1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[Tips Needed] Ranger

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Volt, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Volt

Volt Proficient

1st. Skill cast sequence. In duels against other rangers, I almost always lose (yes they have all the pots, scrolls & food and I don't). But what is a recommended skill sequence?

2nd. Air PvP in Abyss. I got to 3-Stars Officer fairly easily with some donation gears and staying behind tanking classes and just shooting. But in solo fights I don't do really well, any tips?

3rd. Stigmas. What are they for if we auto learn everything?

4th. Attack speed. Besides the scrolls & gears is there any other ways to improve it? I'm using EAT set; there's a ranger skill that speed up attack speed but when u get hurt u also get stunned, so I don't really wanna use that skill. I've seen many rangers dishing out skills very quickly, is the 9% atk speed scroll really worth it?

Any other suggestions, tips on using skills would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. Frenemy

Frenemy Banned

Answers:

1. Buy or craft scrolls. Buffs, scrolls and food are MUST if u want to beat the opponent. Otherwise always spam Fury+Mau Form(-DP skill-).

2. Always use Hunter's Eye. Make it ur best friend and even at bae in abyss have it up. Use scrolls/buffs/food to have the max speed atk and stay in hide.
    Try to avoid classes like Gladis/Templas if they are full geared with ABG/EAT gears while u are not.

Make a radar to detect the enemies: make a new Chat Tab>Tab Options>Combat of Enemies> Click all options

3. Stigma not working yet.

4. Yes, scrolls help alot but also use Fury and Mau Form(-DP skill-) to have ur speed boosted :D

~'~.~'~

- Ranger are not tankers, remeber this. In a fingt vs party u can kill 1 or 2 till u run out of hp. U hit, kill and run if there are many enemies.

- Use pots to heal, Jelly for ur DP bar, scolls for speed and food for crit boost.

- Always use silence on cast classes/ stun or sleep on melee classes before ur atk.

- Try to keep safe distance from melee classes.

- Always use ur Hunter's Eye. ALWAYS. Period~

Coz Ima not a Pro, I'll let other to speak xD

3. Revoultion

Revoultion Well-Known Member

Well, as a ranger and a sin especially you need to have a proper ping.
    besides from skills and pots which you easily get, if you have the ping you will do better.

4. Frenemy

Frenemy Banned

I was right to have the feeling that I was missing something in my reply :lol:

5. Volt

Volt Proficient

That's what I don't like about duels. Everyone has buffs from scrolls/food/potion. >_>

6. beastxrambo

beastxrambo Expert

[​IMG]

Link if you need to zoom in:
    http://i352.photobucket.com/albums/r350/jordan12346/Aion0000-1.jpg

Ignore the third row. You can do whatever you want with it but I would put all my buffs in 1 row. It will make it alot easier.

Tips: IMO I find clicking easier to do as a ranger because kiting is essential to being a good ranger. You need the wasdqe all those keyboard stuff to move so yeah. Also, I went full crit +17 build. You can do full crit +15 if you cant afford the 17s. I basically got to 1k crit which is about 75% crit chance. I didnt need to use attack speed scrolls but I did need to use crit scrolls and calydon meat dumplings. I had full eat with archon tribunus accessories and abg bow. I was BEASTIN. Now I have full ABG corondum accessories and Im beastin even more.

Hope this helps ;)

7. Frenemy

Frenemy Banned

Someone is using macros :D

8. beastxrambo

beastxrambo Expert

that was actually just for a shout to trade something. It was awhile ago. but it is removed now ;p

9. Frenemy

Frenemy Banned

Heh I was using macros during lvling ^^

10. Volt

Volt Proficient

Full crit?! Did u think it served you better instead of having 440-480 Crit + Attack?
    I move with WSAD and I binded QE to skills. I do click on my skills when chasing/running, other than that all skills except buffs are binded.
    I find Remove Shock very hard to use correctly, I always jump to use it immediately once I get stunned; next time I see, I get stunned again and I can't do anything. >_> Death usually follows.

11. Frenemy

Frenemy Banned

get like 540crit or 500crit and the rest u get from food/scrolls

Critical rate is more important than atk but u must have atk as well around 500 :D

12. Buttsex

Buttsex Proficient

Pretty useful info people kept telling me to stop socketing crit at 350, I guess ill go up to 500ish then with a fenris set. I think fenris is a good option for people who cant get pimped out gear like yours. Because a whole fenris set costs 2500 credit whereas 1 peice of abg costs 2000. Think it would be a good set to have while I work on EAT or ABG?

Curently I have a +12 Taha Bow and anu armor

My plan was get fenris set first
    in the mean time get lvl 30 abyss jewlery since I cant do anything with my AP anyways?

