1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Spirit Master Fear !!!

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by bandi7killz, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Deadlychants

Deadlychants Rainbow kittens Forum Legend

Whenever I play a ranger/assassin who knows what he's doing I usually don't land a single skill off. Focused evasion + stuns up the butt.
    It's easy to counter SM's, especially on a ranger. Your class would be the last one I'd expect to see angry about fear. o_O

You say it as if fear is the only skill we have. If I see a gladiator charging at me I'll use root, move back three meters, use the /playdead command and wait for charge to wear off.

2. Chloe

Chloe Expert

You should really try to keep your techniques to yourself for your own sake. Every sane SM will use root on you and just take charge off with ignite aether.

3. Chloe

Chloe Expert

lol. That's a very funny way of wasting charge. /respect

4. Rallos

Rallos Getting there

The get over it comment was directed toward Chloe, who seems to think SMs are the only ones who have bugged skills lolz.

LOL whatever you say, lets do it.

Clinging on to and relying on an OP skill, always requiring massive handicaps to win, a True SM.

But excuse me, I read that he was petitioning for adding Geodata over and over again. Which is not going to happen. Sorry that out of his 40 posts he made 1 small suggestion, that to me sounded like he was saying the SAME THING using different wording. I didn't think he ment "Run around with fear on" lololol.

5. deudalephon

deudalephon Proficient

sure, we can silence + stun SM's at a fairly good rate, but the moment fear is cast, we might as well be wearing 'free ap' on our backsides :D I would think that some MR might help against the magic inflicted, but that's just mere speculation on my part. Never tried it yet...o.o

6. Deadlychants

Deadlychants Rainbow kittens Forum Legend

I wouldn't need fear to kill a gladi. Chain of earth and root recharges fast enough that I could just run in circles till erosion killed you. :p
    When it comes to gladiators the words clinging on to an OP skill and requiring massive handicaps is terrible.

@Deud Just time focused evasion right before fear, or fear shriek kicks off. With a 0 sec cast time it's easy enough. And if you silence us, we should really be dead in six seconds if we don't get spirit sub off.

7. wtfpwnd

wtfpwnd Getting there

some1 said in the first page's on this topic that we're able to run while fear'd by SM..

i can say thats a totally bull shit!!

i got fear last night.. and i wasnt able to move.. so guess what happen ;D >.<

8. TrueSeph

TrueSeph Proficient

As for Fear, my problem is, not the 10-second lasting duration, its the resistance of it being currently set to 0. To top it off, its not like SM's "lack" powerful magical options either, which within each of those Fears a significant amount of life can be lost.

I'm not going to go into this theory garbage of Class vs Class what to do, what do counter, as that could literally consume 500+ pages and we wouldn't get almost anywhere. However the fact remains this, that when the Fear skill was slightly nerfed, SM's were still strong, they were still one of the most heavily played classes and successful as well.

Even within my own Legion now, we have 5 active SM's and its a joke to see swarms of Asmos sit there idled in Fear all day due to them, it makes strategical planning nearly breathless in terms of easy-mode. Literally almost ******* free 10 second hits, and to me, this is why I say it needs to be modified, because as one who has taken advantage of the 0 resistance is the basically no nerfing of Fear, it's become a joke.

I would prefer Fear to be limited in its effectiveness so that it makes players who use them to be more diverse, because at the moment. Even though I don't play SM, I've experimented with one here in GamezAion with my own w/ +15 Anu set (Not even Abyss yet), its an absolute laughable matter when dealing with the majority of classes even w/ those of equal or greater gear sets.

Again, Nerf Fear so its strong, but not stupid, even when it was toned down, SM's were still one of the best classes in Aion.

9. Spaaw

Spaaw Getting there

Alright, after reading more and more discussions and blablabla about how fear is OP, and if we're not going to get GeoData, so yes, I'll agree about nerfing fear's duration. It's the only possible solution at the moment.
    But also I would request to make Stone Skin retail-like >.< (imune to knockdown, stuns, etc). This way would be fair enough to me.

