1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NO to 2x AP lost when Premium!

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by vaferX, Dec 9, 2010.

1. maskedbr

maskedbr Respected Member

now players will not run on a group of 20 anymore =(
    they wil run on a group of 80

2. moonpai

moonpai Proficient

Well the posted Aps where from solo kills, i get 1 solo kill out of 100 times i start a fight!! 99fights are ended up in getting ZERGED or the oponent gets Asjumped.

Let post it the other way.

I played Ranger or Sin with 50 AP gear, i now reroll to Sorc!!. I died about 3-5times every 100k AP i got, with premium it was quiet ok i did 40k AP to ZERO. Now it's like i lose 120k - 200k AP every 100k i try to make and thats not good for me ^^. And PvP has changed you only see Dieties, if they got timer you don't see them. You only see Highranks of Sorcs or some Glads or some Temps no Clerics no Chanters and other sometimes easy AP classes for stealther!!

Next Thing allready got mentioned here SIEGE TIME you try to put some grps together to go and capture Forts. If you finally made it and got enough ppl and you are at the fort fighting the Diety, 2 transed players inc in 99,9% it's a sorc and a glad and 30 secs later the whole raid is dead only the few who got the rank and could morph stay a bit longer!! PPL on Siel will tell you how kicky that is with 2mil AP and beeing Rank 1 thx to 2.0 Abyss Rank system and having no chance to fight them back!! The only thing you do during Siege is losing AP .....the only thing during pvping is losing AP.... Playing GRP PVP is pretty rare since all skilled healers seem to have a static grp!!!

but i better stop QQ about that and lvling up my Sorc ^^

3. Aegis

Aegis Guest

If u are pro then you shouldn't be so worried about dying. Pick up da bawls brah.

4. Heavnskiss

Heavnskiss New Member

You all are so negative you Lose some but you GAIN way more stop dying noobs!

5. sneakysneak

sneakysneak New Member

To donors who dies ALL the time : The new system will pawn you a few times over depending on the degree of your membership.

To donors who has the skills to gain positive AP but still insists on keeping to the 30 gain / 5 loss system making all sorts of ridiculous claims :
    The maths has been done, and you still have a larger net gain. If you dont like it and prefer something easier.. maybe maple story would be a better alternative for you after all..or solitaire..

To donors who feel offended because they didnt had a chance to be polled upon
    :
    Well, first of all, you are donors, not share-holders.
    And assuming that a poll was made between nerfing the VIP / Premium member APs. What do you think the answer would be? Every premium/VIPs members would have disagreed with the changes. Well, and they will still implement it..which pisses everyone a great deal more.

Solution : Yes, this system no doubt has flaws. People who dies all the time will stand to lose more ap.
    So I guess the only way is for them to retain the current membership privileges while giving these people the options for different kinds of APs rates. Meaning..
    a. VIP can choose to get VIP / Premium Abyss points rates.
    b. Premium can choose to get Premium / Normal Member Abyss points Rates.
    That way, they can decide their gains / losses.
    Oh and it means more work for the devs.

And so I begin..
    This new AP rate system is normalized to keep the server running PROPERLY..

1. Maths
    Normal members -10x/5x gain/loss.
    Premium members -15x/7.5x
    VIP members - 20x/10x
    Ever learnt ratio ?
    Everything is on a 2 : 1 scale.
    So basically, VIPs / premium members earn a right to a larger input of APs. In other words, it works for people who are able to achieve positive APs gain on the overall.
    For these people, an increased input directly leads to an increased output and you gain more AP than normal members.

2. Normalization
    In the case that the old system keeps running, a 30 x gain on kills / 5 x loss on death would imply VIP members have by far a ultra large edge over a player of 10 x gain on kills / 5 x loss on death. This simply means that the rich gets richer and the poor gets poorer.
    And soon, VIPs / Premium will invade the top 1000 of the ranking systems.
    Normal members will be sick of this imbalance and might even leave.
    Bear in mind, the majority of this server are NORMAL players. And when they leave the server dies.
    But when YOU PREMIUM, VIPs leaves, the server GOES on..You are the minority.
    And new potential normal members will sign up after you guys to have a little edge over the pvp while you all leave, unnoticed, wasting your money, time spent on your characters.
    A little extreme and simple hypothesis, but one of strong validity.

