1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Spirit Master Fear !!!

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by bandi7killz, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Smylph

Smylph Proficient

^^ dont get angry wth our Class:Spirit Master. just run if u again see Spirit Master ;P

2. Rallos

Rallos Getting there

Movement on fear is probably never going to happen. So we're trying to come up with ways to balance SMs, without taking away from what they are, and not sitting around waiting for something that's probably never going to happen.You should learn to be proactive when it comes to discussing game problems. Sitting around and waiting to win the lottery doesn't work very often buddy.

There's a difference between what you're talking about, and what I'm talking about. With the way fear is on this server, you don't get a chance to react and have a fight. It's /fear = win. Balanced PVP involves using skills, and countering skills, with fast reactions and correct decisions. This server takes that away and just makes you watch for 30-40 seconds as you get chain paralyzed. Not acceptable. My proposed solution of reducing duration will allow for action and reaction in fights. I would prefer movement speed be added, but since this server will most likely never see geodata, you can just stop spamming that on this thread and think of another balancing solution. I understand you're a little biased, but my wife is a GREAT SM and she can beat people without fear. So saying that reducing the duration of the very OP fear-paralyze this server has will destroy SMs just shows your lack of knowledge of the class.

My gladiator on retail never had a problem with SMs, because using movement improving skills, and the moving effect of fear, made the SM unable to do consistent damage while fear. Which made fear mainly a CC ability, not a /Iwin button.

Wrong on a few points. One, fear keeping you helpless for a minute straight is not a myth. If you want me to show you how to play your class, i'll make a video for you. Second, getting put into walls is something that can be a re-active / skill based part of fighting an SM on retail. Not putting a wall behind you when fighting an SM is a part of skill. On this server, all you need is to land the fear. No skill involved. No technique. No way to react. Which is a huge balance problem, and the point of this thread.

All classes have broke or incorrect working skills. (For example, you're not supposed to be able to use Heal-pots to get out of tendon slice or ankle snare.) This is a big staple of a gladiator's combat power, and we have to live without it working correctly. This is only one example, I could talk about dozens of broken gladiator skills, as well as dozens of other skills that are important that are broken for other classes that are very important, but for sake of this post my example should be enough to get your foot inserted in or around your mouth.

One more example, since you keep spouting off about clerics curing fear, Splender of purification is working, but RIPPLE OF purification DOES NOT CURE STATUS EFFECTS.

So again, please stop acting like SM is only one with broke skills. It makes you look like a biased retard.

I'd respond to this paragraph but it was just mindless non-sense that made absolutely no sense.

You're excused for not being specific or descriptive enough when you choose to talk.

What you don't seem to comprehend is that Geodata will most likely never be implement on this server, and if it does, it'll be a long ways away from now. Changing fear duration is a safe and proactive way to balance SM fear, while we wait for the Geodata to come (If it ever does). If you have a better idea, other than blabbing off about something that's not going to happen any time soon, please, by all means, let us hear it.

Last point here...It is true that in aion every class has a counter class. But a counter class does not = GG I win because i'm X class. It just means it takes a little skill and faster than normal reactions to win VS your counter class. A good sin can still beat gladiator, or a templar, it just takes a little skill and knowing the enemy.

On retail you can counter SMs by rooting/snare them before they hit you with fear (This way they can't kite-chase you) or you can use a movement speed buff (Like charge) to get away from them faster.

2 people like this.
  3. Ekzh

Ekzh B E W I L D Forum Legend

Why dont just, take out stuns from ranger, they r to op, they can kill u in 1-2 seconds with low ping or full buffed.
    Take out dmg from gladi like a cap in 300 attack, they can just kill u with 2 skills (presicion, sure strike)
    and then less decrease sm fear from 6 seconds to 3 :)

1 person likes this.
  4. sanctuarist

sanctuarist Expert

best. remove all class from aion. uninstall and play other game? i mean seriously. first QQ glad. then ranger then sorc now sm turn?

5. Musicah

Musicah Legendary Member

rangers are easy now a days..

6. Musicah

Musicah Legendary Member

i just read on google.. fear shriek should not be too long.. when you are hitted by other class or pets or monsters the fear shriek should be gone

but here.. when you are fear shrieked.. all you can do is wait till you die ^^

7. Zikel#400

Zikel#400 Proficient

yeah that sounds like an easier solution for those who complain about it so much. sm is not invincible. all of you talk about skill so much, well then use your brains, sm can still be defeated.

8. Amorette

Amorette New Member

Umm... I'm not sure where you read that, but it's false information. Fear is not a sleep or a root. Fear doesn't break on hit on retail. ^^

9. sanctuarist

sanctuarist Expert

http://forums.eu.aiononline.com/eu/showthread.php?t=12771

their QQ at least are at the minimium compare to here. with geodata they still can get pawned by fearshriek. i don see any reason for u to further lame down any of sm skills

just a side note. i don solely play sm. i play chanter sm cleric sorc glad templar. IM ANTI RANGER and Sin:bandit::bandit: and out of all the class i play SM is the one that always dies the most easily after the update when ur spirit hp is retarded

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  10. Ekzh

Ekzh B E W I L D Forum Legend

There's always been like that :) i can kill them with 2 skills. i just been sarcastic :p

This is false. It was a "rumor" from 2.5 that fear will be available to break but like i said it was a rumor and if they do that they will break the point of sm.

11. Rallos

Rallos Getting there

SMs are strong on retail, but here when they land their paralyze-fear on you it's a guaranteed win. Needs to be addressed until Geodata gets put in.

12. sanctuarist

sanctuarist Expert

are u sure? i seen alot of sm land a full party shriek and still get owned? i donno why but u always make sm sound like a super ultra invicible uber uber uber uber uber uber gay OP class 0.0:unsure: or maybe my imagination

and for the question of sure land fear. can i ask one question? if my sm MA is close to 2.2k. wouldnt i be able to land fear on almost all? but sometime it still get resisted O_O?
    2.2k MA fearing a asmo group of 2 healers both of them resist fear at once 0.0??

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  13. Rallos

Rallos Getting there

Fear is broke due to no geodata, this makes fear very OP. All that SMs need for tweaking is a reduced fear duration until we get fear-movement / geodata.

I also hope that they fix ALL skills in game that aren't working, gladiator anklesnare, SM pet spells, cleric AOE cure, ect ect.

But something should be done to address fear. Reduced duration I think is a good change that will balance the skill, without destroying what SMs are, and without making them a weak class.

14. Neokie

Neokie Banned

In the front of the Zerg you just ran into
    well SM's are a great OP class, but only when you know what youre doing, if you just run in and fear then wait for the s=zerg to do the rest, then thats not good, which is what most of the scrub sm's on this server due

15. Minaki

Minaki Minahime~

then send a PM to evilset, tell him instead of implementing the stigma system that would make GameZ becomes a retail failure, try neft/fix/change all the class's skills to balance the PvP...

16. Zikel#400

Zikel#400 Proficient

or all of those go play in another server with geodata and period lol

17. Rallos

Rallos Getting there

Stigma system is going to balance PVP very well.

And retail gets a LOT of things wrong. The stigma system was not one of them.

Drop rate, exp rate, lack of pvp (Because everyone grinds PVE all day). This server is way better than retail in many ways.

But seriously, the stigma system will be an improvement. A huge one.

18. deudalephon

deudalephon Proficient

I do agree though, it sucks to not be able to move. :\

19. regiix3

regiix3 yeah Forum Legend

Spiritmasters = Fear-whores
    nuff said.

20. iceweaver

iceweaver Sati Saigan

qqing about SMs. ^^ i am a Spiritmaster, and I so loovee it!