1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

A plead for change.

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Sakuya, Feb 9, 2011.

1. sleepytuna

sleepytuna New Member

I believe your statement is merely a hackneyed attempt to uphold the integrity of Crystal Aion. From what I've heard, most AMs and TraineeAMs don't even have the opportunity to discuss matters with Carl. In addition, your explanation of emulators and whatnot sounds rather hypothetical. You simply cannot refute Sakuya's argument by suggesting "what might be the case". You will need specific instances such as confirmation of a missing mob spawn value in the server's database since the emulator's initial implementation. Also, you are not a developer yourself, so I refuse to acknowledge your conjecture regardless of how ideal it may sound. Nevertheless, if what you say is true about your first response, I would like to hear it straight from the horse's mouth.

Of course nobody is forced to donate, but a few may feel obligated to do so. Why? The answer is obvious: to outclass the less fortunate. Yet, in doing so, the server is preserved. "Greed is good" after all, right? Well, I suppose the black market system is a real eye opener for Carl. It's got him this far, so I can't say it was ineffective. As long as we ALL pay our "expenses", the roof over our heads won't blow away. Fair enough, right?

It is an anecdote for a reason, meaning that the "end of the road" only pertains to Sakuya's friend. I don't understand why you deemed it universal, unless you're speaking for everyone on the server.

Furthermore, I'd like you to be honest with me. Are you really aware of the developers' intents and operations? Are you reassuring players without any word (fact/evidence) from the developers? Did you take an oath as a Trainee/GM to suppress any forms of conspiracy? Is it worth risking your position to side with the renegade? I think the public deserves to know. Because as far as I'm concerned, I've yet to see any official break with tradition.

6 people like this.
  2. HEX

HEX Legendary Member

nice spoked sleepytuna !!!!

a huge +1 from meh

3. Bhakti

Bhakti Banned

What he means is all instances are working the only problem is they r not droping instances alsowork much better than before....

U can t be expecting to run to tahabata kill im and get all its loots free....that sux especially without the cooldown to enter

So what skill exactly a Tahabata weapon holder posseses? none? ok thank u

At least now we know he did some efford to get his taha

4. Bhakti

Bhakti Banned

As always Bhakti was right...server has been fixed at a high level.

With the new emulator we got back 2 weeks ago we got alliences quests ad general gameplay
    The new update fixed Balaurea and several endgame instances droplists, The major additions are BT drops LUT and UT fully working is confirmed. Balic crafting possible!.
    Also some skills and attributeswere fixed not everything but i believe enough to stop QQ...

Plz close the thread the plead for change has been heard and was answered...

5. RiotGun

RiotGun New Member

If you think it takes an army to fix all the problems we have then maybe you shouldn't be part of the team fixing these problems. And maybe we need new devs. Because all these cheaters keep pissing me off and every day it makes me wish I had never donated.

The only reason I've stuck around is because I have friends, time, and money invested here. If not for that, I would've left long ago. Carl's partially destroyed the server by selling out early and giving the end game to anyone with a few dollars (I know, I'm guilty of playing into it). Now people have left and it seems like he's more concerned with milking the remaining players for whatever money they have left rather than fix the cheating and other issues going on. Why would any new player stay or even donate?

If instead of going weeks between updates, evilset or whoever just did little fixes each day, that would at LEAST show us "hey, look things are getting done". We have been led along like an animal chasing a carrot on a stick with promises that "oh, it'll get fixed soon". I've read a lot of "soon" here. Soon everything will be fixed. Soon there will be no more dupers. Soon.

Soon came and went. Soon is long gone. And we're still stuck watching ourselves get our asses handed to us because Carl and his awesome dev team can't figure out some basic java and stop people from doing shitty things like duping items and attacking us while staying hidden and animation hacking and all that other bullshit we face daily. It's NOT fun. Tell me why he thinks any new player wants to stay?

Worst of all, I see other servers making progress, other servers without the cheats and problems we have. others that have things that actually work (lol Beshmundir). But I stay here because my friends are here and my money is already here. So I'm stuck. The least Carl can do is find someone who can really fix these problems instead of just downloading the latest emulator build.

