1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hypothesis: Crystal Aion; A server that used to be.

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Fervid, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Fervid

Fervid Ⓣⓞⓨ Ⓢⓞⓛⓓⓘⓔⓡⓢ Forum Legend

How do you write a review or critique when you're upset, and still provide as much constructive criticism to help a situation.. This is the task I face now as I bid a farewell to this network.

I have been here since November, and although I may be the faceless man which many of you would not know, I'd like to think that on Crystal Aion, my presence was felt behind the scenes. As many of the players would have purchased items from me via the Auction House.

See, I am not a PVP'er, I am a PVE'er. My highlights were gathering materials and crafting items. Which I believe I did very well with. If you had purchased any pots or food buffs or (consumables in general) within the last few months from the auction house, chances are they were by me or one of my alt characters. You would know exactly who I am if you purchased any of the golden food buffs from me as I am pretty sure I have been the only one to ever sell them.

Let's get to my point of this thread. I loved this server - once upon a time. I had the most fun here than any private server I have ever played on. However, I got to a point of the end game where things were missing and I could not continue. Hopelessly checking these forums for updates that would provide, for me at least, a solution to the void of missing content.

A new update! A new hope! A switch in cores, this is a good thing. A core with higher stability is a great thing. Here's the problem, and although I'm sure the current developers tested this core before releasing it, not enough was done to prevent what is happening right now. Every day people are leaving this server as it's current state is unplayable by current standards. Perhaps releasing it on the infamous test server first would have been a more educated approach.

A core rollback is needed ASAP. I myself logged in today, first time in about a week, and checked the auction house as it was my daily routine, only to my surprise after clicking the "Collect Money" button, the amount returned to me was considerably less than what it should have been. I was able to sell my items in bulk and therefor it was not uncommon for me to click that button and receive billions of kinah. It seems with the new core, the max you can receive back is 999,999,999. Anything else is completely omitted. This is a major flaw when you consider a billion kinah is perhaps comparable to 500x that on the gamez server. Crystals economy isn't as unstable as gamez. So for me kinah is a major accomplishment to my achievements, from which I spent hours gathering and crafting.

I informed Ash of this problem and she is aware of it.. along with another bug in the AH which I also discovered at the same time. But when you are overwhelmed with complaints and bugs of a server to the point where people are leaving like rats on a sinking ship. What is the next step? What has to actually happen before things are noticeably better for the players, which in my opinion have been more than patient.

Has Crystal Aion gone back to being the guinea pig for Gamez? If so, don't you think the players deserve the respect of a notice in any form? No one in their right mind set would go through putting a server through this much stress, unless they were purposely trying to deplete its players, or they were completely oblivious of the situation at hand. I'm finished with Aion, un-installing it as we speak. I just wish I could have had a better experience in closing out what was a great memory of Crystal.

Ashlar, you by far deserve the most recognition than anyone. Crystal Aion is your home, and I'm very very sad to see it in it's current state because everything rests on your shoulders. I can't imagine the amount of stress the decisions passed down to you are causing. I really do wish you the best, and perhaps fate will cross our paths and we'll meet again for a 3rd time in the future.

My dream is for the Crystal Aion I remember back during Christmas holidays, when things were peaceful and players were content with what they had. I suppose sometimes you don't really know what you had until it's gone.

Godspeed.

Fervid.

9 people like this.
  2. Biscuit

Biscuit Trance Forum Legend

Take care :).

3. The Ablazed

The Ablazed Banned

Amen.
    /10char

4. Ashtar

Ashtar Enraged Ashtarius Forum Legend

Thanks Fervid for staying as long as you did and helping me out when I didnt know the answers to things at times. Also thankyou for keeping me company in IRC along with Selik when it was just the 3 of us in there all the time. I've gotten to know you a lot better this time around and I will miss your presense on Crystal. (only you could have gotten me interested enough in crafting to spend 3 weeks gathering mats to try and craft things)

I am praying too the Devs fix these newly created bugs asap before too many more of these goodbye threads pop up here. Take care Fervid - I'll miss you. Ash

5. HellMade

HellMade Banned Forum Legend

very well said.

dont think so, so far in in gamez, every update here comes more bugs than fixes. anw good luck on it.

6. Asanka

Asanka ~watching over you~

Good luck with your server ^_^.

