1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

When will Rangers stop being favoured?

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Diavol GR, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Beastie

Beastie Banned

I counted about 13 people in total who were NOT rangers, while I agree that rangers are a killing class, but I think this might be a tad too much

2. Prestige

Prestige Well-Known Member

It's just because we have range and we are able to do fast, burst damage. That's really it.

For example, I am in a party of 6. I see a stray person running around so I am able to get the first hit (since I AM a ranger you know) and then do more damage before my party even gets to the person

3. Beastie

Beastie Banned

ya and I hate grping with you, hanja, and Oplays ranger for precisely that reason lol

its because of features like that rangers dont need a speed boost like some people are asking for because they already KS the melee classes a shitton as it is,

as a melee class its no fun seeing an enemy group up ahead, active your buffs and get ready to rock and roll only to not get any real action because by the time you get there the rangers have already killed most of them and the surivors are getting the hell out

4. ciufpuf

ciufpuf Attention Whore! Forum Legend

@Diavol GR don't forget that we haven't dedicated developers..and yes Alente is working on the server issues and doing the dev now but i doubt he's a pro dev and he probably just copy and paste from AL..so don't expect so much from Gamez..

5. Emb

Emb Proficient

sexers :/ they have 1.9 stats so they hit just as high as they did before, if you hit too many evades then try using accuracy cuz templars have shit accuracy out of all the melee classes xP, sins can also do anything while hidden as well.. also only damage debuffs hide :/ it's been like that for a long time now.. you say ranger skills aren't bugged? well retreating slash for starters, if your reffering to abg rangers evading hits, we fought at the start of 2.0 when my stats got OP but they all went 1.9 i even tried the evasion manastone build for the heck of it and no it isn't successful at all anymore..

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  6. PetromaniaC

PetromaniaC Banned

eww , i didn't mean it as an insult xD
    i know u are a good player.. but i thought u were taking 6k dmg while wearing abg.. that could be hacking...

7. Emb

Emb Proficient

One other thing, arrow flurry is what made us OP, guess what it's fixed like retail, with UD working its impossible to lock another warrior class meaning I can't speed kill glads and temps anymore cuz if i try arrow flurry is a permanant stun**** for 30 entire seconds no exaggeration

8. PetromaniaC

PetromaniaC Banned

Actually , just because u got hide.
    not because u see him first and atk first , if it was like that then sorc would be the same , that's not true....
    the hide + skill usage while in hide is what makes ranger unbeatable by some classes.
    and his dmg is pretty high... since every skill he has is instant , not like glad's skills..

9. Emb

Emb Proficient

magic resist works now, stack up on some and you wont' get stunned = you can retaliate

10. Zee

Zee Banned

omg this thread is still alive . Simply amazing O_O

11. PetromaniaC

PetromaniaC Banned

Why would i use m resist manastones? (if that's what u mean)

and since when magic resist makes you resist stuns? lol

anyway , i won't decrease my mboost for stun resists , cause i sometimes kill stupid people without taking a single hit...

12. Zee

Zee Banned

It actually decreases the chance of stun proc... and you resist almost every stumbles... Same stands for assassin's runes...
    Think b4 talking

13. PetromaniaC

PetromaniaC Banned

a sorcerer's sleep/stun lock doesn't last for long on air , we can't use aether's hold for example , so we gotta nuke and we need most of our skills ready.. no cds = sorc sucks.. most of our skills got 1 , 2 , 3 and 5 minutes cooldown...
    that's annoying enough for me when i pvp with many ppl... i barely can kill them when they atk me 2v1 or 3v1..... perhaps i can with sleeping storm -> lava tempest -> lumiel's wrath , but i need 4k DP and i will wait 1h for lumiel's wrath =)))

14. Emb

Emb Proficient

ok ok dude just know this, the more magic resist you have, the harder it is to stun you or knock you down or any type of magical debuff what so ever, instead of going full MB you should take a moment and say to yourself Maybe if I do a hybrid manastone build, some hidden ranger can't get me with his stunning shot anymore.. or atleast, it won't be that easy

15. Jemindra

Jemindra Well-Known Member

Damn smart clerics stacking up on mresist... sins are like nothing to them.

16. Beastie

Beastie Banned

Ive heard that stacking Mres doenst really help unless you have ABG chain or leather. Anyone know more about this?

17. Adieu

Adieu Respected Member

I have ABG(chain), breaking 2k MR, making it the most effective. Unless you can get atleast 2k MR, don't bother with it. Cause even with 2k, a sorc can use use there 1k m.acc buff and blast you.

18. Zee

Zee Banned

Works the best with chain set ~
    Since it has the biggest base m.resist rate.

19. Revoultion

Revoultion Well-Known Member

However, rangers did get their bestial fury fixed and is now decreasing their range of the bow,
    Flurry had been fixed and is now stunning them whenever they get hit.
    how conveniet eh? :D

20. Delynir

Delynir New Member

Alright I checked the sleep thing, and I misunderstood. I thought you said if I sleep someone from hide, and then attack them they will remain sleeping, but I see you meant that I will remain in hide..but really, whats the point of that? Sleep arrow does no damage, and you make them aware that a ranger is nearby (then if they are a glad, one AoE if you stay close and that's it for hiding, and without decent scrolls you can't get away, or if there is a templar, not even that way as they can pull you)
    If I'm in hide, I'm not going to waste the surprise(yes, surprise when their fingers aren't on the right keys) on sleeping the opponent, I always buff before going in hide when I'm hunting, so really, stun arrow comes first >__> Sleep arrow is good for fleeing though, or a 'cd pause' in the middle of a fight. (Yeah, yeah I'm a weak noob)
    Last time we checked with my friend mresist didn't do much good on this server..but we'll check again, for sure.