1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Official Insigina Position

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Alente, Nov 3, 2010.

?

Should insignias be left ENABLED for all players (Read the thread before voting -.-!)

1. Leave them working for all.

119 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Kill them with fire.

119 vote(s)
    50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cobweb

cobweb Well-Known Member

we're dead ahaha! run

2. Digitalism

Digitalism Getting there

disagree with this. 1 at a time is good.

3. ampala

ampala Getting there

me too :annoyed:

this bug realy annoying

4. Beastie

Beastie Banned

you can carry more than one you just have to know how to stack them. I often carry about ten at a time

Ill give u a hint, those warehouse npcs in the legion office aren't there to act like walmart greeters

Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
  5. Exposed

Exposed Expert

yeah i noticed

6. jeff

jeff New Member

same too..

7. yihengren

yihengren Well-Known Member

warrehouse.... damn i was doing trade back and forth-_-

8. danye

danye New Member

players keep saying that glads can pwnd a full group on retail thats why the insignia must work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFRcrobcF_U&feature=related

they dnt do that cause they have insignias... they do it cause they are good players...
    glads like kaa tempalrs like klask sinx like paulina and yelo can pwnd a group here...
    with insignias only glads can do that...
    cleric have time to heal in front of a assassin with full buffs that kind of thing does not exist

9. chanChan

chanChan New Member

sin who does not benefit in armfusion?? now insignia??....... poor sin.... I just hope before going into to this system, consider every character. many vote for yes because of the benefits (specially with their characters)but what about those who vote for no? maybe they see something not good and should come into some consideration. Poor sin...

P.S.
    Poor Sin ( when they do surprise attack, now they will be the one who will be surprised) :)

10. Mythic

Mythic LEGENDARY ICON MEMBER Forum Legend

leave then until abg will be tradeble... because this is the only way newbies can toe to toe with the old players....

11. Ekzh

Ekzh B E W I L D Forum Legend

R u crazy?

Only way that go againts abg its new armos.

I have anuhart since 1.5 and we r in 2.0

We need to fight better and a little more balance agains abg/eat:
    ♦ Beshmundir Set
    ♦ Inggison/Gelkmaros Set
    ♦ Satamariux/Padmarashka Set
    ♦ Stormwing Set

12. Minaki

Minaki Minahime~

farm Platinum medal and buy Archon Primus Pilus set, have a lil more stats compared to ABG...xD
    Yet it still a long long way to reach that goal..xD

13. cozolinofly

cozolinofly Legendary Member

you need platinum for primus

14. Minaki

Minaki Minahime~

sry my bad, edited...xD
    ty

15. cozolinofly

cozolinofly Legendary Member

you can t farm platinum on this server

16. Ekzh

Ekzh B E W I L D Forum Legend

Oh yes i will wait 102 days for my guardian/archon primus armor and another 110 for my weapons and 108 for my jewerly...

And in that time i will keep been pwn for players that use insignia cause that make pvp more balance...

17. Aegis

Aegis Guest

My post is going to be divided into a few parts, which pretty much will cover all of my opinions on this issue... which I find many people will share with me.

-------------------------------------

I think that I don't even need to speak of why allowing a bugged item, something that has even been completely removed before because it didn't fulfill its initial role (to migate damage from a transformed player) should not be done.

---------------------------------------

The game was never meant to be played this way, with the common player being allowed to get an additional 50% damage resistance...

ONTOP OF AN ALREADY 50% DAMAGE REDUCTION.

I don't think many people realise that with insignia we are actually hitting another person for only 25% of our damage... then you throw in ontop of that ABG set effects from the armor and helmet... add in passives like the templar passive, then you add in multiple buffs such as empyrean armor (which adds ontop of it all more damage migation) and then you add seemingly trivial things such as:

-Magic resistance: 100% immunity to spells unless fighting a sorcerer who REALLY KNOWS what they are doing... even I have to keep a list of names in my mind of players who stack M.R. so I know to use supplication of focus. Otherwise I'll get mowed down...

-Parry/Block/Dodge: all reduce physical damages even further. Block with a 75% damage reduction... is insane.

------------------------------

Last, but most certainly not least is the fact that these votes are NOT 80% of players voting FOR insignia's against the small 20% against it... this is (at least right now) above 40%.

While I know this isn't a democratic environment, by far, I should at least say that a vote system like this which posesses no medium "apathetic" vote is automatically biased and is not a proper assessment of a persons psychological lean towards either aspect.

Also, from another aspect (buisness wise) making a fair amount of players (while not the majority in this already skewed vote) unhappy with the basic and most fundamental aspect of this game that this server offers...

PvP

... this will cause large unrest and is most likely going to aid in reducing the incoming population into the server.