7. Memnoch

Memnoch Proficient

I hate to see you go but have to say I think your right in every thing you said.
    About 2 months ago an update we had, I left crystal because in that state it was almost unplayable.
    I come back about a month later and its all working fine I'm happy and excited to play again.
    Then another update a few weeks after I get back and once again another update that makes the game almost pointless. The only real thing we can do at this point is to pve a little which can get boring fast or a little pvp which is a flip of the coin on both wondering if your skills are going to work or not.
    In my opinion I think there should be a rollback and if they wish to use this update to throw it on a test server and fix the problems with it first.
    Otherwise many more will be following in Fervid's footsteps.
    I love crystal and it has been by far the best pserver imo that I have found. Then a few problems which make it a small headache, then more problems and more severe make it into a migraine, then more and more which make you wanna shoot yourself (not literally) just thinking about it.
    Just had to give my thoughts after reading this thread.

8. Fervid

Fervid Ⓣⓞⓨ Ⓢⓞⓛⓓⓘⓔⓡⓢ Forum Legend

@Ash: Heh, well as you know, crafting can be much more rewarding when it's something you've done yourself, and I learned a lot from you also. Will miss you as well. *HUGS*

@Asanka: That was just something I was helping a friend with, had no intentions of joining or playing. My work there has already completed. Gamez lost a terrific developer when you resigned, if they were smart about it, they would try to convince you to return while you're still here.. XD

@The_Ablazed: Will miss the old times with you. Hope you take care of yourself and your school work!!! Regardless, you are still one of the most knowledgeable people in terms of content and gameplay.

@Everyone else:
    Wish everyone the best! seeya!

9. Asanka

Asanka ~watching over you~

/rage mode on
    WHO REMOVED MY "WALL OF TEXT" PIC?
    /rage mode off
    I cannot call myself dev as i never learned even a bit of java, i was just a tinkerer bored enough to look into code one day...

10. Acushla

Acushla Getting there

Hi Fervid,

i couldnt say it any better. They say they will need about 2 weeks to fix this. I dont have much hope but i will stick around those 2 weeks and pray that they will fix it. If not well i guess there will be more goodbyes........... Take care and maybe we will see each other someday again.

11. Adieu

Adieu Respected Member

Crystal looses someone else >: sorry to hear you go tho we never really had a proper introduction, but will you still poke IRC sometime? :p

Hope evilset gets on the ball with fixing things again x.x

12. HEX

HEX Legendary Member

men i understand u !!!!!! well maybe they'll fix this server !!!!!! \

1 person likes this.
  13. Bhakti

Bhakti Banned

I don t...
    I like u Fervid u r a good knowledgeable player however...

a) It s your fault and none other s that u logged late and >1kkk gathered in ur account brokers...Devs couldn t prevent this how should they know it caps at 1kkk? Anyway this time be4 they launch the new emul we got a warning 2 days ago... I didn t put anything at broker because of that warning...

b)The only reason everyone was so happy on Christmas was Ash's events...She says she couldn t continue them... U can t possibly be suggesting that the server remain as it was then... There were bugs then very frustrating i ll remind Legion Wh and Allience...things that were fixed...Also the problem with Cleric soloing Tahabata....u know...u think that was fair?

c) Gamez has a bigger community than Crystal....if oe of the two must take a test-blow it s only fair the smaller community be that....

14. Aizzen

Aizzen New Member

i really hope that will be done

1 person likes this.
  15. Renaissance

Renaissance New Member

How would he know that the update on dev would make it a 999k limit? That's like blaming a man who got ran over by a car because he shouldn't of been walking on the pavement at the time he lost control of his vehicle.

He couldn't of prevent this but the Devs could of by testing it on test server

16. Bhakti

Bhakti Banned

Not exactly so....That man cross the road on a red light and stayed mid of the road.... Ashlin warn us...He just wasn t there to see....

And u actually expect the devs to put items at brokers more than 1kkk because with the new emul some will lose cash?...And even if they did what should they do? Postpone the server s emul update because Fervid had things at brokers?

U see the Devs as the fairy with the magic stick who fix bugs...To fix a game full of bugs it s actually harder than building one from the start...

The limit is 999.999.999 that 999kk not 999k

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011