1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Economic re-stabilization

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by poofiecn, Nov 18, 2010.

1. poofiecn

poofiecn Proficient

THE PROBLEM

Currently, as you all know, the value of kinah in the game is diminishing. Scrolls sells upward to 100m a piece, 2k credit selling for 500b, petal dyes selling for 3b... etc. Why?

The idea is very simple, there is more money coming into the economy than out. An example of money coming in would be: people grinding and selling the items they acquire or actually picking up the gold from each mob (500k/mob I found out from the ones in Igginson), kinah hacks, or the repercussions of previous hacks.

Now as of currently, the two major outflows of kinah I can think of are: 1) the purchase of supplements and 2) talking in racial chat. These kinah dumps are not effective enough in keeping the value of money high. Not enough people talk in all chat, and the prices of supplements are relatively low.

Buying scrolls, credit, consumables, remodels simply relocates the kinah to someone else's possession, it does not remove it from the economy.

THE SOLUTION

Kinah wipes will do no good. It will not remove the core problem. We need an effective way to remove kinah from the economy and here are my propositions:

1) Dye shop: 500mil a piece
    2) Enhancement shop: 150mil per lvl 66
    3) Remodel shop: random unique remodels: ???
    4) Increased cost of armsfusion, teleport scrolls (not teleporting), potions, power shards, kisks, and basic foods.
    5) Increased cost of supplements
    6) Decreased kinah droprate / kinah sell amount of items (from Bowtox)
    and...
    7) 10m per duel... :] jk.

QUESTIONS

1) What about the low level players who can't afford those items? Dyeing armor, remodeling items, enhancing items, buying potions/scrolls/kisks will not affect players THAT MUCH. there are no necessities to these items. They can choose to farm for enhancement stones themselves, or find the petals for dyes. They can learn a profession such as alchemy to earn kinah, somethings that is very easy to do.

2) What about wiping high level items and resetting items based on account history? While this could work, there are many problems associated with it including: people who earned their items legitimately, the time and effort it requires, wiped logs? a NPC that sells items such as the ones mentioned above would not have these problems and is much easier to implement.

3) Your idea is stupid, won't preventing dupers/scammers and wiping kinah put the economy back in normalcy? As I am currently informed, duping exploitations have been fixed. And also again, resetting kinah will do nothing. It will simply be a short term solution to the overlying problem. Kinah inflation will bounce back within a short amount of time if the input of kinah is greater than the output.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
    3 people like this.
  2. Asins

Asins Expert

are you out of your mind? :DDDDD

lol.. lololol...

and u think your SUGGESTIONS will solve the problems?
    1st fix duping stuff
    2nd kinah wipe

and the economy will be restarted..

One question for you to think: How do you think the newcommers and other normal people (non-riliionaires) will survive? Where do you think they could get the money ?

2 people like this.
  3. FuRiouS

FuRiouS Legendary Member

Dupping was fixed, just awaiting for an admin to have the balls to do the wipe ^^, im sure they are hesitating due to the mass QQ that it will bring haha.

4. zoudrix

zoudrix Getting there

agreed :pouty:

5. poofiecn

poofiecn Proficient

duping has been fixed before, wipes happened after duping was fixed.

now look @ where we are. You're not solving the problem with wipes.

One question for you to think: How do you think the newcommers and other normal people (non-riliionaires) will survive? Where do you think they could get the money ?

newcomers get the money for what? dyes, teleport scrolls, potions, kisks, remodel items, supplements?

1) they don't need to dye their armors or remodel them.
    2) potions, kisks, enhancements, supplements are all luxuries
    3) they can learn a profession such as alchemy and start selling scrolls, easily obtainable in 1 day.

6. xhampagne

xhampagne Well-Known Member

scrolls' price rocketed high because it is very hard to farm
    crafting materials nowadays :(

7. Melforce

Melforce Sneaky Lil Shit Forum Legend

If the NPC that sells mat still stays,scroll prices will go down to as low as 500k per piece,and balic items wont go up to 1k/2k credits no more

Leave the NPC there

Set a kinah cap

1 person likes this.
  8. Asanka

Asanka ~watching over you~

I suggest to wipe all items/kinah and refund credits according to purchase history on site. This way donators can re-buy their stuff if needed (duped abg will be removed too).

But they never listen to me.

edit: npc selling mats was never intended to be there (it kills the opportunity for new players to make kinah via crafting).

3 people like this.
  9. Kentiah

Kentiah New Member

Wiping all items? Now that's kinda stupid. Dunno about other people but I'd be out if that happened. I can handle Kinah but not my items.

1 person likes this.
  10. maneta

maneta Lesbian Forum Legend

Amazing althoug the history was wiped out a few bunch of times!

11. poofiecn

poofiecn Proficient

not hard to farm with a sin. i farm mats very easily actually.

and now that bundle items ACTUALLY WORK, it'll be even easier to make scrolls...

anyways, making/selling scrolls does not help the economy. it just pisses the newcomers off who can't afford them is all.

12. Asanka

its a suggestion (my personal opinion).
    Not like it is going to happen anyway.

13. poofiecn

poofiecn Proficient

I've thought of this too, and it is actually a very good idea. only problem is the history has been wiped, plus it is a lot of trouble to do.

implementing npcs to sell luxury, almost non-benefiting items, that are heavily consumed is the only realistic option next to a kinah wipe--which will do nothing but prolong the inflated economy.

14. Bowtox

Bowtox Proficient

What about peope that bought abg by other means?

15. veltis

veltis Getting there

HOOOOOLY SH*T!!! I SOOO TOOOOTALY AGREEEE!!! specially the reset everything and refund credits part! we all have purchase history right... the problem is, what about those who worked their asses to earn elite items...:w00t:

16. maneta

maneta Lesbian Forum Legend

I do not! i bough many many credits using kinah so i dont agree and if they do that gamez will die! like a little kid.. DOnt put your hopes in there.

17. veltis

veltis Getting there

oh and yeah them too...so that makes it complicated...lol:w00t:

18. Minaki

Minaki Minahime~

lose their items.. QQ.. and leave...
    Quite a great idea... But takes such a long period to check all of accounts info and re-add credits, besides there's also history wiped, as someone mentioned above....

19. Asanka

Gold medals are easily obitaiable if you participate in fortress sieges. I dont see any problem with EAT items at all.
    Plus those who did many mini transactions (bought dyes/stones for voting points) will be able to afford some decent equipment.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

wiped does not mean there are no logs for them.

20. Michi

Michi New Member

I agree with you, because the system works in retail because there's a lot less kinah incoming from mobs and whatnot than here (not to mention duping) , so the prices of the npc's consumables and soul heals balance it out more than it does here. Hence, the massive inflation here since npc consumables are the same price.