1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

My experiences with trying to obtain decent pvp gear..

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by asphyxiate, Nov 9, 2010.

1. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Proficient

lol I am flat broke in RL right now and I don't go out saturday night ^ ^ so that option is not available to me either :) thx for your valuable insight on a way to get gear that will allow me to pvp without getting facerolled by a noob in full abg :)

lol

2. Kentiah

Kentiah New Member

As if he'll give you this. He obviously either knows how to use proxys or just has a dynamic IP and resets his router.

I'd say run a search against the IP he posted with if it's possible, but the server hasn't been up all day so chances are he's just gonna change IPs by then anyway.

3. Real_Royal

Real_Royal Proficient

if ur talking about how to get gears its simple
    1. donate
    2. vote
    3. by hard work
    4. do business
    5. make a quest ( u can get miragent set lvl 50 gears at sanctum ) ( inggison set lvl 55 set at inggison idk if its working now )

don't compare to people who donates be thankful to them for they are helping this server

4. Zaruna

Zaruna Proficient

And still crashes everyday. :crying:

5. bigbadbabybaboy

bigbadbabybaboy Expert

i'm just kinda reading this because the server is still down. i agree with the thread starter but then again there are reason why it has come to this, like abg/eat cant be traded anymore. the only abg i got is my weapon and 3 of my accessories but i think im doin ok in pvp. if a full abg players beats me then i would say he is a better pvper than me. now i forgot what to say next. damn.

i think you're right. it made me really think.

6. genjitodru

genjitodru New Member

Umm, have you even READ the thread? We know that those are the ways to get gear, but we want an armor set to be able to obtain that is even somewhat equivalent to ABG. We understand that donators keep the server alive, but so do we, the non-donators. Do you honestly think that without us, the server would survive? There would be a few donators running around on a server catering to only those who can donate often for gear, and no one else would be on. Do you know how insanely boring that would become?

We want a set of gear, it's okay if it isn't exactly like ABG, but it should still be able to hold it's own against ABG and be better than Anuhart and Fenris. We don't care if they implement it into a quest or something like that, just something to show us that this server isn't a pay to win server. If they want to allow ABG gear to be obtained from a dungeon or something of that sort, even better.

I apologize if that seemed rude, it's just that one should read the rest of the thread to obtain all the background information of what everyone is talking about so that when you post, you don't look like a blithering idiot. :unsure:

7. bigbadbabybaboy

bigbadbabybaboy Expert

i you want armors better than anuhart/fenris then go for mastarius.

craft scrolls, potions, balic items. there are many who are willing to trade their 2k creds for these items.

8. Kentiah

Kentiah New Member

Except that Mastarius still isn't going to be as good as a decent PvP set. +pvp% matters too much.

9. bigbadbabybaboy

bigbadbabybaboy Expert

well he wanted an armor better than anuhart/fenris... not ABG.

10. Luthien

Luthien Getting there

ETA isn't as hard to get its just not eternal. I think the pvp % is like -1%, I could be wrong.

11. Farlen

Farlen Getting there

Getting anything besides Anu on Lumiel is impossible through server alone, so the difference in strength is immense to anyone who has ABG. But then again its not a big deal cus no one on Lumiel can really get it, 300 bucks or assault a fortress yourself or a small group.

12. Devien

Devien Expert

I know alot of people whos full abg now yet did not donate even a cent. You just have to have the ability to get it. I dont know w/ the whole untradeable thing right now but when it was 1.9.0.3. All it takes is being good in trades.

13. Farlen

Farlen Getting there

10 days of voting you get a piece, so 110 days you get the full set (with accessories and a weapon), just voting.

14. bigbadbabybaboy

bigbadbabybaboy Expert

i was able to trade my 2k creds for a +15 EAT plate set before but i can't really use it now since i don't play my gladiator anymore.

