1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Damage Reduction

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Mystearica, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FadetoBlack

FadetoBlack Veni, vidi, vici, reliqui

I like this reduction, allows me to take down more people since I just switch my targetted attacks to aoe's and I can still have decent damage... o.o

2. Mystearica

Mystearica Proficient

That's because you're a gladiator :tongue: I've clarified about constant DPS and burst DPS, but you may not have seen those posts.

3. FadetoBlack

FadetoBlack Veni, vidi, vici, reliqui

I know what you mean, you have a solid point. Maybe it could be settled at around 50% reduction... I think my pvp increase is somewhere close to 50%. I know it can be harder on sorcs o.o especially since UD is fixed now... I'd imagine you'd have a hard time taking down a full ABG glad or temp o.o

4. bangout

bangout Proficient

nearly impossible now. maybe if we had wintry armor...

5. maskedbr

maskedbr Legendary Member

if the glad have a minimal skill its impossible...
    glads need to be 100% noob to be killed with ud on..

6. marchee

marchee Banned

Hey Myste , take a screenshot of kaisiniels wrath with these days pvp reduction^^

7. Mystearica

Mystearica Proficient

:crying: I just might!

8. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Proficient

I would just like to add that this makes no sense for classes such as ranger or sins or sorc or sm....I play a sin and i am pretty good at it im full +15 dp gear ( except for accs 3x eat acc rest levl 30 acc set ) so how do u expect me to even attemtp to go against someone wearing donator gear as myst stated earlier someone who doesn't have pvp dammage probably won't even attempt to fight a glad or temp or a healer, earlier when i logged on I was near primum and i was fighting a cleric and chanter and i was trying to spam my insig but it wouldn't work... so i just started aoeing them and then when i realized i had half hp I wondered why am i not dead yet????? they eventually finished me off since they were 2 healers and just waited until i had low hp, my point is why do u insist on nerfing everyother class besides glads,temps,clerics,chanters this will in no way add "balance" to the server it will only make everyone reroll another class -1k for this idea

-Ninjawarrior/Gladiatorlegend

PS im just going to stick with my glad lol no point in even playing my favorite class anymore :(

9. maskedbr

maskedbr Legendary Member

assassins gonna be a legend here

when i have a child i gonna talk

kid when i was yong there was a class ....

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Rainbow Title Forum Legend

Why is this thread still open?
    /yawn

11. Sanctus

Sanctus Banned

I dont know.

12. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Proficient

simple because some of us need to vent on the fact that we will no longer be able to use our favorite classes to the best of our abilities

13. Adieu

Adieu Respected Member

Howmi supposed to PvP when I can't two-three shot people anymore and PvE and arghhhh!!

even the mobs take less damage GRRR

1 person likes this.
  14. Anonymous

Anonymous Rainbow Title Forum Legend

You mean that you're now unable to faceroll your keyboard and gain 100034203403400 ap?
    Lul'd.

15. Sanctus

Sanctus Banned

QFT. just sayin'.

16. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Proficient

i never face rolled and btw I am a sin i dont 3 shot ppl but this is f*ing ridiculous ok how the hell do u expect someone who DOESN'T have the money to donate ATM to even attempt to pvp equally unless they are a glad or temp or healer how ofc ppl will still play other classes but not there is no point in even using a sin lol or a sorc tbh in other games or even in retail ppl do not want an entire group full of glads that would be considered noobish here everyone will just get there glads rush into a zerg and aoe ^ ^ maybe get a healer to come......this sux idk who was the idiot who decided to add this but my friend just lost a customer who was going to donate alot of money to your server this thursday, now I intend to forget i ever played this shit excuse for a server lol

17. UltimateGladiator

UltimateGladiator Banned

Being honest I wasn't happy at first with the damage reduction.

But even playing as a sorcerer I am taking at most 200 damage from an assasin attack. In the end that just means I have more ample oppertunity to bash them in after getting control of the sitaution.

Also the highest a ranger has hit me for is 1.4k damage... which makes them signifigantly easier to take down.

In terms of gladiators and templars... I end up now using BoQ and slamming them with everything I have.

If anything I am taking this as a MAJOR buff for the squishy sorcerer/spiritmaster classes whos role is to primarily control the sitaution and then divebomb the poor person on the recieving end.

Our damage still >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> other peoples damage.

18. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Proficient

EXACTLY!!!!!, your supposed to be a "glass cannon" !! you are not supposed to take 200 dammage from a sin!!!! I play sorcs ( not my main but i have one ) and this quote explains being a sorc better then any guide ever will "being a sorc is like running around naked with a bazooka" NOT running around in full armor with a bazooka

19. UltimateGladiator

UltimateGladiator Banned

With full ABG and etc I honestly am starting to consider the possibility of stacking all parry stones or evasion and making everyone go squirly. But as far as I know evasion doesn't evade skills on this server (the manastone stat-based evasion that is). So... parrying with an orb for the win.

20. Adieu

Adieu Respected Member

I don't know, from all the lurking I've done on this and talking to people, it effectively made PvP slower, and put more emphasis on having a group. Aion was never ment to be a solo game, and everyone is globally effected by the 60% pvp defense not just specific classes. If you have problems solo get a group and l2CC the glad and focus fire the light armor classes first? And for god sake save the templar for last.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.