1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The end is coming.

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Sakuya, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Sakuya

Sakuya New Member

A diminishing population, a community in shambles...

This is the very thing that's become of Crystal Aion's player base. I did not expect it to happen so quickly. One can only wish that good things last forever. I believed that it would only to find that all good things must indeed come to an end. Forgive me if these expressions sound cliché, but they best describe my experience on this server. My condescending tone may instill anger in some and despair in others, and I'm deeply sorry for that. However, I feel that I need to express my opinion on this matter.

It was a cold December morning. I can still remember the feel of that lovely winter breeze as it slipped through the windows. I lay on my chair thinking of ways to spend my holiday season. I then looked out the window. Dark clouds filled the skies and the temperature was slowly making its descent. I began to shiver uncontrollably and discarded all thoughts about making plans with friends. Unaware of what to do, I let my eyes wander for a bit until something caught my attention. I noticed I still had Aion installed on my computer after these many months. For some odd reason, I had a sudden urge to play Aion. The whole idea was merely on a whim. My hands were stiff from the bitter temperature, but I was too eager to let the cold cause me inconvenience. I proceeded to move my mouse to Google's search box and commenced the pursuit for the ideal server. After a thorough investigation of numerous mid-rate servers, there was one that stood out from the rest. Thus began my career on Crystal Aion.

It was great. No, it was unbelievably great. My first steps in Poeta brought back memories from my prior experience in Aion. The music was just how I remembered it, nostalgic and divine. It felt like nothing could go wrong with the world as I began to reminisce all my cherished moments. I had a perspective that history would repeat itself if I devoted my time to this server. I believed I had the capability to recreate the past. And you know what? I was right. Not a single thing was out of place. A destiny I so longed for was finally fulfilled. However, it left me hungry for more than I could chew. I wanted to do much more than what the server was really limited to. That's when I came to realize that something was definitely amiss.

The days of old began to fade. A guild I once adored dearly began to slip through my fingers. Whom I considered my Crystal Aion family members became nothing more than a vague fragment of my memory. I began to ponder why this happened. Then I did some introspection. The pieces of the puzzle were slowly coming together as I saw myself with ABG gear and others bound to go no further. But I was unaware of it at the time. I was a foolish egomaniac possessed by delusions of personal greatness. It makes me infuriated now to see the damage dealt to the server's population and it disturbs me greatly that Carl is more intent on milking donations rather than doing something to preserve the server's life force.

Quitting spreads like wildfire, eventually engulfing a vast majority of the player base. People are disappearing off the streets and most of us don't realize it until it has made a huge impact. Out of the top 10 Elyos Legions, I can honestly say the only two guilds barely managing to stay alive are Unity and Phoenix Rising. Nothing is quite as it seems right now on Crystal Aion. Even newcomers immediately get the impression that the server is either dying or has a very limited player base. I invited a player to my legion recently and turns out he leaves a couple hours later after hearing a rumor about the server's uncertain doom. And then it happened... the very reason why I posted this thread in the first place. All veteran members of Crystal Aion will soon come to realize that a renown, original member of our family will forever be missing in action. He will be remembered particularly for one thing he always did best... I do not plan to disclose his character/forum name, but I guarantee you will figure it out yourself.

After all that's happened, I'm convinced that this server is close to drawing its final breath. I know for a fact that the server is headed in the path of destruction. There is no point in denying it. Change will never happen as long as Carl neglects what the people have to say. My plea for change was merely an escape from reality for that one night. It was the true epitome of "false hope" that I miserably failed to realize beforehand. I have lost all faith for Crystal Aion's recovery and foresee its impending doom. As I have stated in the past, I pray for divine intervention to rejuvenate the hundreds we have lost. Only then I will see to it that hope is born again.

6 people like this.
  2. Fynie

Fynie Ayyyyeeeeeeeee Forum Legend

I sense another doomsday thread :/

1 person likes this.
  3. Sakuya

Sakuya New Member

Everyone has a breaking point :[

1 person likes this.
  4. Kisra

Kisra /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Forum Legend

i say start writing ur own book instead of playing AION u got way to make me go through that wall of text smoothly

on topic: every thing have end even our souls so servers will end too

1 person likes this.
  5. crimsonfang

crimsonfang Well-Known Member

Well most of my legionmates from sheol have quited Games...T_T
    and take refuge on other servers....

