1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Damage Reduction

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Mystearica, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mystearica

Mystearica Proficient

Edit: I just noticed the thread title >.> it's a funny typo but.... People should understand it was really meant to be "Damage"

EDIT 2: Just in case people are misled, the insignias are gone and unuseable, but in their place there's now a permanent 20% PvP reduction added to the original 40%. Now you do 60% less damage instead of 40%.

Before I start... I tried my best to at least test things for a few days before making a post about this... but I just can't handle how it is anymore so I'm going to post now.

I've played as a Sorcerer ever since Open Beta for Aion. I've seen things change - some for the worse and some for the better. Though I never felt like my concerns would matter to NCSoft, I really hope that they are actually taken into consideration here.

Now back on topic. The PvP reduction is too much. As I stated before, when the insignias decreased damage by 50%, they made fights last much longer, and for sorcs, long fights are not ideal as our spells cost so much MP and have such long cooldowns that we can only burst down our targets once in a while.

It may help classes as Clerics, Glads, Chanters, and Templars because they have short cooldowns that enable them to do well in long fights, but for burst classes, our burst is all we have.

In group PvP, burst class roles are to take out targets and give the cleric a hard time healing others. Now I understand that people should not be able to kill others in a fully geared fight before a cleric can react, it is now impossible to kill anyone if they have a good cleric unless you outzerg them.

[ Section taken out due to clarification from Alente ]

Please lower the damage reduction to 50% only or not have it at all ( meaning to keep it at 40% where it was before. ). It is causing many problems for classes to do what they are meant to do. It shouldn't take 2 sins to take down 1 sorc, nor should it take 2 rangers to kill a sin. Dying fast is a part of playing these burst classes, and people need to get used to it, or play a different class.

The way PvP was before there were any attempted changes to it was fine. People enjoyed it, they picked the classes they wanted, they adapted, and we had groups going back and forth in Inggison/Gelk. Now it's just a matter of who has more healers or glads to AoE and wither down a group.

Bugged skills being fixed should be emphasized. Global damage reduction at this level wasn't needed before, and isn't needed now. Hitting people in ABG for lower than my skills' base damage with 24% PvP Atk and 2.2k Magic Boost is just way too little. I can't imagine anyone without PvP atk trying to even have an impact in a fight.

TL;DR Version:

It now takes too many skills to kill one person. Many burst classes were not built to have to use that many skills to kill one target. Cause of this is too much damage reduction. Please lower it.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
    18 people like this.
  2. Spalonk

Spalonk Proficient

I agree 100% either remove insignia or reduce its effective shield %.

3. PetromaniaC

PetromaniaC Banned

ya insignias suck... they unbalance pvp ;p

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Rainbow Title Forum Legend

Insignias were removed, lrn2read update log.
    Lol @ me skimming posts.

So you're mad cause they're trying to balance the game a bit?
    Granted I haven't logged on since the update but meh I doubt its even that big of a deal.
    People are WAY to used to the enhanced damage that most of the pvp that goes on involves little to no skill what so ever.
    "Hur let me spam my keybinds and watch shit die"
    I.E. The vast majority of glads and rangers.
    Sorc isn't much different tbh, it doesn't take much skill to kill with one, it takes skill to kill and keep on killing without dying.

5. Deadly

Deadly Proficient

:):):):0:0:)

6. Spalonk

Spalonk Proficient

Yeah well the power in my area went down last night and this is the first time i have been able to get online so IM GLAD :)))))))

7. Mystearica

Mystearica Proficient

Global reduction isn't balancing. When you balance things, you don't do one thing, for everything. You make choices for every aspect, calculate the effect, then decide if it's good or not, and then you implement them if they work well.

I'm not mad; this thread is actually me giving information about my own experiences in PvP. I don't claim to be an awesome sorc player, but I can tell when something isn't right.

1 person likes this.
  8. Deadlychants

Deadlychants Rainbow kittens Forum Legend

Maybe she's in Lumiel? They still work there.

Jeez, you guys are quick to attack.

Trolol much?

9. Mystearica

Mystearica Proficient

No I'm not in Lumiel, and if people read the post, I clearly show that I know insignias are removed.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  10. Anonymous

In the end it does balance, simply because Glads can't hit you for 6.5k critical now. They're not the ridiculous easy mode faceroller they were before.
    Rangers and Glads are easy mode, giving ridiculous damage to an easy mode class makes it imba.
    Globally reducing damage balances it simply because classes that aren't imba I.E. Cleric previously took learning and skill to play. Said clerics can actually kill a glad now simply because their level of skill is higher than said easy mode glad.

Sir you don't want to see me troll.
    Not to mention I wasn't being offensive in the least? herpus my derpus.

11. Deadlychants

Deadlychants Rainbow kittens Forum Legend

Ah, well then I also agree with the global reduction being silly. =O

12. Mystearica

Mystearica Proficient

But because glads and rangers are "easymode" for some people, every other class has to suffer? Glads have few ranged attacks and the rest are either single target or AoEs. Any ranged class who is within that AoE area should understand to get out as soon as possible, or to completely avoid it.

13. Anonymous

How is it suffering? If you're decent at your class you shouldn't have an issue.

14. Prestige

Prestige Well-Known Member

Well at least it encourages more group PvP, since it's probably extremely hard to solo now :lol:

15. zerofox15

zerofox15 New Member

60% damage reduction is way too much

60% damage way too much

im a templar now i cant even bring down a ranger with full abg set or eat set,,maybe possible but way too hard coz of that 60% damage reduction i cant even make 2k crit

i suggest that 40% damage reduction is enough
    sorc stil hit too high unlike templars i maybe tougher now but the problem is am i able to kill especially vs long range
    i think you should think about it...

1 person likes this.
  16. itsaleckz67

itsaleckz67 Legendary Member

i really dunno whats goin on lately so someone from the admin need to step in here and explain whats happening..
    :sleeping:

17. Mystearica

Mystearica Proficient

That's ... too generic of a response.... I have experience at my class, I've PvP'd in retail and here. I moved here due to the fail management in retail and the lack of PvP.

It's suffering because now my attacks do so much less damage, and I run out of MP in every fight, rendering me useless. MP pots don't do enough. AP MP pots? sure, give me 2-3 more skills that will probably make no difference.

18. AdamantiumZ

AdamantiumZ Expert

Im gonna spam thisssssssss... I wan my BOQ bACK!

19. Spalonk

Spalonk Proficient

Do u use greatsword and shield/mace-sword to pvp/duel?

IM yet to experience this cause i havent logged in yet today but we shall see :|

20. Prestige

Prestige Well-Known Member

Lmao you must not be that good as a templar then...

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.