1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Gamez Staff relationship with Clients

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by pinkfx, Nov 18, 2010.

?

are you satisfied with the Gamez staff and their support?

Poll closed Nov 30, 2010.
  1. yes

77 vote(s)
    30.3%
  2. no

177 vote(s)
    69.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moot

Moot I be dat Nurple Forum Legend

well we all know you invest time here, after all, your responses in this thread alone could fill the pages of a very very long novel.
    Yes, i bought two weapons, and donated here and there for random things. Im so guilty of supporting something that was once a fun place for me and my friends. silly me. what was i thinking.
    it hasnt always been a sinking ship. this thread was not made six months ago, it was made a week ago, when things just went from bad, to worse.
    i dont expect to be treated special, or get any kind of anything other then a server that is playable, and fun for everyone. if we deserve anything from spending money here, its at least that, and for you to sit there and say otherwise, makes you look stupid, because at one point, you felt the same exact way.
    im not like half the idiots here that came in when gamez fell apart and got used to it. i know the potential of this server and expect it to return to that, or shut down.

but please, dont invest any more of your precious time. im sure there's another forum somewhere that needs your expert trolling.

2. Fendhi

Fendhi Banned Forum Legend

You have a good point too! :biggrin: Well said!

3. MzBella

MzBella Respected Member

Moot always has good points. ;)

4. maneta

maneta Lesbian Forum Legend

Both have their points. Very divergent opinions but both true. Now we can only wait a good or a bad judgment from the right ppl.

5. turkonjavla

turkonjavla Expert

lol funny thread does who are u calling gms are just players liek us but they just have teh right to bann ... ah i am os borred my 300 post ahha cool idk shouldi play darksiders ,star wars the force unleashed or i like it really much dragon age origins and dragon age awakening it is so coll with all dlc i have ahha

6. Mercykiller

Mercykiller Well-Known Member

I'd like to think that the forums will be here after Gamez Aion shuts down. Of course, I don't see how one can invest anything in a forum. Most of my posts are in hot spam, I don't even get post count... what could I possibly be investing here? I'm passing time here, to be sure, but that's not nearly the same thing as investing time and effort in say, getting better equipment for my character.

Well then I'd say you got more than enough value for your money, tbh. I don't suppose you're saying ~40 bucks should last forever?

I stand by what I said, tbh. I'm not defending the system. I'm defending the people who volunteer to do this job and get treated like shit from both sides: The community on one side, and the admins on the other.

Of course, I'm totally trolling with my "All good things come to an end" mentality. Grow up, please. If you're so sick with the server, there are alternatives. ~40 bucks isn't an investment you're going to regret walking away from. Or feel free to accuse the GMs of being 100% accountable for everything that's wrong with the server. Just don't say that you're trying to help the server go back to being great.

7. Teddie

Teddie Expert

This thread is still up? With 65% people unhappy with the staff of gamez?

Hm, wonder what's going to happen o_o

8. maneta

maneta Lesbian Forum Legend

NU idea.... probly nothing. Those kind of threads were already made, were closed cause of spam / troll / and other less pleasent situations.

We hope for a good decition. If they think the situation is good as it is. We will have to bear with it.

9. blinky

blinky Proficient

There could be negative indirect consequences should the owner shut down the server, something to consider.

Under CC policy, those that have used Paypal to donate, have upwards of 12 months to file a dispute to recover payment, should the servers get shut down. Should that dispute come from the financial institution, into Paypal, Paypal will 100% side with the financial institution, reversing the payment. Paypal has a no fight policy when directives come from a financial institution, unless you can provide shipping address and proof of a shipped item, and that's questionable.

Consider it 12 months of a buyers (donator) protection plan. I'm sure there will be people not happy spending money for their items, only to find out the servers are shut down and the buyer is left holding the empty sack.

I'm just saying, for every action, there is a reaction. For those that don't know, this could be a real nightmare if former customers impliment this protection in mass numbers should the server get shut off.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  10. Mercykiller

That policy doesn't apply for donations on a private server.

11. Bean

Bean Getting there

Hi Blinky, would define financial institution for me according to paypal. Just curious here.

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

Mercy, one thing u should know is that paypal doesnt play gamez rules or need gamez. Gamez signed their contract. Still im not sure about the financial institution thing.

12. Koomz

Koomz Metal-head!!! \m/ Forum Legend

I don't think it works that way. They accept donations and they give you incentives in return. You're not actually "buying" anything from them.

13. blinky

blinky Proficient

I assure you, it won't be processed like that and it will be reversed. I've seen it done over and over since early 2007 across thousands of transactions.

I run a forum with 15x the membership of that here, and I see it daily. I know the process well, because of the type of people we have to deal with, and we have to counter their activity to help protect the general membership there. You actually have to do things differently to counter their so called, policy. Their policy, really doesn't help many people. You can check out paypalsucks.com, if it's still active, to read the horror stories.

Paypal has nothing to do with an individuals ability to protect funds. They only mediate between two individuals in event of a dispute. When it comes to CC entities, they have statistical numbers they choose to comply to, which is why they roll over when told by the financial institution. It's unfair, but the way it is.

14. Moot

smoke and mirrors mercy. continue not investing anymore of your time.

15. Mercykiller

I have no idea wtf you just said, all i know is that you have ~3 months to refund a donation, or so I've been told.

16. Bean

Bean Getting there

It sorta does work that way but it may not apply to this situation and I dont believe a donater/customer has 12 months. Unless they changed the rules. Also, it is a wonderful way to get banned here. And to tell you the truth I dont blame gamez. Far and square you donate and are told up front that you ar owed nothing. End of story. Now Carl and no one else can help your motive for donating.

17. Mercykiller

For someone who's QQing about having invested in a sinking ship, you sure are loathe to stop.

18. Moot

for someone who thinks they're smart enough to contend with me you sure do sound like a 14 year old forum nobody.

19. Mercykiller

Orly? Who're we talking about again? <_<

20. blinky

blinky Proficient

Well, I wouldn't be endorsing opening a dispute, not in the least. I'm just saying there are people that both game the system, and those that are legitimately pissed, that would test the process. If you know the process, you will get your donation returned with 100% certainty.

A wise individual tries to anticipate what is possible, and I'm just saying that a flash of disputes "could" arise if the servers shut down. It's not to my benefit to know/share this, I'm only sharing it for those that are unaware, mainly staff or the owner.

Just be aware, that's all I'm saying. It's not to say it will even happen, but is possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.