1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

My experiences with trying to obtain decent pvp gear..

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by asphyxiate, Nov 9, 2010.

1. bangout

bangout Proficient

you are noob @ reading and understanding the meaning.

2. Shenra

Shenra New Member

hmmmm ok what ever makes u happy :smile:

3. Kentiah

Kentiah New Member

I'm rather new too, but the same thought has crossed my mind many times and every time I get closer and closer to saying **** it, it seems more like a giant scam, you either have to vote exactly every 12 hours for 20 days to get ONE piece of ABG gear/weapon, they removed the ability to trade them at all, so I can't grind in-game in any way shape or form for them, so, to basically be effective in PvP, you HAVE to donate hundreds of dollars, or stick around for well over a year, and that's just for ONE character. On a PRIVATE server, while you have to endure getting shit on for forever and a day until you start to get a respectable amount of gear like 2/3 of the way through the year, and then you can start winning SOME fights after having to repeatedly die for waaaaaaay to long.

I can grind a good starter set for arena-ing (and I arena over the 2k ratings, before lolubad scrubs come in) in WoW in about a week or so. About a week now and I don't have a single piece of PvP gear, as anything even decent requires you to vote, or have hundreds of medals, making a set 100s of 100s of billions if I were to have to farm them all, it's really, REALLY stupid. I'm having fun with my friend for now, but I don't see us being able to stay a really long time with the stupidity of this set-up.

4. FallenPreacher

FallenPreacher Proficient

i find it ridiculous to donate that much money on a private server, as it might close in any moment and then what u paid for was just a waste of money

4 people like this.
  5. pinkfx

pinkfx Expert

:( im upset now

6. Crusher

Crusher Expert

I didn't read the whole topic but i have to say that people are complaining a lot about this subject.

PVP GEAR? why do u need it?

I palyed a long time full anuhart with npc AP jewlery and i did very well!

I play pvp a lot and i have to say that u dont need full abg to own a lot of people. Must of players dont really use their char in correct way in pvp. If u are good to pvp the equip really dont make diference.

Of course u will lose if u find a ABG geared enemy that knows how to play, but that is so rare that dosen't even bother me!

So, get your anuhart gear (+15 with GS) + pvp jewlery+ pots,foods,scroll and L2P!

They had to make ABG untradeble or they would lose the donations. I dont donate cuz its on dollar and the coin of my contry is like 2.3 times weaker then dollar. Too expensive for me!

U dont need full ABG, u will get it eventualy by voting. I got mine like 2 weeks ago... and im kicking ass.

The most important thing is to learn how to fight each class!! Read in foruns, try to duel more and u will see that u can own without pvp gear!

C.U.

2 people like this.
  7. Sanctus

Sanctus Banned

imo abg gear was a bad idea to introduce in the first place. its just too OP.

I think we should've left it at EAT/EGT sets =\

1 person likes this.
  8. Emb

Emb Proficient

duels is one thing, but in 3v1 where abg can let you tank it and save ur life, anuhart will not cut it.

But yes i see people do just FINE with anuhart armor and voted for their abyss accessories. In fact the 30 abyss ones don't even require medals and they pack a punch. As for medals on this server, silvers are tradeable and well golds aren't too hard to obtain if you keep an eye out for fortresses being opened.

Bottom line

Blame the dupers and multi acc voters who abuse the server

9. Bakulaw

Bakulaw Proficient

Sorry to Say but this is Absurd !!! Absurd !!!

you stated that for someone whos playing for 3 months is nearly impossible to achieve an ABG set ?

Do the Math , in 3 months you might have full ABG set + any Misc you might Love to decorate your char or buy as many Enchantment stone :D

Go Seige and get Medals , Atleast lv 40 elite set ...tho 50 is better = alil dif with lv 55 abg . . . Dont stick with your anuhart if you hate it , move your ass instead of wasting 30 mins ? 40 ? of your life filling it with drama and with grudge while writtin this thread. . .

Hard Work = Success or maybe 50% succes atleast you have some thing :p

GoodLuck m8 , Be patient & Work Hard <3

10. yihengren

yihengren Well-Known Member

humm...

u need ppl to donate or this sever for pew pew....

and "where is the balance in that"

My question for yah is:

Would you donate $300 dollars worth of gear and get pwned by an anuuhurt set? No! right? So yah. This is p server for yah-_-

11. CoolStoryBro

CoolStoryBro New Member

Easy to tell this guys spent quite a lot of money, and also missed the point of the thread. Sure, if you're that desperate (or perhaps rich) to donate even $100 for some virtual items, then you'd want to feel more advantageous than others, but to the point where it just breaks the game for the rest of the majority who just wants to play a balanced, MMO? Think.

Anyways, I agree with the OP as a fairly new player as well.

There's been countless times where I've found no point in even trying to put "skill" into pvping because a "1, 2" spam from the other player would outright destroy me .

Although this is also contributed by the fact that stigmas/advanced stigmas are readily available upon leveling, the donor gear counts for this quite a lot.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  12. Chokolaticoco

Chokolaticoco Expert

carl and alente got bills to pay thats it! :smile:

1 person likes this.
  13. Kentiah

Kentiah New Member

And plenty of other servers make their payments while having a balanced donation system with items that everyone can get, not shit that costs $300.

Also, that kid that said in 3 months you could have the entire ABG set, you're retarded. A years worth of votes was 36,500 points @100 points a day.

1 person likes this.
  14. Speeeedy

Speeeedy Proficient

too long to read....

1 person likes this.
  15. bangout

bangout Proficient

exactly. staff is just greedy and it hurts most for newcomers, which are essential for every server so after a while this server will just extinct.

1 person likes this.
  16. Kiwi

Kiwi Old Player (2010)

Donate or go Home !!!

1 person likes this.
  17. bangout

bangout Proficient

Haha that is gamez moto ;D

18. Kiwi

Kiwi Old Player (2010)

yeah man if my frends didn't help me get pvp gear back in 1.9 I would have been gone haha but yeah I stay here cuz of friends..

19. Crusher

Crusher Expert

No one agree with him... no one important.. so let's

[​IMG]

20. Optimusx

Optimusx Getting there

donators 90% are just noobs even with agb...so no need of pvp armor;o