1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

//pve command

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Elyios, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Elyios

Elyios Expert

Sorry if this has been requested before, but i couldnt find anything:

I think it would be nice to see a //pve command on gamez (i know that some other servers have it)...

In certain area's from your own faction (not abyss) and under certain circumstances (not while under attack, etc) you can use the //pve command to switch to pve mode. In PvE mode you cant attack or get attacked (by) the opposite faction.

This may stop that players constantly getting ganked at teleports, shrines, dp entrance, etc... and it also allows players to do more quests without having to worry of getting constantly killed.

2. Fantaros

Fantaros Banned Forum Legend

It's a pvp server..why should we need this command ?

3. Tankster

Tankster Expert

Cool idea, but I don't think it'll be done, being a PvP server and all.

4. Zee

Zee Banned

Wouldn't harm the server but w/ the current "DEV(s)" ~ Errr ... doubtful ~

5. Mystearica

Mystearica Proficient

People will find ways to exploit it IE: run and //pve

1 person likes this.
  6. Zee

Zee Banned

It's kinda sad but that's a fact... Players couldn't help abusing it somehow ... <_<;

7. Elyios

Elyios Expert

Real PvP players dont need to gank to get some kills and AP, but yet ganking happens all the time... are you sure this is a PvP server? :alien:

But there are still players who like to do quests so now and then, or do some essence-/aethertapping, without having to worry about getting killed (especially with all the excesive bug-abuse that is happening lately).

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

You dont need to be Einstein to find a solution for this. A good dev should be able to avoid this... with distance and/or a timer since last attack. Or maybe when you attacked someone you cant use the //pve at all anymore (till you re-zone or something)...

1 person likes this.
  8. Nitemare

Nitemare New Member

Sitting camping every and any flight station != PvP

Which personally i think should be punished by an Perma Account Ban, since since the staff are waaaaaaay to soft when it comes to violating rules.

9. Stacked

Stacked The Original God Glad Forum Legend

A Valid suggestion but there is no way to render someone in such a way that they can not be attacked with out making them friendly to you. The only thing I could think of would be a way to render people invulnerable which would get severely abused. Even adding a timer in between the last attack would still unbalance things. Classes that run fast will be able to obviously gain the distance and achieve an invulnerable status. Being that this server is based around PvP I think this would be a terrible thing to even consider implementing.

How does that saying go.....
    "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen"

Stick to Theo/Brust for your pve needs.

10. Kanaka

Kanaka Proficient

I would be all for this as it may well be a pvp server its also pve also. I dont care for all my time on line to be pvp constant, and also, too many bug abusers to even feel like pvp anymore. I do however LOVE Aion, and wish for crafting and areas to gather for this to be non pvp or a way to take me off the food chain for pvp. Wont happen though.

1 person likes this.