1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Medals.

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Frostie, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Xalamander

Xalamander Well-Known Member

also the Convent of Marchutan and the Cloister of Kaisinel sell APP parts

2. lmaonade200

lmaonade200 Proficient

I'd say make gold medals sort of cheap (8-12k per), but make platinum medals expensive since it's true that the 55 elite abyss gear is close to abg, so it would be more fair to donors.

3. dulle1230

dulle1230 Getting there

great idea but APP would need to take alot more to get so something around the range of 100k AP would be about perfect... you cant get one medal per kill but at the same time its not outrageous price you can get anywhere from 1-20 medals a day depending on how good you are at pvp it would also encourage getting VIP because of the AP boost but if they do this they need to make the plat non tradeable even as VIP except between your own account it shows prestige rather than... others might disagree on the last part but my favorite thing about a game is something that you have to earn yourself and that you cant just buy from anyone out there

4. Rallos

Rallos Getting there

My suggestion is to allow buying Gold/silver medals from vendor with AP. This makes pvping and getting gear thats good enough to pvp with effectivly easy for new players.

Then my next suggestion is to change ALL forts to give PLAT medals instead of the gold. This way if people want to upgrade to the better GPP set, they have to attend fort attacks/defense.

Lastly, keep ABG Vote/Donate only, to keep money/votes coming into the server.

I think this would be the best way to help new people get geared, make fort attacks/defense more active, and still keep good incentive for people to vote/donate to the server.

Lemme know what you think.

2 people like this.
  5. AVAndrew

AVAndrew Getting there

XD lol i know itzs kinda bull i dont like how that is either

6. Xalamander

Xalamander Well-Known Member

good idea... but the fact that a faction can attack forts bihourly... it makes it very easy to farm platinum medals

7. Neokie

Neokie Banned

In the front of the Zerg you just ran into
    well they need to find some way to implement platnuim medals, personally i think its a great idea
    it takes 37 P-Medals to get a GPP breastplate, if they make it 2-4 medals a fort raid, and only the inggi/gellk forts drop em, then it would take some time for people to get it

8. Rome

Rome ソロモン・ヨアズ・アブラハム Forum Legend

I like the idea bro is just too cheap

500k AP = 1plat medal would be a good price tho

9. lmaonade200

lmaonade200 Proficient

If medal duping were fixed, this would be an excellent idea, especially since the amount of medals you gain per attack was fixed, so it's not like you can get tons of plat medals in a day.

10. Bazztian

Bazztian Proficient

lol guys ... 1kk = 1 Platin ...
    well no thats too much ...
    i think

Code:
    100.000 = 1 Platin
    50.000 = 1 Gold
    10.000 = 1 Silver

could be nice and enough

greetzs Zebotan

11. lmaonade200

lmaonade200 Proficient

I think that's a bit much for gold medals, people trying to get gold medals are those who are trying to get their egt sets or pvp accessories, I think millions of AP for 180~medals and another 1.8mil AP for the entire egt set is a bit much for people in anuhart gear.

12. freakmaster

freakmaster Expert

where can we get that platinum medals??? i only have silver and gold medals but i never heard about that platinum :/ whats the color of the medals like silver? sorry for the noob question i just really dnt know that thing

13. lmaonade200

lmaonade200 Proficient

plat medals arent in the game yet :eek:

14. Frostie

Frostie Mew :3 Forum Legend

I Agree. It takes me almost 5 days to farm a million ap in Anuhart gear, I'd rather not spend a week farming medals then another 2 farming the set of gear, that's just too damn long. Charging a ton for Platinum medals would be reasonable, but golds should be easily available to newer players without having to pay an arm and a leg :/ And being as people don't always capture forts when they go vulnerable now it's slightly hard to get them for the time being. (Refering to elyos not asmos)

15. D3adMan

D3adMan Proficient

Farm Ap ? is a pvp server what else u can do ?

16. Rdei

Rdei Proficient

100k Ap for 1 platinum medal is reasonable.

Bumping this.

1 person likes this.
  17. anbu001

anbu001 New Member

i love this idea but charging 1m ap for 1 plat is only available to donors so if u wanna do that what about the ppl that cant donate and i also like the idea of the cheap gold/silver medals.. i prefer 100k ap for 1 plat caz that takes a good lil while for a non donor to get... idk to me this is like non donor heaven i mean at least the non donors can get this everything else has been taken out so far :/

18. TrueSeph

TrueSeph Proficient

Agreed, do something that's also reasonable to the non-donators as well, we aren't just a community built upon the donators here. Considering the majority of the players on here aren't donators anyhow so I like the idea of the less AP for Plat coins.

It makes sense and it would push players to wanting to PvP more, however I would say exclude the Gold Medals from this scenario since that can be obtained through fortress runs. If you allow Gold Medals to be bought with AP, you would probably see less people wanting to contribute to fort runs, and its something that I wouldn't want to see.

19. PetromaniaC

PetromaniaC Banned

6,000 Abyss Points for a Platinum Medal? That's a Ridiculous price for noobs.. I don't want to end up fighting elyos zergs of rank 9 retards with full archon primus pilus sets...

they can't kill a single person and all they do is make us waste our skills/spells on them and at the end we get 5-6k ap from 5-6 kills and we lose 25-30k from 1 death...

Platinum Medals should cost at least 500-600k AP not 5-6k
    Golden aren't so hard to get so i guess 50k is enough for 1
    Silvers are useles... 10k is fine

However the idea is nice , the prices are just too low...
    I support that
    +1
    but i repeat , prices are too low.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  20. Hugmonster

Hugmonster New Member

Agree with most here, its a good idea for sure, considering theres no other way to get plats aside from doing those dreaded daily quests(do they work?) for 1-4 plat medals a day, if u want to spend time grinding them all and not pvping >_>

Would love to see something like this implemented ^^ makes you still have to pvp to get what you want.. love it!