1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The truth (Sanctus: Resigned)

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Sanctus, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sanctus

Sanctus Banned

Well seems I got fired before I had the chance to peacefully resign. Oh well the cat is out of the bag now isn't it? Since the departure of our much beloved Edixoid I've been deeply considering leaving myself.

Why? Well there is a number of reasons and its not something as shallow as "well he left, so I will too". Although that would be funny. No... I've been thinking for a long time about what it is to be an AM here at Gamez, and why things never change.

I realized that, no matter how far up a person goes in the 'chain of command' here at gamez, nothing can ever change. Some of you might think "Admins can do anything, with that fancy green name!" Sadly it isn't true.

I realized that getting a promotion to SeniorGM would let me handle a few more problems players have, and I'd be able to hold slightly more interesting events, but at best it would be a band aid and the real root of the problem wouldn't be fixed.

If I stuck with it long enough I might have even made HeadGM... and still once again as evidenced by Edixoid's attempts still powerless to get things done. Even Alente grappled with the same problem when he got his promotion to Admin over community manager.

More specifically this problem is the common denomonator to every good staff member at Gamez. I'm talking about Karissa.

As a Trainee or AM... we're limited in the amount of good we can do due to a severe lack of access , but mostly we have no channel to an admin who was available and had a vested interest in making improvements to the server.

As a Senior GM... you can handle more issues. Lost items and stuff. But in the end, can you really do anything for the greater good? No.

Even as a HeadGM Edixoid ran into the same problem. All his ideas, and suggestions for the betterment of the server fell on deaf ears. We all know how hard Edixoid worked and what a damn good job he did but in the end he left because he knew not even being a HGM would allow him to help the server.

Then we come all the way up to Admin. What happened to Alente? Well he got promoted to Admin. Apparently this was an unacceptable affront to Karissa and her ego. Someone obtaining an equal level of administrative power? Obviously that is unacceptable. I don't know how anyone missed it.

Alente got promoted, Karissa ninja-demotes him. Alente re-promotes himself, she demotes him again. Then she changes his user group from ceo to something else, and it goes back and forth. And his promotion was under the order of Carl, not her. Yet shes undermining the whole system? What is this?

The bottom line is this nothing will change, and no good will happen.

I was accused of corruption and power abuse. Anyone dense enough to believe that is ridiculously mistaken. It was not uncommon for me to bring my GM along to DP to help people out. As we all know on lumiel some of the bosses are still bugged where they can knock players through the map. Porting those players back to their groups is hardly considered powerabuse.

As far as accusations of me porting people to special places out of favortism is concerned this is wholly inaccurate as well. I had permission from HGM Edixoid at the time to port groups of event winners into the GM-portal room so they can choose special isntance oftheir choice as part of a prize for winning. It was a unique reward (aside from 25m kinah each) to explore parts of the game that no one else could. Edixoid will verify this if asked.

As a GM administering my events I could not help it if some of my legion mates won. I'm not going to exclude them from participation just because I know them. And no, they did not receive any special treatment just for being my friends.

What did I do specifically to get fired though? Well my last official act was to reverse the world's most ridiculous infraction against Edixoid that the forums has ever seen.

He was infracted for "double posting" when in fact all he did was post 2 unique messages, 30 seconds apart (as mandated by the server) which were auto merged together. The server has detection methods and fail safes in place to prevent actual double posting.

Who issued the fail warning? A MuMaster of all people. Why would a MuMaster be trying to moderate an English non-mu forum? No idea. Regardless my last act for the community was to stand up for Edixoid and I got fired for it. None of these other bullshit lies or reasons you might hear. If I'm going to get fired, at least I got fired for doing things right, instead of being lap dog.

Not everyone likes me here. I am fully aware of that. Since my first day on staff I was publicly hated and chastised. Still I continued to go on and do my best. As far as I know I am...or, rather, was... the only competent GM who cared about Lumiel, besides Adieu that is.

Oh, let me tell you guys about your favorite ex AM Adieu. First of all she was a damn good GM. Spent tons of time online, and always did her best to help people.

Why did she quit? Well thats a funny story. At the time Karissa and I were hanging out a bit. My brother and I were busy developing a Ragnarok Online server for Gamez (which Karissa destroyed in much the same way as GamezWoW).

