1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Asmo BoQ Nerf

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Mystearica, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mystearica

Mystearica Proficient

Now before people start saying STUPID SORC STOP COMPLAINING, I'm an Elyos sorc so this did nothing to me in any way.

But Alente.... this isn't really fair... as a sorc, every class has something to use against us and it's already hard enough to play as it is with Wintry Armor not working and other classes being able to rush and burst us down like the clothies that we are...

What you should have done was replace the Elyos stigma with the asmodian one ( not saying this is the better solution but I would prefer it ) until Wintry Armor was fixed.

With the last patch, sorcs could no longer stack their 25% cast speed with boon of quickness, so it was the way it should be... I honestly don't think this was necessary...

EDIT: I also forgot to add that Aethertwisting and Focused Evasion resists more spells than they should be due to the game reading the attacks late... same thing with illusion, but for a sorc, every move you make is vital and one mistake can make or break the fight. They also now resist CCs and makes it even harder to fight them correctly.

While I understand that you're doing your best to fix everything to the way it should be, could I ask that you not implement such changes that put sorcs at more of a disadvantage unless you change/fix other classes ( especially sins and rangers ) that would keep the balance?

EDIT 2: The main reason why asmo sorcs were given the boon, was because elyos assasins and rangers ( not quite sure about rangers ) were given skills that dodged more skills. The skill for assasins is called Spelldodging, and for rangers, if I'm right... it's the purple buff that dodges 1 spell.

It was a way to help the asmo sorcs fight a class that they were designed to be disadvantaged against... now that it's taken away, it's going to be a lot harder for an asmo sorc to be able to do what they were able to before...

I really ask you to reconsider that little part of the update, as I've played a sorc ever since Open Beta for Aion, and still do up to this day... The class is very frustrating to play as it is, and this is only making it harder for them.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
    4 people like this.
  2. Exposed

Exposed Expert

focused evasion is fixed, dunno about illusion
    about the BoQ, they just try balancing more, they have tweaked most classes at some point to make pvp more stable since every1 has all their stigmas n so on

3. Soki

Soki New Member

I agree, and I support. :biggrin:

4. justnick001

justnick001 TwinDad Forum Legend

Alente call it balance eh?making things fair?lol

5. Stone

Stone New Member

this is a really bad move...low def + slow casting = nevermind...

now this server is really becoming a ranger and gladiator server...

6. Mystearica

Mystearica Proficient

It isn't really balancing anything if you have to take away a whole skill in the game, from a class though... it just shows that people complain about it too much rather than trying to do something about it...

As I said, with the last update, you can no longer stack boons with wisdoms, and that alone, was enough...

7. Prestige

Prestige Well-Known Member

Are you stupid? Rangers have been nerfed this entire time.

8. Stone

Stone New Member

am i stupid?! your 800+ posts does not make you more intelligent that me! get a life!

9. yumilover

yumilover Well-Known Member

Somewhere in the heaven (With Many Hot Girls)
    lol...dont fight guys....xD

10. Ekzh

Ekzh B E W I L D Forum Legend

When?

Only got nerfed in 1.5 then in 1.9 al ranger use stun stun stun = dead and even with UD (temp/gladi) u still killing them...

11. Enciel

Enciel Proficient

those going glads vs ranger please take your flames elsewhere thanks

OTT: i agree that casting speed shouldn't be nerfed that way (i.e complete removal of said skill). They were already reduced from 30 secs to 15 secs now so wth. Also, if it's set to be balanced in the way that melee > scout > mage > melee, with the nerf i can see temps and glads rushing towards a caster without any worries of being killed

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Rainbow Title Forum Legend

I did think it was rather an odd way to 'balance' things, considering >.>

13. Yuu

Yuu New Member

Ohh, that was called balancing?

Although this is a pserver, most of the skilled should stay as it is or changed it to the extent that its really not useful, but BoQ, its called a nerf..

14. juji

juji Getting there

sorc is good this way ..they must fix wintry

and they must fix the ranger/sin worg transformation

15. Stacked

Stacked The Original God Glad Forum Legend

-Starts countdown until Aegis re rolls-

16. ikike

ikike Jai guru deva om

- [Sorceror] Due to balance concerns over the lack of a stigma system the skill Boon of Quickness (Asmodian) will now have the same effect as the Elyos version - Boon of Strength.

uhmm ... Balance..? u said Balance xD?
    Nice..iM sorry but this isnt balance ,is just a stigma more.. how mystearica said elyos assassis have more skills of dodge more than asmos, .. and assasins elyos have stigmas of silence than asmos asassins dont have.. so why not make all classes of elyos and asmos = ,To make balance between asmos n elyos..uhmm no no.. Why dont play with a normal cleric, and play Fair n balance the game in gelkmaros :) ?
    btw. i dont know if this server is a alpha or beta alredy? cuz i dont know if al these things are happen here is just testing or wut :O?
    Cyu then

17. Smartik1

Smartik1 Walking F.A.Q. Forum Legend

its not just "a whole skill", its the best buff we had, kinda 1 of the reasons to go asmo.

BTW ALENTE, if an elyos sorc stands up for us, how is that called balance towards elyos? geez stop making changes on ur own. we already took a blow with non stacking buffs. if u want retail, dont change skills how u like

18. Warrriorzzz

Warrriorzzz AuditionDanceBattle4ever Forum Legend

if they nerf boq then they should make wintry armor work....and btw i think ranger is weaker since beastial fury removes 15m range? am i right? or am i wrong? lol

19. Nujabes

Nujabes Well-Known Member

XD! I should put this as a my sig quote for the week but I wont.

20. Smartik1

Smartik1 Walking F.A.Q. Forum Legend

how bout keep it and make it work, u know, like retail? wasnt that their whole lets nerf sorc move about? seriously why not just delete the whole race and make it elyos vs elyos if u want equality

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

u said u took away stacking coz "we werenent meant to have it, retail doesnt"
    u took away BoQ coz retail has it but "its not really fair"

eh...*speechless*

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

FYI if u did have a stigma system, sorc would go for nukes and BoQ anyways, 50% casting is totally worth it

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.