1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Spirit Master Fear !!!

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by bandi7killz, Feb 1, 2011.

1. deudalephon

deudalephon Proficient

o.o ooh Regi, I sent you a pm earlier. I guess no? :C

2. Musicah

Musicah Legendary Member

^_^ i just read it.. sorry!

3. regiix3

regiix3 yeah Forum Legend

really ? o_O"

4. deudalephon

deudalephon Proficient

yup o.o said I'd give you 4k, plus 1.5k at the 7th of february, if you spared 4k for me today o.o

5. regiix3

sad im not VIP

6. deudalephon

deudalephon Proficient

baww that's sad :C

might have to actually wait til the 7th then :'C

7. regiix3

;^; this is succckkkyyy

8. Ladien

Ladien The Last Karate Baby

XD.. why is it that 2 tabahata tome has higher MA than ABG and Masta.

sucks. socket it w/ MA. super fear! wahaha.

9. TrueSeph

TrueSeph Proficient

They need to fix the fear, it was strong before when they nerfed it, so SM's had to play with more strategical value, however 4 Fear options with 0 resistance is a load of nonsense, and if I hear anyone say use MR manastones then they don't comprehend the concept that I've posted a dozen times on another Fear Thread.

It was only changed due to complaints from SM users. 10 seconds, 4 versions, 0 resistance, serious? The game was actually getting more interesting when the Fear had a slight nerf because their was greater diversity with play, now all I see is 10,000,000 fear bombs.

Come on, improve the Fear so that it's strong, but not stupid, 0 resistance is not the best option of improving Fear.

10. bandi7killz

bandi7killz New Member

YEs Yes u are the one that understand the problem :D i dont blame sm-s of using it.... i blame some skill pack that is inccorect lol
    and that fear resist..... just imajen if the stun ressist is gone.. i woud stun you for ever and ever and ever but i CANNT eaven on succesful ambush stun is not 100% sure for me

11. Chloe

Chloe Expert

There is another viable solution to the problem and it does not involve reducing fear duration. Have you thought about it?

Me being an SM has nothing to do with it. I have many other classes I love too. And I can pvp without fear just fine, thank you. I've been an SM since 1.5 and was doing fine even without fear back then.

I'd like to see this video. :joyful: I didn't know there was a skillful way to cast your skills. Didn't know there was technique involved to pressing a button. Do gladies use that when they attack like machine guns? Oh you mean how gladies spam lockdown and keep running when its on cd? I do realize fearing here doesn't involve much skill. Why don't you try using an SM during a zerg? Let's see how good you manage to fear people without dying first. And I didn't know there was a way to react to fear in retail. Interrupting the casting maybe but hmmm... as far as I know, nothing can be done while feared. I wonder what reaction you are talking about.

Really? A class with good defense and attack power and DPS at that is complaining about one single bugged skill compared to how many bugs a squishy spiritmaster have? Wow, just wow.

Last I checked it was working fine. Hmmm...

There is another solution. And it does not involve reducing fear duration.

On retail, SMs dont know how to use body root on gladies? I think not.

PS: There is a good solution we can do to make fear a little better. And it doesn't involve nerfing fear duration:

Give them free movement. Let them move while being feared, with the proper speed debuff of fear. They can either go away from the caster or follow the caster. Wherever they want to go. It is a good alternative to implement while geodata is not here yet.

Nerfing fear duration will break it as a massive-pvp CC class.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  12. Deadlychants

Deadlychants Rainbow kittens Forum Legend

Yeah, you need to understand a class before you talk about nerfing them. Spiritmasters are a group support class, typically because of the crowd control. Reducing fear length is like me saying to reduce the amount of healing clerics pump out, or reduce the amount of AOE's, DPS, glads have. Taking away what they were made for.

They were given those skills for a reason. Chloe provided a good alternative to fear. Giving free movement.

Don't think that even then we wouldn't chain earth you and still kill you just as easily, or let you run for our benifit.

1 person likes this.
  13. Montalban

Montalban Proficient

0 resistance is not the best option of improving Fear.

14. Rallos

Rallos Getting there

Problem in your guy's logic is that Gladiator DPS on this server is like retail, Heals work like on retail, Fear does not.

I would prefer movement be added to fear, but until there is Geodata thats not going to happen. You and chloe seem to think you know something here, but you've yet to post a viable solution to the problem.

And I posted 2 bugged skills about glads, not ONE, and I could post more, because all classes have numberous things broken about them, so get over yourself.

You say there is another solution other than reducing fear duration. Please post it, i'd like to hear it. Because so far all you've mentioned is adding movement, which is not practical, because it's going to be a LONG time from now before that ever happens. (Most likely will NEVER happen)

So please post what else you think could be done, since movement is not practical and you feel fear duration reduction is too harsh. Lets hear it. I want to hear your PLAN C.

15. Chloe

Chloe Expert

Since I'm too tired to type it again:

Every post you do, makes it all the more clear how you want fear nerfed to buff your class.

16. Rallos

Rallos Getting there

Free movement eh? lol, that would be great. Thats worst than just reducing duration imo, so i'll vote for that LOL.

/charge + run away = lolz.

17. Deadlychants

Deadlychants Rainbow kittens Forum Legend

I'm not complaining about the bugged skills, so I'm not sure what I'm getting over.

The proposed idea(By Chloe, and to my understanding) is was that you get free movements while feared. I can't remember at what speed you run at while feared, but I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to figure out. Now, if you fall off a cliff on your own and die due to no geodatabase, then it's because you're an idiot and willingly jumped to your death.

I'm not saying it's THE solution, but it's definitely a good alternative.

It's really an advatange for spiritmasters.

Edit: and judging by your first post, you didn't read the proposed idea clearly. =/

Edit2: You were quick to attack before reading, a true gladiator. :p

18. Chloe

Chloe Expert

Not really worse. Since SMs have other ways of slowing down enemies. And you can never use charge after you're feared anyway. A good SM can just use root to waste your charge. Better yet, take it away.

19. deudalephon

deudalephon Proficient

As a ranger, we have Sh*t defence when it comes to withstanding the fear affect + several SM nukes and such. We're practically dead before the fear even wears off ^^; no matter how superior your gear is to that SM. I'm sure the same goes to many other squishy classes out there too.

Goodness knows I've faced off with many SM battles in which I can't even land a single hit until I'm dead. >_> Movement sounds like a plausible solution at least, but whatever goes...

20. Rallos

Rallos Getting there

Yes but you could start a fight with charge on, and thats 10 seconds where fear will allow you to get away. It would just be something I always pop before I fight an SM. I either kill them before I get feared, or I get away, I like it. Lets do it.