1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Spirit Master Fear !!!

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by bandi7killz, Feb 1, 2011.

1. sanctuarist

sanctuarist Expert

@ kisra. we know the fear here dont work same as RETAIL. (btw we not retail). so stop calling all SM abusers etc etc. if they don use fear wat u expect them do. use scroll when see enemy?

3 people like this.
  2. Shandi

Shandi Banned

Yea it sak but uum well without fears SM would be way underpowered I would say so lets hope for NCsoft to replace fear with some normal skill

3. bandi7killz

bandi7killz New Member

This isnt hapening lol. they can complain we ressist the fear so i can complain its like bug abusing.... nothing to do cannt run ,attack eaven use a potion i wounder if i can chat whit fear effect ! and they can lock you for ever ! i wan some ressist lol fear me once is ok BUT FEAR ME 3 TIMES in one fight is IMB ! make after fear resist or something so they cannt fear doble or triple time sam targed

4. Arch-Mage

Arch-Mage Dreamer...

Other classes can also lock you and hit to death....just learn to play your char better.

3 people like this.
  5. ralarash

ralarash Proficient

you guys are really become afraid coz of fear.. hahaha :devil:

1 person likes this.
  6. lafitness88

lafitness88 I LOL at hackers

Omg Another one of this...

7. lafitness88

We all know, Magic resist cut SM initial dmg know, so their main attacks are dots they need shut down ability to survive. Dont throw spirit sub on me pls. pets are ruined in this game. it take one swing from glad to kill pets. aoe, damages, both. I do not agree on unresistable fear though, but if you stack bit of mresist, all they can do is fear u, u can survive fear chain no problem. Another thing, most sm stacks magic acc, meaning they are vunerable to stuns, and silience.

This is a pvp server, in most cases who gets the first jump and use their shut downs usually wins.

Arch-Mage and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Chloe

Chloe Expert

I hate chu chris! You are nabs! I will eat you in game! :p

9. HEX

HEX Legendary Member

dude fear is bugged - cuz after u fear a player he should be able to ''run'' from sm all the time , not to stai in one place and sm to pewpew !!!! But how geodata is so ''stable'' - fear is buged also !!!!!!!!!!>.<

2 people like this.
  10. Arch-Mage

Arch-Mage Dreamer...

dude....when were you feared last time????? now you can perfectly run while feared......

11. Rdei

Rdei Proficient

On this server the fear is bugged because you can't fear out targets with aoe fear like on retail and sometimes you can see the enemy rolling away in fear but because of bad package sending (serverside problem) you can't hit them in fear because it goes out of range real fast.

12. Ekzh

Ekzh B E W I L D Forum Legend

Sm's r the most buggest class in the hole game (p.servers) since 1.5. I think u play with a clean class (talking about skills).

Yeah, fear is bugged, but is not sm fault. Its p.server fault. If u dont have geodata, u cant do fear works 100%. So give us geodata or stop calling "bug abusing" to the best skill that sm's have.

13. Ally

Ally Well-Known Member

SM in private servers take no skill.

None at all.

2 people like this.
  14. lafitness88

Miss you sensei Ally! how u been? anyways, is sad but true... even in duels new sm precast fear shrieks to win...

15. Kisra

Kisra /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Forum Legend

ok what if Lockdown IV is buged and instead of 3 sec the time takes 10sec silenced what u will do u will keep shouting and QQing all day long about its not like retail and should be fixed so i will come to u then i will say we r not in retail

when bug skill serve ur class more than what it should that means ur class is op

16. Ekzh

That would be a very bug skill.

Tell me that would u do (if u were a dev) for "fix" fear and stop QQ about this? disabled? lol

Fear supossed that last from 6-8 seconds. And like i said, the only reason that fear is not working at 100% is cause p. servers dont have geodata

17. Kisra

so what the result of all of this is

as what ally said

18. Ekzh

This is not retail and u know it... if u want 100% fear go retail then and stop QQ.

So much QQ but not any "solution"

19. Rallos

Rallos Getting there

Fear is a powerful spell, but SMs lack a lot of burst DPS that other damage classes have, so on retail it evens out. SMs are great to have in a coordinated group.

Problem is that fear on all these Private servers becomes too powerful because it acts as a "Paralyze" instead of a fear. On retail, when you get feared you run away. Some fears snare, but if you have movement bonus skills like charge up when you get feared you run away at 100 mph. This balances the fear because enemies can't chain rape you with skills and follow on fears.

Only way to balance fear for pvp is to .....

1. Make you run away when feared.
    2. Allow for a fear immunity for a few seconds (Like stun breaking) to give chance to react before next fear.
    3. Shorten fear duration.

To make things even worst, SMs are one of the classes that benifit the least from the All-Stigma system we currently have. Their pet tree is designed mainly for PVE, and on Pservers like this one, most of those skills are broken and do not work lol. So once the new stigma system gets put into place, SMs won't really take a hit in skills, but many other classes will (Clerics / Sorcs / Rangers namely), but the SM will retain the "Chain Paralyze" fear effect.

For sake of pvp balance, I hope fear gets tweaked in a near future patch. My guess would be that the easiest fix is to shorten the fear duration.

P.S. This isn't a thread that deserves "QQ go to retail" response. Fear is legitimatly broke, and very over powered due to lack of Geodata on these Private servers. It should be adjusted to balance PVP.

Retail sux for many reasons. Horrible PVE grind, terrible drop rates, lack of consistent pvp action, the list goes on. Just because someone voices a complaint (especially one as legit as this one) doesn't deserve the "QQ go back to retail" response.

This is a real problem, that has viable solutions that can be applied.

Kisra and (deleted member) like this.
  20. Kisra

a_a i think u still dont get it

at least we have pro SM here

thanks god we have u here man

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011