3. What ifsss...

- I die ALL the time
    - What if I meet a group of asmos/elyos
    - What if I get SPAWN-killed..
    You bring in so many variables but eventually, you fail to mention some.
    "What if I am the one spawn-killing people, what if I am the one GANGING people, what if I am on a killing streak"

I summarized what I needed to say. In the case anyone wanna mention about random variables/scenarios, then we will have to discuss on statistics..which none of us really want to

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  6. moonpai

moonpai Proficient

yeah it will take a time till every1 get's used to it!!!!

btw DING and lvl40 :p

7. Sabby

Sabby Proficient

I don't know why I even bought VIP/Preminum if I would have known I was suppose to lose double ap this is the reason I bought it in the first place because I gained more and lost the same, if it's the way it should be so now all I am thinking is what a waste. There's no point to it now. I mind as well be a non VIP since I don't farm, I don't need to lvl, all I do is pvp.

Another thing elyos rankings are broken so those who should be high rank are not losing what they should so it's just retarded basically, they should have implimented this when they fixed the rankings.

8. moonpai

moonpai Proficient

lol you forgot to say Carl is after the ppl with the money and then your post doesn't make any sense... ^^

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

and besides every1 is able to get prem and VIP membership just "VOTE"

thx

9. sneakysneak

sneakysneak New Member

I was just giving something extreme rofl. =)
    I mean, if my extreme assumption was correct, its better to have minority than the majority leave!

10. Sabby

Sabby Proficient

Let's make an example of a governor.
    Ok I have preminum and I kill 5 ppl i gained
    10k, 10k, 10k, 10k, 10k
    I died once I lose 132k x 2
    wow... ok now say I have VIP
    I gain
    15k, 15k, 15k, 15k, 15k
    I died once I lose 132k x 3
    OUCH!!!

Even then say the governor gains
    45k, 50k, 70k, 90k, 90k

he still doesn't even gain what he losses as VIP

So say I voted or anybody can vote like moonpai states who now will get preminum/VIP over a nice mastarius hat or something else, because imo preminum and VIP is equivilant to non preminum and VIP members who only PVP.

2 people like this.
  11. beto597

beto597 Proficient

ok the how bout the facts i kill some one that gives me 36 k like a 1 star and me being a 5 star i loose 59k if i die sooo does that seem like a problem or not? is there any gain in that ?

12. KSL

KSL Proficient

a big laugh of fairplay gamers from europe !
    the cheater and hacker-gang is complaining here---ya overlol
    clean your gamefolders and don't complaining here for ap-trash ^^

13. Deadlychants

Deadlychants Rainbow kittens Forum Legend

I'm on Vip, I don't mind losing the extra AP if it means I will gain more.

Go big or go home.

14. hynase

hynase New Member

don even come close== a grp of 6 elyos met a.. full army of asmodian at dp entrance ==""

15. Beastie

Beastie Banned

IMO losing more AP when you get premium or VIP defeats the purpose of getting it in the first place. It also discourages people from going out and taking risks and most of them just end up running around with zergs

4 people like this.
  16. Zukiz

Zukiz New Member

Holy servants were deleted because Carl stated Spawn Protection IS fixed. (http://forum.gameznetwork.com/showthread.php?p=498394#post498394) However, Evilset plans to add guards (I think?) :p Source: http://forum.gameznetwork.com/showthread.php?t=44346

I've stood around rhonnam with a couple people hitting me a few times and DID not get hit / damage taken + was able to port out. It shows the damages, but I've been able to port out with no problems. Some people have problems porting as they are stunned and what not. (glads banging keys) =/ I can't do much if that happens though xP I'm a cleric afterall ;)

Ashphel also made a post with videos. Please read through
    http://forum.gameznetwork.com/showthread.php?t=44348

& LOL? Hacker gang? =/

I'm not complaining as there are times where I don't lose AP, and times that I do. When I posted that screenshot, I was merely asking for how the AP Loss was calculated as it didn't seem steady. Which was answered by an AM already~ Thanks~ :3

17. KSL

KSL Proficient

spawn protection is not enough because of too much lamer-gamer here on both sides also the first 15 to 20 high rank cheater are playing lame spawn and landing kills at outposts again the whole day.

we need back the holy servants guards and we need also 4 at undiborg not only 2 bugged crap guards---asmos had 4 fine working holys at rhonnam op at the right positions: 2 at sh and 2 at fm !!

so thats the point and nothing other sorry ^^

1 person likes this.
  18. lo_x_gang

lo_x_gang Proficient

pls Get Back To The Original AP Rates Carl...now Premium Membership And ViP are Now useless though Vip Can Be Able To trade untradable Items but Thats More Ap Loss...i Totally disagree on this....

1 person likes this.
  19. brainpower

brainpower Banned

grow up kids , no risk = no profit ... so obviously you get the chance to win twice the AP with the risk of losing twice

20. Sabby

Sabby Proficient

Hmm I figured something out
    Preminum members are Gaining only 15x and losing 10x
    while
    VIP are gaining only 20x and losing 15x

while it should be that preminum's gain 20x and VIP gain 30x