1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Donation

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Jay.P, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Jay.P

Jay.P New Member

I just wanted to say that the donation ratio is crap... Cost to point ratio is ridiculous. $1 = 100 points, the average item really worth even donating for is 2k.... that's $20 for one piece times that by 5 just for an armor set, that's $100 just to get an armor set... now add on weapon/s, accer's, helm... etc your talking $200+ just to get a full ABG, Veil or Masta set... That's just stupid.

Vote for points you say, you get 50 points every 12 hrs, 100 everyday... that's 20 days to get 1 item... thats just stupid as well. This is a PvP server we should be able to obtain PvP gear a lot easier.

AP you say, Well lets face facts EAT to ABG... ABG blows EAT out of the water. Veil is pretty much the same as EAT if you compare them...

This is just my opinion, You all need to lower the prices which I know you wont because it' been like this for a while. So this is kinda a pointless rage of mine I guess. I was considering donating until I worked out the outrageous cost of it. You trying to get rich or provide a good PvP server here.....?

2 people like this.
  2. alshid

alshid Expert

Well the title is "Donate" so nobody force you to donate, right? ._.

2 people like this.
  3. Jay.P

Jay.P New Member

This is not helpful nor useful... just adding to your post count.

With more donations it would help the server in the long run & make it little more even with an affordable ratio for most.

4. Kisra

Kisra /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Forum Legend

I think thy should say pay coz its not donation we do now we r buying stuff here what ever u say its donation no its buying dont fool ur self ppl

thanks dud for this thread

5. alshid

alshid Expert

That's why I said it's donate. If you really wish to help this server up and running, you shouldn't matter the donation ratio. If you really want a higher ratio, it means you just want to buy the credits. Donate is something that should be done voluntarily. :x

6. Mei

Mei Banned

eh i think the donation rates are fine ive played in infinite aion and donated like 1.5k dollars? o_O

7. Kisra

and what in the world donation was 3k almost each month is he going to run 10 servers or what?

8. genoxalmighty

genoxalmighty Expert

its already cheap QQ

go find a job

and being a private server

does not mean

players are on easy mode LOL

and no one is forcing you to donate and play here

9. Kisra

nice to know we have reach ppl here so dont woary cral we have this guy here

10. Jay.P

Jay.P New Member

Lets be realistic here, People don't donate... they buy items to better there selves. Private servers can not charge to play or they can get into a lot of trouble, so they phrase it as a donation to keep the law off there back. Server hosting cost really isn't that expensive you can get a nice dedicated server for about $200-$250 that's a high end server at that. Now I know the EMU/Core Gamez is using is free so there is no cost there. one person donates for a set damn expenses are paid for... the rest is profit.

LOL, I was waiting for a comment like this always happens when someone consults about the ratio/donations. This is non of your concern nor any of your business of what I make... can or can not afford. I am financially stable in life, so please pull your head out of your *** and be useful here... k thnx

11. Beastie

Beastie Banned

The key word here is donating. When you give money to the server you are "donating" to help keep the server running. The items and the credits are just perks for people who vote and donate. Whether you donate and vote or not is your choice. While I would like to get full ABG gear easily and cheaply, it wouldn't make sense if you think about it. Unless you want EVERYONE and their mom running around in full ABG gear.

2 people like this.
  12. alshid

alshid Expert

Then it's Carl's profit. We can't do anything about it since he's the 'shop owner'. Maybe if there are many people demanding cheaper donation he will consider that? :x Although I doubt he'll do that xp

Glad I don't have to explain this. XD

13. Jay.P

Jay.P New Member

So instead make it so only a select few will/can donate to get ubber gear so PvP is unbalanced? that surely doesn't make sense now does it. Lets look at this shall we... If cost ratio was lowered a bit I guarantee more would donate, Sure it may not be $200 at once, but you get 10-20 extra people donating $10-$50 plus those who donate very heavily... in the long run you will be making even more while making it a little more even & making more of the population happier. It's not rocket science seriously...

14. Mei

Mei Banned

200$= 1 dinner at a cozy restaurant.... no big deal since your FINANCIALLY STABLE ^^

15. alshid

alshid Expert

ABG may be more powerful than anu/EAT, but still beatable. You want imbalance? Put an "interesting" donation item like ABG Plate Set +50. Normal players are only able to ups their gears to 15, but with a GM command, +255 at max can be made.

16. Jay.P

Jay.P New Member

And yet another useless post about my fiances lol Do you know me? Do you supply my income? nope... so again think logically and respond in a useful manner perhaps.

Whats this gotta do with the price of eggs o_O

17. Mei

Mei Banned

all i see here is a boy who wants a cheaper candy from MR scrooge :p

18. genoxalmighty

genoxalmighty Expert

why are you nerd raging here if your financially stable? or should i say financially disable ? LOL

19. Jay.P

Jay.P New Member

What I see here is flamers who makes accusations & knowing nothing ^_- Anyways enough with you two, Flame away since you have nothing better to do.

20. alshid

alshid Expert

What i want to point is, even with EAT you still can PvP. Maybe not as well as ABG but you can vote to get at least an ABG/Masta weapons, if you don't wish to donate. :p