Then work on getting ABG bow

Then get ABG jewlery

Then Top it off with ABG gear like in a few months lol

13. Prestige

Prestige Well-Known Member

Fenris/Miragents is good, but the main goal for any starting ranger is to maximize their attack which means getting the PvP weapon and accessories as a priority.

Buffs: Bestial Fury (pick and choose with Focused Shot and Hunter's Eye), SotW, Arrow Flurry, BoB

Scrolls are courage (atk speed) and crit scrolls. Your 3 instants are gale, heart, entangling and they should be used together. Stunning shot is your best friend; for rangers theres two ways of winning a duel. The better but harder way is pre-cast FE and then use gale arrow to take off their FE (since 99% of the rangers precast FE -_-) and then use Stunning shot and follow with Lightning Arrow and Agonizing and Unerring (but the main goal is to kill the ranger before he/she kills you). The second and easier way is just to go with Stunning Shot, Lightning Arrow, then you can use Agonizing, Unerring, and your other high dmg skills.

14. Buttsex

Buttsex Proficient

By maximizing attack do you mean slotting atk or doing what raiken said and going crit? The reason why I was going to hold off on the ABG weapon was because right now its not really useful compared to the EAT bow

15. Vaugn

Vaugn Respected Member

nice thread ^^, I would like to help but i think they can teach you enough ..

16. Prestige

I think I made it so that with food and scrolls, I had 550 crit and then SotW would give me 650 crit. Then rest into ATK

17. Buttsex

Buttsex Proficient

Ah...I see ok also in his picute of his skill setup I only have shacklearrow 2

And I dont have his #6 skill

I did //givemissingskills

Im asmo are they only elyos skills?

18. Volt

Volt Proficient

I believe the Asmo equivalent of that skill is Deadly Arrow.

Prestige would you mind writing our the full names of the abbreviations? I don't know what they are.

I reorganized my casting sequence and I feel slightly better now. I now do Stunning Arrow --> Silencing Arrow --> DMG spells --> Lightning Arrow --> ETC.

I bought the 9% atk speed scrolls and it does make a difference when used together with Beastial Fury. After pvping for a few hours in abyss (dropping to Rank 1 and climbing back to 3 Stars) I realized Beastial Fury is [overall] a better choice than Strong Shots or Focused Shots. Also I really had to keep Hunter's Eyes and Hide 1 on. Whenever I have to rest in any spot, I setup Sandstorm/Snare traps around myself just to be really safe.

That being said I still lose most of the time in duels; same thing if it was in a 1v1 situation against another ranger. To me, whoever attacks 1st wins. I'm practising to wait for a few seconds before I use Remove Shock but sometimes I die so fast. Other times I used it too early and it doesn't save me.

Lastly, PING can be a big problem >_>. I have 200ms+ and tried the PING fix tool posted on forums and now I fluctuate between 50MS - 200MS.

Oh, I also give up trying to kill a Templar if it's a 1v1 chase [Assuming equally geared]. When running away from hordes of Elyos/Asmos, it's also useful to put on Focused Evasion. Sometimes it can be a life saver if you dodged an immobilizing/stunning attack.

Edit: Arrow Flurry will make you stunned if you get hit during it's effective buff period, right?

19. Prestige

No, Arrow Flurry is bugged, so you won't get stunned if you get hit. Let me see, I'm on my mac right now so I can't pull up my character or anything but... there is three skills with the same cd right? Bestial Fury and Focused Shot and Hunter's Eyes. You should always pick and choose 2 out of the 3 depending on the situation you're in. Focused Shot is actually really good and it drastically increases my attack. Bestial is... pretty much a must have since it's bugged (does not reduce distance). You have two defensive buffs... Nature's Resolve and Focused Evasion. Rangers should always use them at all times whenever they feel like they are about to get hit. You can also hide (Temps/Glads can't detect for example, unless you run into their AoE) and you would be able to get the first attack.

Also, Strong Shots is useless. Just don't bother with that skill haha. Silence arrow should be used rarely on rangers, since it ONLY disables Sleep Arrow, and buffs (also Focused Evasion). When dueling a ranger, unless you know they will sleep you, just go with Stunning Shot, Lightning Arrow, Agonizing, and etc. (or you can use the Gale arrow combo). Silence is great for Glad (disables their healing skill... Second Wind), Temps (healing and buffs--an unsilenced temp is very hard to kill!), Sorcs (although illusion might block it), and SMs (100% win!), and Clerics... Chanters sometimes if you want to prevent them from healing.

20. FuRiouS

FuRiouS Legendary Member

I never understood why rangers put +crit stones in their weapon/armor, full DP gear + food + scroll you get over the cap same with full EAT or ABG so best to go all out +5 attack stones. Sure you can go over crit cap but the crit % diminishes so much after 540 its pointless.