So why was Adieu fired--er, why did she resign? Well Apparently Karissa was jealous o.o which makes no sense considering shes supposed to be dating Carl, right? And Adieu and I were no more at that point. Still some kind of weird girly "I hate every other girl ever" jealousy happened. Karissa shares with me that shes considering firing Adieu for lack on inactivity. This freaked me out and so I begged and my only chance to save her AM position was to try to talk Adieu into being even more active...which she took as a great offense (since the decision to fire adieu should've never been shared with me in the first place).

In the end she resigned because she felt unappreciated, by staff (read: Karissa). It wasn't fair. Adieu is much better than a lot of other current AMs, and way more dedicated.

I wont talk much more about this, as it is Adieu's story to share.

I won't go on too much though, other than saying that Gamez lost, and is going to lose some of its damned finest staff members due to this walking disease. I don't ask that you guys like me... but please consider what I've said.

But you guys want to see power abuse? Ok. When Kari and I were messing around playing (before she decided to hate on me) she used her admin powers to give my characters level 30 elite abyss gear sets (which were not obtainable at the time due to no silver medals on the server). She also gave another member 5000 free credits. She auto leveled my one of my legits, and one of hers to 55, auto leveled my brother to 30. Some time later, she was on a "admin" character that had no tag, was not in the AionMaster Legion, and was disguised as a legit character then starts Bombing people with Wrath of Developer for millions of damage saying they're not allowed to attack admins.

I've kept my damn mouth shut too long and I've been a pawn for too damn long. There is so much bogus bullshit going on here and there is nothing anyone can do to save it.

Lumiel is now left with the two least qualified GMs possible. Bellalicious who "wasn't hired for her aion knowledge" and Scyth, the GM who tells players to "QQ moar".

Good bye to your one GM who actually gave a shit and cared.

Oh, and If you guys lose Alente to this stupid bullshit, you'll know who to thank. That means no more updates, no more nothing.

In conclusion I'd like to direct your attention to this:
    [​IMG]

I'll be on Assumptio if anyone cares.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
    42 people like this.
  2. Lucent

Lucent Ghost in the shell of a former Drama Queen Forum Legend

Holy christ sir types-a-lot, care to make it into an essay instead of a novel?

:p

3. ericband

ericband Legendary Member

holy crap..... another good GM resigned ?????

and he types a lot :andy:

4. MrKallupit

MrKallupit Eds is back on the Server

im was very thankful to you sanctus for asnwering my question last day without knowing that your going to leave///but thank you

you post in my wall that it was not BAn

5. Sanctus

Sanctus Banned

I apologize, I know its a lot to read ):

6. Adieu

Adieu Respected Member

Demoted because she liked you more than me.

Throw all my dedication out the window over favoritism.

dot dot dot

3 people like this.
  7. Angal

Angal [AM]Karissa's Evil Kitty

can you make a dumb peoples version :(?
    i'd appreciate it.

8. Sanctus

Sanctus Banned

Nope, cause I know you aren't dumb. <3

9. Adieu

Adieu Respected Member

Also, inactivity?

lmgdmfao. Tell me where I was inactive, infact. Show me. Please.
    (not directed at you santus)

2 people like this.
  10. Sanctus

Sanctus Banned

I'm sorry... ... QQ
    We're both gone now. |:

11. genoxalmighty

genoxalmighty Expert

gms here has lots of dramas going around =D

12. xhampagne

xhampagne Well-Known Member

:( :'( oh my...

13. Ekzh

Ekzh B E W I L D Forum Legend

LOL Karissa is reading. Carefull >.>

14. Lucent

You mean this?
    http://forum.gameznetwork.com/showthread.php?t=35022&highlight=katrinika

Because wrath of developer is so subtle when used on "legit" characters made on GM accounts, guilded in < Saints >, instead of AionMasters.

1 person likes this.
  15. Sanctus

Sanctus Banned

16. Lucent

inb4 the truth is covered up because thats just what we do around here.

5 people like this.
  17. TheIndoCanadian

TheIndoCanadian Proficient

That was a nice read and i actually did read it all and im just gonna go with

wew.......

18. cozolinofly

cozolinofly Legendary Member

I am Tired and Bored of this karissa :annoyed:

19. Petals

Petals Proficient

Er, Not really. Sanctus was online more then you, sadly, since there was drama, there was could only be one. I couldn't really seperate you two.

20. Nhuktala

Nhuktala Expert

I believe you Sanctus.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.