1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Insignias

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Raika, Nov 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stacked

Stacked The Original God Glad Forum Legend

I'm sure if they plan for this to be a permanent change then they will make some sort of announcement about it but as it stands right now I do not believe it as a Permanent decision. It was re broken in the last update and they've simply chosen to let it be until they can reach a decision on whether or not to keep it permanent.

2. Eric F

Eric F New Member

You may not exploit any type of glitch or bug to provide personal benefit in any way, shape or form. This includes but is not limited to, continuously and purposefully farming AP from the same faction in duels. Also, you will not communicate the existence of any such exploitable bug, either directly or through public posting, to any other user of Aion.
    (from http://forum.gameznetwork.com/showthread.php?t=3886 which is the only rules I have currently found)

Therefore this assumes that you are not allowed to use something unless specifically stated working as intended?

In truth if I had not seen Nekhebet using this I would imagine I would be banned for abusing such a bug, so many things unannounced?

3. Stacked

Its perfectly legit to use insignias, Edixoid even stated it him self earlier in this thread.

see Here

4. Eric F

Eric F New Member

After someone made an entire thread about insignias where official people of the server are already using it without any announcement? Presumably a vocal confirmation?

5. Stacked

They did not foresee that insignias would get re broken so how could they make an announcement about something they did not intend to happen? Why does something like this even need an announcement to begin with? Its not something that is detrimental to this game nor does it effect everyone.

6. Eric F

Eric F New Member

Because I observed the community manager using it in PvP and therefore am quite sure it was known ;).

It also does affect everyone, as per your post where you killed 4 people, largely helped by the insignia effect, you believe those people believe it is not detrimental to the game only some people know of it?

7. Stacked

uh he didnt discover it, I know who inside the legion did discover it and nek was actually one of the last people inside the legion to find out about it. It was only known after someone tested it, was never intentionally done in the update.

Again think before you post, How does a 50% dmg reduction to players affect people who do not PvP? do explain.....I'm pretty sure these insignias only affect the people who pvp. And that clearly is not everyone on this server.

8. Eric F

Eric F New Member

50% less damage against a boss, "hey look guys, imma tank!", in this case no its not detrimental, but as I showed, affects PvP in a HUGE way, detrimental unless you are aware of it.

I never stated he was the first person to find out, but as you have just shown, it HAS been known and used in PvP without any confirmation to others, I will give you a scenario.

I am the first person to discover that the insignia gives me 50% damage reduction due to the update, however I do not have a GM inside my guild and therefore do not use it as it is bug abusing and has not been confirmed by GM.

I give you current scenario.

A person discovers the same effect and announces it in the guild, the GM inside the guild confirms that this can be used in PvP, this guild then continues to use the insignia in PvP against people who have no idea of this occurrence, only able to deduce it through observing status bars in PvP and guessing.

9. matteo666

matteo666 Getting there

Ban insigna

10. Stacked

You seem to think this is some sort of secret plot, but in fact this has nothing to do with the fact that the person was a GM or not, when something like this is discovered why would you want everyone to know about it right away? where is the fun in that? With something unintentional like this its more fun to let people figure it out on their own.

And since you're so keen on this idea that it needs to be announced, why do not you make a thread announcing it your self, it is not something that needs to be publicly announced to the world considering it was not an intentional change.

11. Jemindra

Jemindra Well-Known Member

When did these started to work again anyway? Because as soon as we hit 2.0 a couple of weeks ago, I am sure these weren't working...

Unless they did until someone decided to test them out and made it secret. >_>

12. Stacked

They were re broken in the last update.

13. Eric F

Eric F New Member

Coming from being a dev on another server where I played, I found it strange to be "abusing" the bug before it was confirmed to be usable officially.

For instance when I found some bugs that, firstly couldn't exactly be fixed and secondly added another dimension to the PvP I create a tips page to put everyone on a level playing field.

Your entire argument appears to revolve around the idea of "It's great fun killing people who have no chance against you", try to actually consider people playing the game rather than just concentrating on yourself, its called MMO for a reason.

14. Stacked

Maybe you should go back to being a dev on that server where your opinion matters. Every other time these things were broken to work on players it was never publicly announced, so why change that now? You're basically asking for every unintentional bug that could affect anyone in game needs to be announced publicly so EVERY one knows about it.

PS. People already had no chance at killing me, the insignia only gives me an advantage at destroying people who roll around in groups of 5 or more.

15. Eric F

Eric F New Member

That's an amazing appeal to tradition, because that is how it has been done always that's how it should continue lol?

Cauterizing wounds has always worked, why question it to create better things, that's just absurd!

And no, I am saying that an up to date, and if possible officially updated tips page would actually be incredibly beneficial to this server and to new players - especially regarding bugs. For example I didn't know about the two different classifications of spawn camping, one of which would get you jailed, until I accidently read it in a thread whilst clicking around. Now when that thread has no more posts a new person has to just hope that a similar thread is made and he reads it.

That PS is amazing, a summation of epeen combined with an everything for me attitude.

16. Stacked

Yeah I'm done reading your paragraphs, I read the last sentence and just laughed, you tried to tell me that I use the insignias to give my self the unfair advantage in PvP when in fact 9 times out of 10 I run into groups of 3 or more, tell me that giving my self a 50% dmg reduction in a 1v3 is not fair game? Because to me I just evened the odds.

17. Adieu

Adieu Respected Member

Just thought of something amusing, technically by Siels bad economy, insignias are the most inexpensive consumable. lol

18. Clk

Clk do you even lift

Soooooooooo.... You're letting a bugged item used in pvp? Great, let's abuse any bug we know of then? Is that okay too? lol

19. Stacked

yeah why dont you try that and see how it ends up for you.

20. Clk

Clk do you even lift

It's working out just great for those who use insignia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.