1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What is better for templar .. shield or sword and what chain skill is better ..

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by 07BJhay, Dec 13, 2010.

1. sabatako

sabatako Getting there

Well Dyz imma say it like i always do...only temp i shud see with shield and sword is me.
    Mace and shield = best for the 2nd stigma tree [the only set to DPS] as it has some skills that are affected by the magic boost on maces. And since you are using them as advanced stigmas it makes sense to maximize their potential....not sure if shield burst is affected by mboost never got around to testing it.
    Dont worry about attack speed...the difference between maces and swords is not THAT noticable. and thanx to your magic skills you have a pretty nifty range, and I think breakpower is more useful for maces and greatswords because of the higher damage factor than swords. [just throw full crit on the mace if you want crit. -40 crit wont kill you.

Greatswords = better phys damage. but you sac some defense. the best bet is like Revo says, be able to switch weapons midfight. Keep mace/shield up, then swap out to chain judgement or and other greatsword related skills. I dont particularly run around with this on a pvp temp, because yeah the damage output is nice..but a mace/shield can output ZOMG dps as well when done right. But having a greatsword for a backup plan is always epic :p

I usually mace/shield melee/rangers and GS casters. so my GS usually has silence.

Sword/shield - Pve templar. The slightly faster attack speed helps with aggro gain over other classes and even other templars [unless they have better gear]. Also since the top stigma tree [the pve tree] is mostly defensive skills and you rely on physical skills you can use anything that has a shield with it. but sword/shield is best suited here.
    The top tree isnt feasible for pvp and any temp that uses it gets called noob by the "pros" [trust me i get this everyday].

Everyone preaches to use mace and shield but most of em dont even know why >.> but yeah thats the rundown on the weaps

Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  2. 07BJhay

07BJhay New Member

hmmm thanks to all of you ... but what manastone i can use .... if i use Warhammer + shield and the lower chain skill ?..

3. ciufpuf

ciufpuf Attention Whore! Forum Legend

I like the ones who said sword/warhammer and shield or GS like the templars have other options.Best choice is the GS if you want to PvP if you want to be more a punching bag go for shield and sword/mace.And attack and critical manastones.Best chain to start with is the Weakening Sever Blow for me it Breakes the deffence and ends with 2 seconds of stun.

4. Puretank

Puretank Getting there

Im the best templar here want me to teach yo?

1 person likes this.
  5. ciufpuf

ciufpuf Attention Whore! Forum Legend

No doubt you are.

6. Nooblau

Nooblau Proficient

Rawr~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Bump

7. Gaura

Gaura Well-Known Member

noob lau :D

tips put your "change weapon" key to a reach able key use your key maping for better movements :D

8. sabatako

sabatako Getting there

your ingame name?

How do i remove a thanks? >.>