1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[Feedback] So players, help us out.

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by JazzCard, May 29, 2010.

1. Carnaticum

Carnaticum New Member

I second, third, fourth the more events, also the alternate events like bosses attacking town etc sound like an interesting concept. If there was an ingame channel that you could get a GMs attention with, that'd also be nice.

Overall for a private server, this is a very decent one, I live in Australia and have not had many issues with lag etc. of course, there is going to be some. I am however at the moment, bugged and outside the map in Morheim.. which keeps closing Aion due to being in a restricted zone.. but as you said, you're not developers.

2. Kin

Kin New Member

Well for my 2 cents i really like what you gm's done with the sever and i like that the gm's are active and do thing like events and come online just 2 answer people questions

3. Rg9400

Rg9400 Banned

I recognize it, and am saying that stigmas will help balance PVP out. I do not understand why you guys turn a blind eye to this. Unbalanced PVP and we are missing the most crucial element of PVP from AION...

4. Misael

Misael Getting there

I'm not saying they are OP coz of stigmas but because of their natural damage, 2k normal hits crits... come on. Also templar has 9k HP unbuffed, gladi has the same ammount and deals 700 more damage, shield block in this server is crap, defense isn't properly working, assassins with blessing of health reaches 8k, still they are effed because they are ubber bugged, chanters can stunlock you to death, spiritmaster's summons are missing way too much, sorc's skills can't be interrupted, ranger's damage is effed, cleric is... fine.
    So much to do! Gladi>Chanter>Cleric>SM>Sorc>Ranger>Templar>Assassin
    Any questions?

5. Rg9400

Rg9400 Banned

I have not played retail, but on the other private servers most of this was the same. The only difference was that they all used stigmas, LIMITING the buffs a gladi could use. I mean a gladi could pick up slaughter and berserking and UD, but then he'd need snare and lockdown and crip cut and draining blow...our damage is so high because we are not meant to do all of this. These skills were created in the mindset that they would not all be used at once. And now you see what happens when they are. With UD working, this server will become all gladi unless they fix stigmas. It will limit their power AND help make PVP more customizable and fun.

6. Misael

Misael Getting there

You always played servers with this stupid emulator, that's why.

7. Aegis

Aegis Guest

imo I agree, I know many people on both sides that have rerolled gladiator (or templar in some cases) just because of this new patch.

But onto more things I feel like limiting stigma's would increase diversity.. no more sorcs with both sleeping stor3m and flame spray, no more rangers with infinate pew pew's >.>, no more clerics with godmode heals and pewpew turret of despair, etc.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  8. Misael

Misael Getting there

There would be more Templars if their HP wouldn't be effed.

9. Daisuko

Daisuko Banned

Umm... They are created to be used all at once.

Slaughter is intended to be on at all times. UD is 1:30 with 3m cooldown. Intended to be used at strategic points because it's only up 50% of the time. Berserk is likewise 30s with 3m cooldown.

Any gladiator with half a brain would have their stigmas set up to include ankle snare, UD, slaughter, and lockdown. The rest are mostly personal taste.

10. Rg9400

Rg9400 Banned

And while the emulator is far from perfect, it is not a quick fix. Stigma skills are, and they will bring some MUCH NEEDED balance to PVP for a while. Then the devs can fix these bugs. Those other servers had balanced PVP (jsut not many people) even with this emulator. Thus, they need to fix this. No reason that you should disagree.

11. Daisuko

Daisuko Banned

I agree, but you're also retarded.

Stigma skills being added will nerf gladiators less than pretty much any other class.

12. Misael

Misael Getting there

Rg, Stigma skills aren't the problem, Base character status is.

13. Rg9400

Rg9400 Banned

Not with the rest of the stigmas. Most of the damage from a gladi's knockdown chain comes from the two skills, crip cut and draining blow. Sharp strike combo (adv) also provides some nice quick damage. Not to mention other skills that could be quite useful such as improved stamina. Simply put, it will help limit the damage. The same argument can be made for other classes also. Stigma skills were made in the intention that only 5 would be used at one time, not all of them. So how would letting us use all of them be smart?

