1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Gamez Staff relationship with Clients

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by pinkfx, Nov 18, 2010.

?

are you satisfied with the Gamez staff and their support?

Poll closed Nov 30, 2010.
  1. yes

77 vote(s)
    30.3%
  2. no

177 vote(s)
    69.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frenemy

Frenemy Banned

Don't lose ur hope mate :wink:

Im sure by the time I get back Gamez will be different, just have a little faith... There are enough good Staff members who can make this community better. Of course community should help too and support Staff
    :sideways:

2. nestan814

nestan814 New Member

food for thought:

those who voted yes are probably the staff members who dont want to lose their status. :whistling:

3. Aegis

Aegis Guest

When my title is 'tries too hard' and I've screamed please remove it and I currently carry (at current prices, bought most of my gear BEFORE everything was reduced with introduction of ABG) at least $300 of donations to the server.

No, I'm PISST to be frank.

4. MzBella

MzBella Respected Member

Not me. I didn't vote.

5. Beastie

Beastie Banned

you act like this one poll is going to decide the fate of every single staff member here

6. nestan814

nestan814 New Member

seems like your the one who's acting like it is. :surprised:

7. MzBella

MzBella Respected Member

Oh boys.... stop... lmao haha

8. Aegis

Aegis Guest

[youtube]Eobuu-IexvI[/youtube]

9. nestan814

nestan814 New Member

you sure do try too hard. :pinched:

10. Aegis

Aegis Guest

Getting that link and posting it took a matter of 7 seconds o.o;

Just because I take more than 3 seconds to think of a reply =/= even trying xD

11. nestan814

nestan814 New Member

so you're waiting for moments like this to post that link?

12. Aegis

Aegis Guest

Actually when you accumulate enough knowledge of many things, professional and downright-stupid, then you can access (very quickly) the most wonderful of things.

So both yes/no... I just remember seeing it months ago and thinking "ohh this would fit" in this situation.

Aside from that gg at trying to troll me sir o_o

13. nestan814

nestan814 New Member

Lol. But you still try too hard. :pinched:

14. Aegis

Aegis Guest

Aegis: Cause me not trying at all is you're trying too hard. Give up and surrender all your bases!

[​IMG]

15. Beastie

Beastie Banned

yep, you got me, ever since this thread has been made Ive been scared ****less over the fear of being demoted

oh and BTW I didnt even vote

16. nestan814

nestan814 New Member

17. Adieu

Adieu Respected Member

Don't worry the don't ninja dem......

Well actually.. Edi said they don't plan on demoting anyone. Especially for this thread ;P

18. Daven

Daven Proficient Forum Legend

I'll be more than happy to show you all my donation logs to PROVE that I donated for my gear. Gm's do not in ANY way shape or form get any special treatment. ZERO. We do this for 100% free. We are VOLUNTEERS, and basically are working community service. We have no way to add items, as only Admin level accounts can dye or add items. The only things we can actually do is ban, jail, port and summon. That's in a nutshell. Now onto the main subject.

--------------------------------

Many of you may not know me, as I wasn't the most active in posts on the forums before I became a GM. Many of our staff has real-life jobs or school they attend which may be why you may or may not see them active around and about due to timezone differences. Myself I am not active till after 5PM PST Time-zone this being due to my real job. Many of you expect the GMs to be on 24/7. I understand you may have in-game issues and really want it taken care of, and when no GM is online to help you it's frustrating. I totally agree, it is frustrating to need help and it's not around. But is it REALLY necessary to say the whole staff team, aside from a few I noticed mention is doing a horrible job? Even though I work a full-time job I still manage to log on to answer questions for 3+ hours a day. While that's not as active as most would want it's still doing my part to help players who have issues.

Rather than bash the whole staff community, look at all sides of the situation. The players don't see everything going on in-game such as bans, jails and fixing character un-stucks. It is in my personal opinion that the current active staff does well for people who are volunteering their time for free to help players who are also playing here with no obligation to pay.

Really guys I know your frustrated with the lack of help, and maybe we do need more GM's hired for different time-zones to get even more player support. All I'm really asking is not to bash the community as a whole, and claim things about them all when you really don't know the whole story. Some of you do know things, but that isn't a reason to talk badly about those of us who devote our time to help you players.

Your all a great community and I am glad to be a part of it, and I hope to assist in your issues in the future to come. If you wish to speak to me about anything your more than welcome to send me a PM. Whether it's an issue in-game or just to chat. I will answer your PMs.

-Daven.

19. blinky

blinky Proficient

I think the way situations are remedied is flawed. You have a single person among a sea of thousands with issues, and that person is doing their best to stand out from everyone else for attention from a GM. When they don't get picked, they get pissed off, or worse. That's most likely the reason the staff is being rated down heavily.

Would a report page on the forum be an option, where as GM's would attend issues in the order that they are received? If they aren't logged here, with sufficient evidence, the issue can't be serviced.

In that type of situation, it's organized, the community knows what to expect, the GM's know whats coming down, and it could improve things around here I would think.

Right now, I'm betting that GM's are responding to first, friends, noteworthy people, and then the squeeky wheel. Everyone else kind of gets pushed aside. Don't get me wrong, I would take care of those closest to me as well, because that's how it works, and those that ***** the loudest. Those that are on the back burner, many do not hear.

Just a suggestion.

20. pinkfx

pinkfx Expert

I am not expressing hatred towards you or anybody, im expressing concern towards those that are ruining the experience of Gamez, when i first joined this private server network. my first impressions are 'Wow this is awesome!' i slowly slotted into the community, there are those that dislike, there are those that like me. i, myself have got a job, i study full time on my degree whilst doing other courses. my job isn't exactly the most easiest job as im a Chef, im only 22 and personally think i'm doing well for myself. this community helps Gamez make the experience. the experience of hard PvP'ing, excitement, laughter and fairness.. even though there are times. but this fairness has gone out of the window. Many people like myself has tried to contact a GM in the past regarding something of importance, yet we have been told to contact somebody else. it's bit like calling up a call centre, frustrating.
    i doubt alente wants to receive masses of PM's regarding matters that varies in size, there many other GM's that should be able to handle that.
    he is the main guy behind this operation, and deserves a bit of slack, if there were 2000 requests a day for the GM's then you need 1 GM to every 100 requests.

its a shame that your 'boss' is threatening to keep me quite by taking away my posting priveledges.. this clearly states something very well.. along of the lines of "keep quiet or ill ban you" well.. you have to ban me if you think im going to keep quiet because of your petty threats, i have donated yet you look like me as if im shit. says alot, i think Alente as CEO = a better place.

if i do get banned, then at least i know i've been banned for what i believe is right and that mine and others voice have been heard.

enjoy.

Dam

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.