1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[Sanctus] Give me suggestions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sanctus, Oct 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AchilleS

AchilleS Proficient

Master the game... and you'll be the best Game master...

example of how to be a good GM.

GM FAQs:

1. As a GM will I get a salary? NO, being a GM is voluntary.
    2. Am I allowed to tell ANYONE that I am a GM through my regular or related characters or other means? NO, your GM identity should be kept a secret at all cost.
    3. Can I use my GM character to buff, party or hunt in game for my personal character use or give advantages to other players? NO, doing this will corrupt and destroy the very foundation a GM stands for.
    4. If I get to be a GM, will my personal character be turned into one too? NO, all GMs have separate accounts.
    5. Can I let anyone or my most trusted persons (friends or relatives and the likes) to use my GM account? NO, your GM account is strictly for your own use only.
    6. Can I create other characters in my GM account? NO, create character only as per instructions.
    7. Do I have to do events? YES, as a GM you are obliged to do events atleast once a week.
    8. Can I prefer/favor my friends, guildmates or other users of my liking on issues or during events to give them advantage over other users? NO, as a GM you should always stay neutral and treat everyone equally - NO FAVORITISMS.
    9. Can I ban users without proper, solid and undeniable proof? NO, you should always make sure you have proof(s) before deciding to ban, let the evidence/proof speak for itself.
    10. Can I disconnect users at will? NO, disconnect users only when needed such as after banning or by justifiable cause, refrain from disconnecting users just for fun or for the benefit of any user, nation, guild or similar.
    11. Can I trade/transfer/give/lend any items, alz, honor points or anything of this sort to my regular or related accounts/characters or to any account/character? NO, unless it's for event purposes or duly authorized.
    12. Am I allowed to ask for user's passwords and other vital informations? NO, for whatever reasons, DON'T! Exact character name is enough if needed.
    13. Can I ask items, alz, honor points or anything of this sort from users? NO, unless it's for event purposes duly authorized.
    14. Can I direct users to other websites or links that are not officially owned or hosted by Helix Network (cabalhelix.com or helixnetwork.net) regarding event prizes? NO, direct them only to our official website and forum links.
    15. Can I direct users to other websites or links that are not officially owned or hosted by Helix Network (cabalhelix.com or helixnetwork.net) regarding account recovery or similar issues and concerns? NO, you should instruct them to send e-mail regarding these matters to the administrator only.
    16. Can I perform unannounced events? NO, unless duly authorized.
    17. Can I choose not to equip and show the GM sign/placard when attending/dealing with users and their problems/issues in game? NO, the GM sign/placard is your badge, make sure to equip it to show and prove your authority.
    18. Does this mean I can do whatever it is not in this FAQ? Use common sense, if you think something doesn't feel right or may not be allowed, it's most probably not, best thing to do is ASK.

GM REQUIREMENTS & CONDITIONS:

1. Preferably atleast 18 years old would be an advantage.
    2. Willing to sacrifice his time for the GM duties making it the priority more than the regular account - atleast 80% play time for GM duties and 20% only for the regular account.
    3. Can communicate in English fluently, loyal, honest, broad-minded, responsible, dedicated, patient, trustworthy, polite/respectful, fun loving, friendly - ability to get along well with others.
    4. Complete resume (bio-data) with ID picture.
    5. GM application letter stating your reason, objective, commitment, related previous experiences if any and etc.
    6. Usual and preferred online times (include your Time Zone) and average online time per day.
    7. Regular character information such as: main character name, class, level, nation, class rank, honor rank.
    8. Having atleast one character in the account with level 170 or above - not necessary but is an advantage.

GM BANNING RULES & GUIDELINES:

1. Create your own thread in forum entitled "<yourGMname> Banlist" in the sub-forum Cabal Banlist under the FAME & SHAME SECTION.
    2. In your banlist, for every bans you made always include the following:
      DATE

CHARACTER NAME

CID (the character index number you see appearing in the notification window - lower right of your screen - when you ban/dc a user)

CHANNEL

MAP (BI: Bloody Ice, DS: Desert Scream, GD: Green Despair, PL: Port Lux, FR: Fort Ruina, UG: Undead Ground, FgR: Forgotten Ruin, LS: Lakeside, MF: Mutan Forest, PF: Pontus Ferrum)

TIME & TIME ZONE (hour:min AM/PM GMT+8)

HACKTYPE or REASON FOR BAN (SH: Speedhack, RTE: Retarget Exploit, DN: Donation Fraud, DI: Donation Issue, O: Others <incude details>)

