1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Gm"s ive got a programming curiosity

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LightningKill, Jul 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LightningKill

LightningKill Proficient

I am a recent high school graduate and i am just curious on how to make a private server? i want to make one for another game and i just wanna see if i can do it and have it run smoothly ^_^

I am new to the whole idea and want to get a "jump start" on my programming career. . . . and programming studies. :pouty::wink:

I am new to this whole programming..........network thing so please make it as detailed as possible ^^

2. Vespane

Vespane Getting there

Meh

What your asking for is crazy bro sorry to put it in a nut shell would be the only way anyone could ever tell you, your expecting months of setup to be explained in one forum post o.o.... I suggest searching amazon.com for a instructional server book or pay someone who knows or take a class :pouty:

not to mention it can be completely based on what game or program your trying to host.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  3. kecimis

kecimis Proficient Forum Legend

Removed....

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2010
  4. Min0rity

Min0rity Proficient

It all depends on what game you want to try and make a private for. Each game has its own extensive programming code.

The best way is to join a private server that already has a core; Get the basics and understanding on how cores work and how to upgrade them. Once you get the basic knowledge of core development you can start to make your own.

5. nihilianth

nihilianth New Member

If you wanna make your own server I'd suggest searching for a core that already exists on assembla / bitbucket etc. Writing a core yourself may be better but it's too time-consuming imo. But if you have enough time for that project, you should at first decide what language ur about to use. For example, many WoW and L2 cores are written in C++(Ascent, MaNGOS) and C# (WCell). Also you will have to sniff shitloads of packets on the official servers + find out how the encryption works etc etc.
    Cheers
    Nihi

6. LightningKill

LightningKill Proficient

oh wow........dang..........thanks ^_^

7. kecimis

kecimis Proficient Forum Legend

Really bad suggestion. It would be just too time consuming and pointless when there is Aion Unique.

For more info google ragezone and aion unique, I would post you links, but its forbiden :/

8. nihilianth

nihilianth New Member

did you actually read mine and OPs post? He said the game that he wants to develop a core for isn't Aion. And I've already said that writing it from scratch is too time-consuming. Pointless posts ftw

9. abyssshun

abyssshun Proficient

revive revive

10. Adieu

Adieu Respected Member

having fun ;p?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.