1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

To Gamez Staff: Honestly...

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Frenemy, Oct 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cozolinofly

cozolinofly Well-Known Member

Why no Gm write here?

2. serpisor

serpisor Getting there

ask gm's why they don't post here!

3. Mercykiller

Mercykiller Well-Known Member

They don't need to post, most of them thanked the original post, i.e. they agree with what was said.

2 people like this.
  4. ciufpuf

ciufpuf Attention Whore! Forum Legend

true but we will like some green name to post here^^

5. Beastie

Beastie Banned

and what do you want them to say exactly?

6. Mercykiller

To what point or purpose?

What people don't seem to understand is if "drama" stays secret and staff don't let players know what the ****'s going on, then we'll just have AMs resigning out of the blue for no apparent reason.

I don't know about you, but personally I'd like to know what's going on behind the scenes. Not because I'm a busybody, I just don't like being left in the dark. Which is what this topic is apparently suggesting.

That when staff members get backstabbed by their colleagues they shouldn't let the community know because that might tarnish the backstabber's reputation and expose them for what they really are. That is, detrimental to the server.

7. ciufpuf

i/we want to know if they care about the server and its community or they care only about the donations cauz we are keeping this server online meaning normal players and donators..there are 600 pservers out their but many failed cauz of the inactivity and lack of players/donators..

8. Sycth

Sycth Banned Forum Legend

Well i can ensure you that i am paying my way and helping the server ^^

9. Mercykiller

10. Frenemy

Frenemy Banned

When a GM resign he/she usually make a goodbye thread where the reason is written.

I don't want GMs to bring out the trash of the inside issues of Staff for one simple reason: they divide community in followers of each GM, a flame war starts and drama always wins after all.

Yes, there should be communication between Staff and Gamez community. But, some things are ment to be discussed only between the Staff, not between players.

Yes, Admins must be more strct with all GMs and kick the ones who don't do their job properly or just abuse.

3 people like this.
  11. Beastie

Beastie Banned

Sure it would be nice to hear from them, Id rather see actual action then having them post saying that were right and things should change, and theyre focus a lot more time and energy on improvements, but then have nothing really done.

12. lafitness88

lafitness88 I LOL at hackers

Well Said Raik3n. If this is ignore by the higher powers things will looks dark for our future.

13. Hefner

Hefner Banned

That's your opinion. I think the staff should be totally separated from the players. In my opinion the staff should not be allowed to be in a legion or have a normal player status aside from their staff status. It's only causing drama; A player will see a staff member kicking ass, and knowing that they have more power he will obviously make a report. I would do the same because it's just smells fishy!

Especially since we already have staff members with a history of abuse such as Alente and Oplay.

14. Frenemy

Frenemy Banned

Beast, we all can see that Gamez lack of communication between Staff and pleayers. If they act in the shadows, post an update every now and then and then they think it's cool move, well they are wrong !!

We want to help this server, u can see this from the people's replies here.

So, the purpose of this thread is to bring Staff and community closer, to make Admins realize that Gamez cannot survive when there is so much mysticism around almost everything.

15. Beastie

Beastie Banned

I was just trying to point out that actions are louder than words, and you can communicate all you want but in the end its pointless if real improvements are made

16. cozolinofly

cozolinofly Well-Known Member

I think Carl avoid to read this .. he already took a look on others threads

17. ciufpuf

rofl if i see some changes and a no drama gamez i think i'll donate again for my cleric ^^

18. Mercykiller

You weren't warned for "contributing" to this topic. That was the other topic.

I believe the community has a right to know what's going with the server. That includes when GMs abuse their powers and sabotage one another. I have no interest in being fed lies and propaganda that everything's fine while there's an AM resignation topic every other day.

Like when Angal/Edixoid/Alente/Albull resigned. Shit was swept under the rug like you're proposing, but after all that cloak and dagger bullshit, the shit hit the fan hardcore, and a lot of players went over to chlora's server.

Better have everything out in the open from the get go, than having staff members bottle up their frustrations till they snap, tbh.

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

I practically stated that it was my opinion, however, I agree with what you're saying, personally when it comes to power abuse, I have a one strike system.

However, such a system would mean that the Admins would actually have to monitor what the staff is doing day-to-day instead of giving them free reign for the most part.

What I don't agree with is not letting AMs play the game normally.

Yes, there's the potential for abuse, but that's why Admins should be monitoring the staff instead of giving them the job and letting them do wtf they want and only checking in on them once every few weeks.

19. ciufpuf

@ Mercykiller couldn't agree more with ur last post..the Admins should be more active here and show interest for the server and willing to improve gamez performance..actually since Alente is doing the updates and monitoring them i didn't see carl posting on the forums anymore..i saw him whatchig that thread about changing the :D icon and not this thread..

20. Hefner

Hefner Banned

Personally, I believe that AMs should not be allowed to have a player status and be part of a legion because chances are big that they might get accused of corruption while doing so. Even entire legions might get accused. It's like asking for drama. I also think that AMs should have more power.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.