14. Daisuko

Daisuko Banned

http://www.aionarmory.com/stigmaCalc.aspx?id=5#269:322:385:267:287:245:255:398

That's what gladiators should be using. Improved stamina and berserk are optional, but I would really only swap improved stamina for Earthquake wave.

What are you losing? prec. cut, sharp - severing, EQ wave, and SPC.

Prec cut sucks. EQ wave is rarely used. I never liked SPC.

Really, you're only losing Sharp - Severing. Which is an acceptable loss.

Everyone else loses MUCH more.

15. Aegis

Aegis Guest

Classical build I saw on retail, I can confirm that this would be a highly viable build.. while some may drop crippling cut or draining blow and ankle snare for precision cut this is very viable.

Sharp strike and vicious blow are gimped imo.. only useful if you want to do some quick damage (without any knockdowns) good if the target is in aerial hold sttate before crashing them down.

This isn't much of a loss compared to sorcerers with sleepstorm/flame spray... rangers with more attacks then rangers in retail would jizz in their pants for.. clerics with a 2 sec refresh ability and pew pew turret.. blind, etc, or even a templar.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  16. Daisuko

Daisuko Banned

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

SM, Sorc, Ranger, Chanter, Cleric, Templar... They all lose a LOT of skills.

Gladiator? not so much. Can't talk for assassin, never played one so I'm not sure how overpowering having all stigmas is.

EDIT : And as far as this server goes, you're in flight nearly 100% of the time. Crip cut and draining blow are useless since you can't use them in flight.

17. Vespane

Vespane Getting there

I think this server is hella better then revolution trust me i had a gm swear me out in say chat once and then i was banned because he didn't like the fact i disagreed with his "Opinion" on why hackers should be IP Banned.... i was the one who agreed with the IP ban btw.

At least the gms on this server aren't complete assholes. its ok to be an ass but to be a complete one is a different story lol Cus thats just un-productive :D.

Only thing i can suggest is increasing guards damage and hp, to keep the opposite races off of the spawn points, cus no one like res-erecting to get killed instantly. Granted it is your fault for binding there but from what i've seen with a big enough force its possible to camp any spawn on this server. That leads to really lame pvp cus no one can res and come fight again, its like shooting fish in a barrel, and i guarantee you someone will disagree with this post saying it shouldn't be fixed because they have been in one of those camping groups and got a bloated abyss score from shooting almost dead re-spawned players over and over. SKILL I TELL YOU that sounds like pure skill!! that was sarcasm.

1 person likes this.
  18. Framboise

Framboise Expert Forum Legend

Bleh - I say bring the normal stigma build's!
    I'm Sorc btw.
    I see sorce's they win 1 match every 5min's - Why? Because without BoQ they're worthless.

19. Korona

Korona Proficient

I think, judging from what I've read in the forums, the GM's priorities are misdirected. Events are great fun, don't get me wrong, but the priority should be cracking down on the hackers. Do the GMs have some sort of hidden mode to follow players and observe them? I think having some GMs strictly on Anti-Hacker patrol would be helpful.

20. Autumn

Autumn Banned

I'm speaking as a person who has several years of combined experience as a community manager, both as a forum administrator and a former game moderator for retail Shaiya.

From my observations, it would seem that the main problem players have with the GM team is a percieved issue with arrogance and power abuse. I haven't heard many good things being said about any of the GMs, and the bad things I hear tend to be related to drama. And certainly at least a few of the GMs are guilty as charged. For instance, Chlora used her GM powers yesterday to rally asmos during a Primum raid.

Your public image is something that has to be worked on. I would suggest trying to be more sociable. Randomly pop up in populated places and just have a chat. Pushing Carl to fix the global chat feature would help as well, so you don't always have to actually be near the croud to talk to them. Try to portray yourselves as easy to approach and easy to talk to. :)