2 people like this.
  6. Bhakti

Bhakti Banned

How many devs u think Ncsoft has?

7. The Ablazed

The Ablazed Banned

.....over.......9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But they have a pretty big team....combine that with the fact they consult the Korean devs on pretty much anything they change :s

8. Zee

Zee Banned

Impossibru ...

9. HEX

HEX Legendary Member

we got update or wtf !!!!!!!! - they fixed nothing .... only ap wipe

PS F. .THIS LMAO - I had 8 mil ap - and no1 sed that they gna wipe tham ... lol lmao - can someone give me potions and all is exchange of those 8 mil ap ????? lmao pffff

10. The Ablazed

The Ablazed Banned

Thougt youd be happy about wipe. And m resist effetcs and strike fort/resist was fixed

11. erlucius90

erlucius90 Expert

False, Fixes and implements have been applied.

12. HEX

HEX Legendary Member

i know !!!! i was mad cuz they dun warn about ap wipe >.>

13. The Ablazed

The Ablazed Banned

You gonna buy 8000 5 min pots? Lawl

14. HEX

HEX Legendary Member

wy not !? ;) i'm kidding - nah is oke ;) - i was a bit mad xD- now i'm oke ,..... they fixed mr <+1 ;)> - so i'm happy ;))))))

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  15. The Ablazed

The Ablazed Banned

Yes m resist is fixed. Ever fight a glad with 1000 attack and 1710 mr?

16. HEX

HEX Legendary Member

well from wat i understand from your question ..... is

I didn't tested it with a gald - i dunno if is fixed... xD

17. Memnoch

Memnoch Proficient

I will try to explain all the main issue I have seen. I do believe that the population has the right to know.

I can honestly say that I do try to make the server sound good in most cases (Whats the hurt in telling the good points with something you love as long as they are true or at least to the best of your knowledge)

I explained how emulators work because I know that for fact. I myself Have ran a private server for aion & flyff. On the aion pserver I had ran 2 of them testing out both widely available emulators which are the only public emulators. I also know that ca has ran on both of these. Furthermore I worked with each of them for roughly 6 months trying to fix bugs and what not then updating with the public updates which like I mentioned caused some stuff that I fixed that was working fine to not to work. I might not be a certified developer but I got a pretty good idea of whats going on.

No I am not a developer for this server. If you refuse to acknowledge what I say that up to you I'm just trying to give some insight to whats going on from what I know and see happening.

We might not have time to have lengthy discussions with him but if needed we can talk to him or at least express our concerns to him along with our thoughts and ideas.

No I do not know exactly what the developers are up to at all times. I'm not at their house 24/7 watching every move they make. But I do keep in touch with them and talk to them usually on a daily base. (as a rule every staff member has to be on irc when in game or on the forum) That gives us all a chance to talk to one another and let each other know whats going on, what needs to be fixed, who needs help, what bugs we are working on, how a bug acts, what causes it, etc...

Yes I am reassuring players with out having proof in my hands but at the same time I am reassuring them from what I know and what The staff and developers talk about and what they say they have gotten done/are working on, also, on what I have seen in the past from this server and staff members, also on how the staff talks about the server and how I see the staff working everyday to make this server a better place for players to continue to enjoy the game.

No we take no oath what so ever.

I don't choose sides based on who I work for. I make up my own mind. If I feel something is wrong I will stand up for it even if it means my position. Don't get me wrong I love being part of the staff but if they were to do something wrong and could not give a excellent explanation of why they did it that I agree with I would have to protest letting them know how I feel along with the community.

I hope this helps you understand what you wished to know. If you want to know anything else just ask.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  18. Hardstyle

Hardstyle ***** Slap Forum Legend

170$ for abg armor + jewelry. now count how many of those are wondering around in the server xD
    But wait. u have to exclude all the people who multi vote/proxy vote etc. so total amont could be actually low.

19. marchee

marchee Banned

hahaha
    thats what u get for having such a low developed server
    :D

20. rAnCIO

rAnCIO New Member

when is the new update ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿?¿????