned. because i ban a guy after the event. i kep him.

10. Dasar

Dasar Gamez - Siel Forum Legend

im sorry but all i can do at the moment is LOL at this thread. moving on.......:whistling:

11. Candyman

Candyman Expert

Must be jus you then every time ive pm'ed one they've always replied back whether it be ingame or here on forums via private message.

12. Nicholas Mercer

Nicholas Mercer Getting there

In all due honesty, I don't know what you're talking about.

This place has a good running GM population, and things are running fine as they are. People usually have very wrong conceptions of what a GameMaster is required for, and moreso, what he's supposed to do and what not.

A gm's, or admins job in general is not to give you Dyes, help you dyeing your material, answer your questions if you can find those things out on your own using google, etc.

In the end, their main job is to make sure the server is running fine, and the rules are upheld, and to inform you of anything that has been altered from the base Aion material, so that you can find your own way. However, considering this server is like a 100 percent copy of Aion retail with higher rates, you can find everything on your own quite easily when you use google or any of the created Aion database sites.

Regarding your 'complaints' at hand. Did it ever occur to you that Siel, the main server, runs 3,000 + Online members? Managing such a crowd with 5-10 active people entirely is close to impossible. You're not a special snowflake that the world revolves around. While Lumiel itself is rather new and only features a 1/10'th as big size, there's only 1-2 active GM's around it usually, which is still a handfull for only 1-2 people. They tell you to post your hacking material on the forums because that way they can easily review and investigate upon it when they're free and they have time.

This advice goes to everyone. No matter the community, do NOT view your administrators/GM's as your personal working horses, and definitely don't think that they're required to help you. This is a game, and games are meant to be fun, even if you occupy an official position in a game. Nobody wants to return from work to work some more at home.

Also. The tune makes the melody. The way you PM or approach a GM is usually 80 percent of the issue. If you go

'I want help, now, somebody is hacking here and I want them banned', with an all demanding, annoying way, you're outright to be ignored.

If you however pm a GM going: 'Sorry for the incovenience, but I've just caught a hacker, might helping out?' You're out to receive a quicker answer on the letter, simply because it's not a demand, it's a request. Which is generally the only thing you're entitled to do. you don't demand help, you request it.

1 person likes this.
  13. Sanctus

Sanctus Banned

It's never as bad as everyone makes it out to be. The GM team does fine considering the tools we have access too. People aren't happy sometimes because they do not get instant satisfaction. The sad truth is, I can't do more than 1 trade at a time. I cannot investigate more than one hacker at a time, and I cannot answer more than one question at a time.

Sometimes, by the time i get to someone, they've already raged, and logged out. However the people who are patient get the help they want.

Remember, we dont get paid, and we dont ask for anything. We do this out of passion.

1 person likes this.
  14. Vaugn

Vaugn Respected Member

Very well said Nicholas Mercer. Bravo~

15. Facesmash

Facesmash Proficient

ok first of all... ive been gm on enzura as i will become on again since it reopened, dont want to make any advertisement here btw. BUT Gm's arent gods, what would you do if there would be some weird guy spamming u down with dye questions and he doesnt care what ur saying cuz he might just dont understand u? sure that sometimes gms dont reply, 2nd there are like Dozens of ppl online and im pretty sure 10% of them wants something the whole time. + Gm is also in some weird town sometimes talking with ppl. Gm's arent walking around the whole time searching for hackers and dupers and such that would be a pain to do this cuz there are way 2 much places where u can kill some1 of the other race. 3rd Gms arent ever active just because they are online. soz if i already said it but its the truth. dont tell me your the whole time playing while u are just online. what about stalling or just chilling somewhere with dude's?
    a GM has a pretty high stress pressure since they often get spammed with things they 1 dont understand or cant help out because they dont have the privileges. If you got probs with a hacker and u caught him just make a damn post on the forum, the section hasnt been created for nothing. Theres also a Thread for Flight abusers and such if u might have noticed that. You should be happy to have atleast Gm's online to support. and just because you didnt got supported a few times ur raging.. honestly there are 100 ppl asking for support and u were unlucky that u were 1 of the guy that didnt got it due to the high amount of pms or just afking . Soz if i might come over Raging or Harassing but its the truth