15. genjitodru

genjitodru New Member

Sure, Mastarius is good, but we will still constantly get owned by ABG users, why not give us some PvP defense too? That will at least give us a chance to defeat ABG users. Why do the donators and JUST the donators get the instant win gear just because they donated money? Sure, they help support the server, but shouldn't we get something too other than a measly 10 credits per vote? Do you know how long it takes to get 2k credits let alone 10k for a Mastarius set? Let me tell you, long enough to get frustrated and rage quit because you keep getting killed by someone who donated for gear that is unbeatable and severely over powered. I know this thread isn't about how over powered ABG is, but that is still a gigantic factor in how we view the PvP factor of this PvP server. At the moment, it's mediocre. The staff could do a better job by giving all the players, not just the donators, some sort of equality. This way, more people would PvP and lead to this server actually being known as a great PvP server with a thriving PvP community, not just an okay server with a community that PvPs occasionally, and when the community does PvP, the donators dominate everyone else. That just doesn't seem very appealing to me or anyone else who is not able to donate. Sure, most people who already have ABG would not be able to understand our plight and why we feel this way, they are too mesmerized with the power at their hands due to their ABG set. Let me tell you, I have PvP'ed many times with my Ranger and my Assassin too. I have +PvP Defense and +PvP Attack gear on them, but guess what - even with my stunlock, which works very well on anyone with equivalent gear, the ABG users never seem to die. They always break out of the stunlock astonishingly quickly and 3/4 shot me. Even when I go up against Sorcerers, who are supposedly supposed to have the lowest defense of everyone. Tell me, where is the balance in that? We want to be treated as equals, not just some freeloaders who help bring a larger base to the server and make it look all special and cool. Don't even get me started on Abyss gear. Obtaining Abyss gear in this game, especially Abyss gear that requires gold/platinum medals is cripplingly annoying. Platinum medals are non-existent and the Gold medals are untradable.

As for those who say that we can buy Mastarius gear by crafting, have you looked at the Barter Boards recently? The amounts of Kinah being offered for 2k credits is absurd. The offers range from 100b-900b. Do you know how long it would take to farm that much Kinah? Sure potions and scrolls are good ways to make money, but the sheer amount of scrolls you would need to make in order to obtain a Mastarius piece is mind boggling. Most people do not have the time to gather those many materials without botting, an illegal act. I would much rather try my hand at grinding thousands of monsters for a chance at a piece of good PvP gear rather than gather for days on end, and then craft for hours on end, at least killing monsters is fun.

Ten days for a piece of ABG gear? What world are you living on? You get 100 credits a day if you vote twice. That's at least 20 days per piece. There's also a personal life and human error to factor in to that equation which means that everyone can't vote twice a day every day. It takes a hell of a lot longer than 110 days to get the full set by voting. If you weren't talking about ABG, I apologize, forget I said all that.

Wow, I write pretty big blocks don't I? Just goes to show you how much I have to say about the topic.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  16. Kentiah

Kentiah New Member

Uh, 50 points per 12 hours = 100 points a day, definitely 20 days for one piece.

And even then, that's sticking with just one character for 220 days.

17. Farlen

Farlen Getting there

Make a smaller wall of text please XD. Could just come to Lumiel and everyone has Anu >.>

and yes i figured it doing 1k not 2k e.o.... been a long day for me

18. genjitodru

genjitodru New Member

I've been to Lumiel before. Everyone there was a total douche to me. They wouldn't respond to me when I talked or even asked a question. Other than that, based on what I've seen, Lumiel is pretty much a ghost town, err, ghost land.

19. Farlen

Farlen Getting there

thats cus we get a lot of new people who cant keep up with Siel and A LOT of questions. And people are always douchebags online

20. AdamantiumZ

AdamantiumZ Expert

Its Private server... His server.. u Whine like a noob..
    Anuhart players can kill an ABG guy with...

1.Skills
    2.Ping
    3.Strategy

AND URE NOT A NEW PLAYER.. U PLAYED FOR 3 MONTHS? AND MULTI VOTING ACCOUNT? AND NOW WHINING? SO U WANT IT TO BE TRADEABLE SO YOU CAN TAKE ALL THE ABG FROM ALL UR MULTI VOTING ACCOUNT IN THOSE TIMES? BEAT IT U SUX!

Ure more noob.. ive seen so many post from you and all i saw is Trash post...so yeah.. beat it noob.. P.s U whine ALOT TOO! haha

LOLZ!~~~~ sanctus i think if u have the ability to check some of these posters IP u can find they are the same guy i suppose.. and all the posters got super less post count.. like Zero.. haha.. Troller