1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Gamez Staff relationship with Clients

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by pinkfx, Nov 18, 2010.

?

are you satisfied with the Gamez staff and their support?

Poll closed Nov 30, 2010.
  1. yes

77 vote(s)
    30.3%
  2. no

177 vote(s)
    69.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tousen

Tousen 私はアメリカーノを話すこと Forum Legend

Don't trust people on the internet. -_-'

2. Bean

Bean Getting there

Moot, maybe I havent been here as long as you but that isnt the point. Not sure if you think my post was aimed at you or not but it wasnt so dont take it so personally and if you pick a fight with me you will get one and good one. I have a retail acct as well collector edition. Been playing since beta.

However, I will defend you on some of your points that there are ppl who see thru some of the crap gm's are pulling. I've seen to much as a gm myself. No i dont understand why a gm or moderator caught cheating isnt banned from game and title removed and ban from forum. No it doesnt show integrity in any way shape form or fashion. And yes, I think they just might be seeing how out of control gm's can ruin a server and bring it to an end.

So please save ur new comments for someone else.

3 people like this.
  3. Terrorized

Terrorized Beautiful Garbage Forum Legend

Lol :\ I can't trust everyone, but I'm still able to trust some. This is just the way I am, I love to put my trust in others.

4. pinkfx

pinkfx Expert

well said Mr Bean :]

5. Adieu

Adieu Respected Member

I don't wanna read through 25 pages, can someone sum up what I've missed? e.e

6. Diclonus

Diclonus Expert

At this point in time...51 believe they are fine.107 say they don't. I think we need some reforms.

7. Terrorized

Lol, there has just been some discussion about GMs, what's fair and what's not, etc. Also, a lot of trolling/flaming has been going on, so you haven't missed all that much.

8. Adieu

Adieu Respected Member

Ah an angry mob thread then? D:

9. pinkfx

pinkfx Expert

basically more people have agreed with the fact that some Gamez staff are not up to standards.

10. Terrorized

Basically, I was also being told off for putting in my input, Lol :\ It's sad.

11. Tousen

Tousen 私はアメリカーノを話すこと Forum Legend

be sure i didnt start trolling/flaming, i am a good boy. :happy:

12. Beastie

Beastie Banned

Someone made a thread asking for players input about staff. People posted and voted. There were a lot of flames. Thread got cleaned, people got warned/infracted. Things settled down and now things are mostly calm again with people posting what they think about the staff. The last 2 or 3 pages should be good enough for you to read.

13. Nicholas Mercer

Nicholas Mercer Getting there

It's pretty simple. Consider this. There's dozen of donators on this place, and we have an active membership of.. about 5000 people (Cut that down a bit for those who actively play online, and from that number, let's say 5 up to 8 percent are donators)

that makes, on a guessed calculation about 200 donators. now, even if these people would only make a donation of 5 up to 10 bucks, that'd be enough to PURCHASE a server (from which onwards there are relatively small costs). Even if they rent servers for this, I highly doubt the expense exceeds 600-700 bucks a month.

Now, consider this. This place is running since several months now, and the donations made far exceed the 5-10 bucks each donator. Infact, I'm pretty sure this is a self running business through which quite some money is made.

Naturally that is stuff that's probably not told to anybody, nor will it ever be admitted. That'd be suicide on a 'free' community that takes donations 'solely' for server maintanance.

Now, pretty much, whoever owns this server, is having a great time because people pay him a crazy amount of money, and he has nothing more to do then to employ VOLUNTEERS who don't get a single cent.

Knowing all this, do you really think that the admins of Gamez really 'care'? sure, you have the few volunteering admins that sacrifice their time to do this stuff because they enjoy playing the game, But in the end, they wont care that much. With each donation made you've successfully done your job, considering this community has a steady income of members. Should the intake on this server become lower then it's expenses, you can be sure that this place will close down and the owner will either retire, spend the money, or make a new server on a new game with the same business model.

Before any naysayers jump here and try to tell me i'm pulling this out of my hat. The 'Free 2 play /Donations for extras' model has made people earn MILLIONS of dollars on private WoW servers. Blizzard had a wide campaign against stopping all people that used their game to make money off of it.

so, really. are you that surprised nobody cares about you? You've already done your job. you've given your money, to them, for essentially nothing. They don't need you anymore.

3 people like this.
  14. Terrorized

No no Donate, you're actually well behaved.

15. Moot

Moot I be dat Nurple Forum Legend

amazingly well put and i would like to hire you to be my own personal president of the mooty states. +1

16. Diclonus

Diclonus Expert

I'm not. :devil:

17. maskedbr

maskedbr Respected Member

52 players have no one to talk in real life and come to forum to talk =D
    gms are not boring every one know it.. but they are not doing their job...

18. pinkfx

pinkfx Expert

the greatest thing is that there are soo many flyers from both elyos and asmo in gelk and ingisson... what happened to these people.. jailed.. i;ve already uploaded a image of one of the flyers yet hes doing it again..

ill be completely honest some of the GM's are as useful as a wooden frying pan.

19. Adieu

Adieu Respected Member

I'm just gonna vote yes because it's not fair to say the whole staff is doing a bad job when I know some of them actually care or try..

In the end, I don't think the underlying problem is the 'staff' but maybe, just a certain member of staff... I wonder why things used to not be like this in the first place~
    :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

20. Moot

Moot I be dat Nurple Forum Legend

i never thought your post was aimed at me at all, i didnt take offence to it either.
    you not being here that long has everything to do with it and while i'd like to believe your first post was true, it just simply isnt. and only a gamez veteran can understand that. you're right about one thing... the integrity of the gamez staff can and will continue to be soiled completely just because of one person

but like that other guy said

once they have your money, they're done with you, your problems mean nothing so unless you offer more to the gm's to do their job, you can expect nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.