10. Ichi

Ichi Proficient

SM is the strongest class under the circumstances of 1 vs 1 at retail.
    (You should know that they are the one who always get killed first in zerg cause of fear shriek.)
    So-called Pro Sm at retail say if he or she lose 1 vs 1 PVP it is his lack of player skill.
    Even he said that SM should beat any class (except MR Sorc with MR buff) without fear.
    So with move or without move effect with fear Sm who know how to do the job will beat you 1 vs 1.

I will list several diffenrence from retail. (I dont feel all should be fixed caz other class have bugged skill too.)

1. Fear should be resisted when you glide.
    It is kinda buggy thing but you can resist fear if you see them casting and glide at retail.

2. Fear cast should stop when you hitted by pull kind of skills.
    This is not only SM's problem but templar's pull kind of skill should stop opponents magic casting.

2. Fear should be resisted properly.
    Fear rate 0 is nonsence give MR class time to run away.

3. Ignite Aether or Magic Implosion kind of buff taking skill takes all kind of buffs.
    Some buffs like Nezakan, UD kind of buff have strong status against removing buff skills: you can never take Nezakan remove and you need at least three times taking UD off.
    Stone shock → silence or bound skill combo is important when you suddenly attacked by Glad, assasin like melee class or when you do 1 vs 2.
    Give them little chance not taken those strong buffs.

4. Ignite Aether kind of buff removing skills will work through Focused Evasion like evasion skill
    Give assasin and ranger a chance:(
    But as long as ranger's silence have high success rate unlike retail maybe it should stay like this here.

5. Fear shriek fears too much.
    I dont remember the number but fear shriek should only fear certain number not whole ppl within the range.

6. Root shoud be removed with DOT skills.
    Cleric have same bug too.
    Dot skill damage or any kind of damage should remove root.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  11. maskedbr

maskedbr Respected Member

yeahhh then u meet an assassin with aethertwisting and pvp weapons xD

12. Arch-Mage

Arch-Mage Dreamer...

If you don't remember why won't you use www.google.com >.> come on don't be lazy. In retail the stone skin skill of mages protectthem from stunns...etc, which is INTENTIONALLY broken here due to complains...and now you want to change other things? Enough Glads are enough OP here to make them even more. And many skills here work different that retail...what IS THE POINT OF your post? WHy didn't you suggest like fixing Stone Skin for mages? Yes, I agree that fear needs fixing, but not "nerfing through its stats"...thats a different thing>.>

13. maskedbr

maskedbr Respected Member

14. Arch-Mage

Arch-Mage Dreamer...

read my post and then reply >.>

15. Ichi

Ichi Proficient

Pls read this. (I dont feel all should be fixed caz other class have bugged skill too.)
    I agree with you.
    Gamez is gamez so all should not be fixed but some of them are.

I am not against SM ok?
    I made SM and having fun with it too=)

16. Arch-Mage

Arch-Mage Dreamer...

I am not SM too... I am sorc =)
    what is your main char?

17. HEX

HEX Legendary Member

bugged skills !? oke i wana find out wat skilsl are bugged - that give advantage ????

i still hear this boul...

18. Ichi

Ichi Proficient

I play all except assasin.

19. Ichi

Ichi Proficient

there are too many:(
    like Templar's pull, Gladiator's anckle snare, Rangers snare and trap have way too much success rate.
    Gladiator's Sure strike kind of skill can hit you once you cast.
    Gladiator's lock down and Chanter's bind skill can not resist.
    Cleric's or SM's dot wont remove root kind of skills.
    MR and MA balance is opposite here so Sorc and SM's debuff have way too much success rate.
    so and so and so.
    too much:(

20. lafitness88

lafitness88 I LOL at hackers

As Sm I find that my fear being resisted with enough mresist is fair enough, but with recent mess ups, think something need to change, unfortunately unresistable fear, but if people still stack mresist they wont be killed by sm at all. they will just get feared no dmg taken...