1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Regarding the new item.pak.

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Alente, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Alente

Alente Legend Forum Legend

Good morning folks, as you are all no doubt aware we have released a new item.pak file which permits dying/remodeling/account warehouse transfers however it does not permit the trading of certain gear - ABG & EAT in particular.

This is infact not the item.pak but a serverside configuration and judging by some of you you're not too amused so I'd like to explain our motivations behind it.

This change in gameplay was targeted primarily at several groups of people, first off...

Scammers: Scammers were becoming a major problem ingame trying to con people out of billions of kinah by making them give the kinah first. This however was not our major concern and personally was moreso user naivety than anything.

Pseudo-Duping: Now this is where scamming got underhanded, there is a method currently that allows people to almost dupe gear. It can be traded and for all intents and purposes looks like real gear. The second you log out however the database goes "oh hang on a tick..." and the gear vanishes.

This created a major problem for both staff and players as you never really knew what gear was legit and what wasn't until you closed your client. It also created a massive workload for GMs trying to investigate it all and supervise trades.

Vote Abusers: Users who abused the vote system and proxies to deck themselves out in gear. Needless to say this devalues Credits as a currency and does cause us some concerns for maintaining the server's costs.

Chargeback Abusers: These are people who would donate for credits, get the gear and then trade it for other gear or kinah. Once they did the trade they'd move their new kinah/gear onto a new character and then initiate a paypal chargeback.

Doing so resulted in the immediate banning of their account but also the deletion of the items they purchased which means some poor innocent sod somewhere just had their sparkly new gear vanish into the aether.

Not only that but people abusing this bug make it a tad more difficult for us to keep our paypal accounts open which threatens our ability to ensure the server is paid for every month and doesn't just vanish into nothing one day.

I understand some of you are inconvenienced by this change or feel hard-done by however at the end of the day we had to make a call to ensure you even had a server to play on. On a realm as big as Gamez the concerns multiple 100-fold and could simply not be disregarded.

If you do not have the new item.pak file it is available here although a more detailed guide is available here.

Thank you for your understanding, I'll be happy to field any questions that I can.

Known Bug List:

• Anuhart Armor is not trade-able. - Will try have that fixed by next update, you will not need to download another new item.pak.

Regards,
    Alente - GamezNetwork Community Manager.

43 people like this.
  2. Kiwi

Kiwi Old Player (2010)

I understand now =)

3. Angal

Angal [AM]Karissa's Evil Kitty

Knowledge is power.

4. Selik

Selik Hero of Justice. Forum Legend

The more you know!

5. Hefner

Hefner Banned

Yeah, ABG is pretty much donation only now. Sucks. Donation only stuff should not exist!!!

4 people like this.
  6. Silviaspeck

Silviaspeck Proficient

So... how about able to do a 1 time trade-in, IE. ABG Leather set to ABG Plate set or ABG Sword to ABG bow through the GM per account?

So that many of us who are stuck with gears that are no use to us because we wanted to try out a class, are now STUCK to that class....

7. Zee

Zee Banned

Makes sense ~ My only problem with the new item pak still remains... I can't give back the EAT set to my brother x_x"

8. CakeBaker

CakeBaker Sports Enthusiast

good idea, now all you have to do is revamp and fix up the cash shop ;P

1 person likes this.
  9. Jessica

Jessica Guest

my brother cant give back my wings belt and helm><

he sent it to me before server down to update 2.0. but it rolled back.

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

I believe that this thread was more detailed(so that t'would be understood thoroughly by others)

But the first thread alente made was already convincing of the purpose of blocking abg/eat trades.

10. Interminable

Interminable Proficient

We understand this Alente but you did not notify the community at least a week in advance before you made this decision. We were not prepared , now a ton of us have abg /eat that is not ours and is borrowed. People who did donate lose their gear if the lent it. Cant you give us some time of grace period to retrieve our gear?

2 people like this.
  11. Stacked

Stacked The Original God Glad Forum Legend

The only problem I have with this is there was no warning before hand. Nothing was told to us that this was going to happen. I think something needs to be done about the people with stuck gear on the wrong accounts. Had there been some sort of early warning people would have been able to fix this, but since you decided to ninja this stupid update in, you screwed over hundreds of people.

12. Zee

Zee Banned

As Stacked said ~ the idea is fine to get rid of scammers/dupers like this but a warning would have come handy ~

13. Interminable

Interminable Proficient

Yeah pretty much this. Something like a week of trading or certain days for a certain amount of time to trade untradables. The thing is , on these types of changes, we should be told before hand to be prepared.

14. brainpower

brainpower Banned

this ...

15. ♥ LeLiah ♥

♥ LeLiah ♥ Tag Your It! Forum Legend

:w00t:thanks for clearing it up for everyone alente....i like the whole deal with this nontradeable for certain items....to prevent scams and dupes^^ :surprised:NO MORE SCAMMERS AND DUPPERS! WEEEE! MORE POWER TO THAT!.....since it was their fault to begin with that resulted to this.... :tongue: thanks again and keep doing your best! MORE! I WANT MORE MORE MORE MORE Improvements:w00t: and fixes!:rightful:

And Please help our fellow Asmos out to make it fair to not have the diety skills/transforms working only for one race...but to completly remove it for both like mentioned^^

:smile:Thanks

16. beastxrambo

beastxrambo Expert

alente will there be an item.pak later that lets you trade with other people?

17. Ally

Ally Well-Known Member

-_-

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

2 people like this.
  18. Zee

Zee Banned

TrollR QQ Luv ya Ally :p

1 person likes this.
  19. Warrriorzzz

Warrriorzzz AuditionDanceBattle4ever Forum Legend

more than the stupid gear untradables..... how about fixing major bugs and giving us the best gameplay wed ever get? ^^

20. Alente

Alente Legend Forum Legend

The item.pak does allow for all trades however it's disabled serverside.

To answer those asking about a warning I agree a warning would have been good, good heavens I even agree a brief trade period would be good.

Having said that anything which gives a heads up to those who aren't up to dodgy dealings also warms those who are. Especially the chargeback happy people which could easily cause us issues at this time in the month.

Our hands really are tied here =/