1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

When will Rangers stop being favoured?

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Diavol GR, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Eiriz

Eiriz Proficient

what i notice in 2.0 is abg user have tonz of hp, it's hard to combo them to death in one go.
    i myself can feel the diff in HP boost(my ass went from 8.3k -> 10,1k , full abg , 12,3k when buffed).
    in 1.9 with my squishy hp and squishy def, i'll die 80% of the time if an archer ambush me.
    but in 2.0 i got a lot of hp boost and i hear ppl say the eva cap is inc so, almost most(60~70%) of the time an archer ambush me i still have life left to use pot and use ambush on them + stun lock.

i myself having a hard time killing abg glad with stunlock in 2.0(14,2k hp if buffed o_O). i stay away from temp in 2.0 lol, just can't stun them :D.

2. PetromaniaC

PetromaniaC Banned

We are sadly playing in a corrupt-in-a-way staff ...
    prove to me they are not before you quote this and say bullsh** about it , okay?

@Prestige 4-6k from a templar? No offence but u must be noob , because a person with abg CAN'T take so much damage from 1 hit, no matter what his class is :/

3. Vaugn

Vaugn Respected Member

6k dmg? maybe that's a hack o_O

4. LordSuffer

LordSuffer Expert

Q.Q on this, even a Wall of Steel that is to Parry the 12 physicall attacks, how come it inflicted 2k critical damage? Even when you say its critical, still its a physical attack.. And parry mostly goes 450 below.. Amft =/ useless ABG after all eh?? Really wide range of free spam shooting? 40m - 55m if so damn done=/

poor Plate ABG's , no Use for an OP ranger skills..

5. Diavol GR

Diavol GR Legendary Member

Finally someone understands what im trying to say! =.=

6. Prestige

Prestige Well-Known Member

No I don't have ABG, and templar and gladiator hit a lot harder then they normally do WITH the addition of UD, makes them a lot more OP than rangers.

On the other hand, rangers are the only ones that can effectively snipe from afar and just because they CAN kill you doesn't mean that they are OP.

Like should I be complaining that if I get aerialed or even if the sorc gets the first hit, I'm basically dead? That's the same concept. Sure rangers can go into hide and ambush you (and if a sin did that, on ground, you'd be dead too), but sorcs only need the first hit and then you're basically dead.

Also, I was not saying rangers need to get nerfed, it's just that they have already been getting their skills fixed and got much weaker than 1.9. I'm not gonna sit here and have everyone say oh rangers are lame and they need to be fixed because they do too much damage. That, is bs.

7. Diavol GR

Well prestige is from the Few good rangers bro :p
    6K dmg tho is insane..i dont think any templar can do that dmg atm. break power doesnt work properly for that to happen D:

4K dmg MAX is ok for an abg templar

Lets not forget you are using Miragent prestige ;/
    According to what you said to another thread i mean

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Gladis do crit too much mate. But templars have a skill that already should hit double that much

8. NubCake

NubCake Proficient

If any class is OP, that's Gladiators, not Rangers, Gladis are the most OP and after them are Rangers

9. nenji01

nenji01 New Member

rangers overpowered ? lol

then what are gladis? they have more aoes than rangers
    higher def/hp
    UD
    WOS
    more running speed
    same range in skills

so how is rangers the most overpowered?

10. Diavol GR

You can Hide , Buff from hide , Sleep/Silence/Use Sandstorm from hide (without breaking it)/You run faster than gladi ( you have the bugged worg transform+mau). your Skills overcome gladis defence and WOS cause your dmg went up.

Want more?

11. Beastie

Beastie Banned

glads dont have the running speed boost anymore that bug was "fixed"

and go look at the leaderboards then come back and say with a straight face that rangers aren't OPed

12. Eiriz

Eiriz Proficient

i srsly don't think ranger is op in any way.
    it's a class made to kill.
    it got awesome dmg, but it'll die in a blink.
    what's the diff between sorc and ranger?
    they're both glass canon(physica/magical).
    and if u guys say that, "but sorc got cast time".

if sorc got no casttime with their amazing glacial shard and other flam skill which i can't remember the name that gives serious dmg, i'd say "i'd rather play pac-man".
    sorc aren't made for front lines anyway?

and as for temp, u'r a tank. yes u'r a tank, that's it.
    ncsoft made u with a mindset of the great wall of china, not the almighty excalibur.
    so stop saying "WHYYYY?" temp can't kill <insert class> efficienly.
    u can still kill, but not as efficient as glad/ranger/sorc/ass.
    and as for dyinng without a buff. dude 4k def won't make u invincible(aion def calculation sux 4k def = 400 dmg reduction). u'r power lies in u'r def skill.

i'm saying is , every class has it benefit.

but yeah a bug like hide is quite annoying lol (thou i'm enjoying it as a sin :p)

13. NubCake

NubCake Proficient

How come i run slower then Gladis then? o.o

14. Eiriz

Eiriz Proficient

@nubcake , alente fix it today.

15. Beastie

Beastie Banned

it was fixed last night as I had the same speed as nonglads when I went raiding, if you ran slower than them despite that it could be because they were using speed scrolls and you weren't

16. nenji01

nenji01 New Member

the leaderboards just means that the top guys have gone a lot to abyss/rifitng/hunting asmos and for rangers is normal to go alone hunting as for gladis u have to wait and form a workin party cuz u cant hide and ambush ur targets

thats all it means

but in a real pvp gladi vs ranger(ranger not being transformed into mau) not every pvp the ranger has to be using DP like u guys asume.... then the gladi will win

assuming both have the same gear

how can u stop a gladi on UD? only sleep and traps .... what happens if ur sleep is on CD? ur dead

u cant even kite them since they will outrun u and outdmg u and stun you...

every ranger now without been transformed into mau has a 1.0 atk speed MAX cuz once u use flurry ull get stunned so it has become a useless skill to hunt...

im pretty sure a LOT of classes can atk faster than 1.0

so i dont see how rangers are OP at all... infact they are if anything NERFED compared to 1.9

17. Beastie

Beastie Banned

they may not be "uber OPed" but they are definitely not nerfed, and I have no problems killing rangers without UD, you just need to know how to play, and rangers are the class that benefit the most from their skills being bugged as well

and glads cant outrun rangers nemore which is fair, but rangers shouldnt be able to have a speed advantage where they can just kite the other classes such as glads and temps

18. nenji01

nenji01 New Member

yes they should......

19. Beastie

Beastie Banned

no they shouldn't

even if it makes sense "realitywise" it would probably destroy ground pvp as a lot of melee classes will just say **** it and go only pvp in abyss and heiron/belusan where EVERYONE has the same speed

20. Lies.

Lies. Proficient