(With ABG trades down already, new players are already beginning to get the notion they either need to donate or move on.)

So in essence you are stunting the growth (potential income/generalized gross income) of the Gamez Aion buisness by warding off new-blood into the server...

I hate to be the one to say this but as much as you may love you're oldie players... I can pretty much tell you that by nerfing their PvP experiance, damning the over 50% of the server that plays the ranger class <elaborated next statement> and making trading the gears impossible?

YOU ARE STUNTING YOUR PROFITS, BY DOING THIS.

--------------------------------------

Not to mention many classes are BURST classes, who do not survive for very long that RELY on the gank.

-Sorcerer
    -Assasin
    -Ranger
    -Spiritmaster
    (YES, this class as well. This class relys on widdling a players life down slowly... their entire basis is upon controlled degradation... I played a SM on RETAIL so I assure you this isn't pulling jack out of my butt when I tell you insignias <<WHICH NORMALLY SHOULD BE DISPELLABLE>> are going to hit this already dead class hard.)

So already you're killing off four of the classes (HALF of the 8 total!) and we don't even have the ability to trade to a more "desired class".

So now we have near-immortal clerics who posess shields and the most powerful M.resistance of all who can more than self heal, gladiators who posess an instant 50% and 20% heal (which raises their max HP) and they deal immense damage, immortal templars who could walk around naked with insignia on and pop a 50% reduction buff and take no damage from a flipping zerg and we have chanters who can already stunlock,buff and heal taking even less damage... insignia + fortification buffs = Goodluck damaging them.

Can't wait till we see M.R. / parry/block hybrid chanters facerolling everyone and tanking like a templar!

So yeah... killing off half of the classes isn't exactly being much merciful.

I'll elaborate... being a FULLY +15 ABG SORC... ALL MAGICBOOST STONES AND ALL I hit only 5k on other players with full ABG gears... throw in insignia? 2.5k damage from a what is meant to be THE MOST POWERFUL spiking class in the game?

No way in HELL that is right when I am bogged down with low hp, low defence, casting time and etc... that is NOT how Aion was meant to be played.

-------------------------------

Tl;dr for those with short-attention-spans and those who don't like a very well explained and thought-out explination from a person backing their opinion with valid points:

BURN IT WITH FIREEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

5 people like this.
  18. Hardstyle

Hardstyle ***** Slap Forum Legend

This post says it all. And there shouldn't even be any further discussion >.>

19. Aegis

Aegis Guest

ALSO, because I do consider myself a very sturdy pvper...

I find this entire thread almost offensive , that people have this condescending attitude towards others that belittles other people.

"Zerg" pvp is simply a collection of wills, despite us all sometimes questioning just how much will those 50 people camping have... they are a single human being and their character is representative of that (I can't recall more than 10 people I met even on retail who multi logged actively in PvP. And on Gamez Aion I've met maybe 2.).

To assume that one has the "born-right" is to assume that yourself as an entity the same as them is for some reason more valuble or should override the rights and freedoms of the others.

This is loosely packed togather as sociopathy.

We already have DEFINATE differences in player potential...

-ABG gears
    -"Skill"
    -Elite leigons like DTK, The Illusionist, Yes Tomorrow, Hackers.

We don't need to "set the difference" any further than that.

So I find the fact that people embrace this 100% filthy and disgusting.

Learn to PvP. PvP isn't about taking 20 players...

20 people's will's should overthrow a single persons will. That is how it always has been meant to be. With ABG you can already push past your current limit and overthrow them already... but trying to tank zergs (I don't even need to name WHO)? That is downright sociopathic-bigotry.

------------------

Now I will illude into more detailed aspects of how this is absolutely pathetic. Now I hope you all don't take this as a flame or personal attack against you, it isn't meant that way and I'll say it again. THIS ISN'T MEANT AS A PERSONAL ATTACK ON ANYONE. But the people supporting this have failed to link conceptualization and idealism to realism and factualism.

#1: The fact that this item gives 50% reduction to normal players is a bug.

#2: The fact that players are abusing methods to obtain more than one of these at a time is bug abuse.

#3: What makes you think that since YOU have an insignia that YOU will gain a benifit above the majority?

Who is to say that with prolonged exposure to this...

(just like anything, I can even bring up wonderful UNICELLULAR modles of organisms that bring in a present factor to boost their own capability)

...that the common player won't abuse the insignia as well?

Thus all we will have in the end is everyone taking 25% damage from eachother opposed to 50%.

Seriously, this is how it will play out.

To think otherwise would be to dillude yourself with a beautiful set of psychological fallacies as well as statistical fallacies.

So, with my post ever growing, burn them with FIRE.

20. Adieu

Adieu Respected Member

Wow, nice posts Aegis o.o;

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.