DURATION (3 days, 7 days, 15 days, 30 days, Indefinite (account will remain banned unless redeemed - up to 2x only), Permanent)
      SAMPLE CORRECT FORMAT:
      20 May 2010
      JuanDeLaCruz 10362 Ch10 DS 3:33am SH Indefinite
      MariaDeLaCruz 10360 Ch3 PF 2:12am RTE 15 days
      PedroDeLaCruz 10363 Ch4 PF 1:12pm O:[GM Cursing] 15 days
      NeneDeLaCruz 10364 Ch4 PF 1:12pm O:[Adv Hack sites] Indefinite
    3. Always make sure to run your game video recording program (FRAPS or similar) before running the game and going online.
    4. If a cheater has been spotted and no video recorded or no undeniable screenshot(s) taken, do not proceed with the ban - NO SOLID PROOF, NO BAN!
    5. If a suspected cheater was video recorded and the GM was not able to ban in real-time, the video proof will be valid only for 24 hours to prevent dual ban by other GMs.
    6. Do not rush-in banning users, take it slowly but surely - if unsure what to do just ASK your fellow GMs or the ADMIN.
    7. Failure to comply with these rules and guidelines shall demerit the GM concern and may result to termination.
    8. ADMIN and system AUTOBAN supersede these rules and guidelines.

If you think you CAN and have the WILL and DETERMINATION to do the GM roles aforementioned above, PROCEED with your application, but IF NOT, that means YOU ARE NOT YET READY, just re-apply when you are.

note: this post originated from cabalhelix.com

Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  2. Don

Don Banned

You could give me a lottery ticket that turns out to be a 45 million dollar winner, give me 999B kinah in-game, and then give me GM powers without the responsibility of a GM.
    But seriously, I've heard (not really in tune with GM's PERSONALLY) that you've had a "bad attitude" with some people, dunno if it was provoked though. Regardless, GM's shouldn't show that since they're in a place of leadership xD
    Second would be... continue as you've been doing? As far as I know, you seem like a good mod so far. Keep up the good work :wink:
    Now, you owe me 50000b kinah for replying to your thread. GIVE IT NAO BEFORE I BAN YOU! :O lol

3. Sanctus

Sanctus Banned

Alright, I'm happy your issue got resolved.

My forum account is set to 'online' now. I do announce my presence and departure when I am in game (mostly on Lumiel so if you main Siel that would be why you dont see too much of me). I need to get around to writing a schedule and sticking to it (though if/when I do, it will be informal, and loose since this is volunteer work after all :p)

Truly, I am inspired.

I can't -always- be online, but I will try to do more events :p

I am active. But I could always be nicer (while staying firm).

We're all only people. I think most of the people who think I am out to get them are imagining it because I think if I really were out to get them I'd be abusing the permissions/powers alloted to me, which I am not ;P

Or getting blamed for actions taken by other staff (like Aegis's magically disappearing signature--not my doing but I was blamed for it anyway).

In the end though, this is a good reminder for me, and probably everyone else to keep their biases to themselves, and ignore them when doing our jobs so we can be as fair as possible.

4. Diavol GR

Diavol GR Legendary Member

My suggestion Is you take the seat of other GMs That shouldnt be where they are.

5. Sanctus

Sanctus Banned

Um, not entirely sure how to respond to this. ^^; ?

6. Tmac

Tmac Proficient

I very thankful that you as an AM, would love to accept criticisms and suggestions which infact is good for the improvement of the free services you will give to this community. Im hoping that other GMs would follow you and wont think highly of themselves and would also take criticisms and suggestion for them to improve..:innocent:

7. Mercykiller

Mercykiller Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw9oX-kZ_9k

8. Frenemy

Frenemy Banned

Ima speechless... :pouty:

9. Sanctus

Sanctus Banned

I'm glad you appreciate my willingness to hear the suggestions of the community.

inb4 rage filled post?

10. Frenemy

Frenemy Banned

Why should I even bother?

I saw I wanted to see...
    I know wat I wanted to learn about...

:sideways:

11. Sanctus

Sanctus Banned

How very ominous sounding.

12. Adieu

Adieu Respected Member

13. Beastie

Beastie Banned

You can give me a pony

14. smoking95

smoking95 Banned

dont ninja other gms down....

15. Cropolite

Cropolite No regrets D:

QQrageSpamQQ!

Stop the QQraaage.

16. Taruka

Taruka Well-Known Member

You give beast a ponny and not one for me? I am vewwie sad D:

17. Sanctus

Sanctus Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTAhZKP5wCY

I can. But I wont. They're too expensive ):

Then I shall samurai them. Is this satisfactory? o.o

18. Adieu

Adieu Respected Member

Luckier now than I've ever been I think...

19. Xalamander

Xalamander Well-Known Member

you know what you can do to get better

20. Cropolite

Cropolite No regrets D:

O rly? Like wut?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.