If only the staffs here can revert back the economy we have on 1.9
    All things here are messed up...... Over priced Items.... and specially Anuharts for the beginners have gone mad........

Well to me........ I felt like quitting too>.< cuz, lot of things badly change...... and hard to find a nice legion.........
    but.... half of my side want to play...........T_T

1 person likes this.
  6. erlucius90

erlucius90 Expert

I can understand what you're saying and i can get your point, but saying it all like this it a bit too pessimistic...
    Try to think positive, maybe things will really change

3 people like this.
  7. Ashtar

Ashtar Enraged Ashtarius Forum Legend

The server has been in far worse shape than it is now population wise on a few different occasions but you werent here to see that but I was. Our population goes up and then it goes down and then up again but threads like this one really dont help matters any.

BTW - it also doesnt help us when old players come here and advertise other servers yet no one seems willing to give me proof of this so I can ban them.

2 people like this.
  8. ngjunhoong

ngjunhoong Expert

Sakuya ._. , if only i could write like you.. i'd be happy. able to FULLY express yourself :F , but anyway D: you're right !

1 person likes this.
  9. Bhakti

Bhakti Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ4a0vW0Y1o

But I say to thee this shall not come to pass while Bhakti stands. My legion too was decimated by the inactivity monster. I was kicked from alternative legions for crazy reasons (WHERE ARE THE ONES THAT KICKED ME?...)

But I came back! I was at the brink of quiting but I revived even stronger and more determined than be4.

Even though this server seems doomed I ll put whatever effort needed to revive it!!

CYA ARROUND!!!

Because...
    I m immortal!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEJ8lpCQbyw

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
    3 people like this.
  10. Asanka

Asanka ~watching over you~

Changes are coming.
    Will they be good or not - only time will show.

6 people like this.
  11. HEX

HEX Legendary Member

shut up .. talk wen u know wat is happening dude -

and yeah wat is happening on crystal now is DRAMA - u got a problem with that ????

hope crystal will me to life again lolz

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2011
    2 people like this.
  12. Frenemy

Frenemy Banned

Damn you guys, show respect and read it or don't post at all. Meh >_<

@OP: Very strong points! Hope things will change in Crystal for the best. Updates are really needed badly to refresh the game~

5 people like this.
  13. Clk

Clk do you even lift

You should have seen when we had less than 20 players online. I thought it would end too but here we are almost 2 months after that period talking about doomsday. :p

4 people like this.
  14. Ashtar

Ashtar Enraged Ashtarius Forum Legend

Yes my point exactly and we've got through a few other rough patches as well thanks to the loyal players here who stay through it all. :wink:

4 people like this.
  15. snic

snic Respected Member

you ought to be a writer, gosh... the way u described everything was just phenomenal <3
    back to topic, i gotta agree with kisra, nothing can last forever, though crystal is still crawling through the edges but its not permanently, soon enough it will go offline T.T

1 person likes this.
  16. Smartik1

Smartik1 Walking F.A.Q. Forum Legend

was bout to say that, she has an amazing writing talent...

but yeah i quite disagree with carls approach. leaving things intentionally broken so he can profit on donations for stuff people should be able to get but cant. most servers tend to improve by eliminating one bug at a time but we merely replace old bugs with new ones (often times worse than what we had to begin with) so yeah...

the fact of the matter is that people dont like to stick around servers where things just never get better. loads of people now left to a server that finally went ahead with char wipes (not gonna name it dont worry) and is fully functional.

all i can say is good luck with whatever u plan to do next in life

random note: i expected to see a 2012 thread when i read the title lol

3 people like this.
  17. HEX

HEX Legendary Member

yeah it sux

2 people like this.
  18. FadetoBlack

FadetoBlack Veni, vidi, vici, reliqui

lol I don't agree with your "the end is coming part"
    BUT, the part about losing hope is good, I like that a lot.

2 people like this.
  19. Smartik1

Smartik1 Walking F.A.Q. Forum Legend

well technically its bad >.> its well written but its still bad lol

1 person likes this.
  20. HEX

HEX Legendary Member

if they wil lmake a true low-medium rate server out of crystal with good drops - loooolz will cme out a great server >.< wtf

4 people like this.