1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Blackscreen...

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Locyan, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Locyan

Locyan New Member

Hi,

I'm having a problem with Aion. When I start the game a "sign" comes up with a guy with an axe(Or something like that...), before it switches to fullscreen and the NCsoft image comes up, after that the whole screen turns black and a message pops up(That only I can see.) saying:
    "Input signal out of range. Change settings to 1680 x 1050 - 60Hz".
    I've checked my screen settings and it's on the one mentioned above.

I've installed the game from the NCsoft launcher and then installed the Gamerz launcher as the instructions on the page. I've looked around the forums and installed Direct X 9 and reinstalled the game, replaced my bin file, updated and repaired it with the NCsoft launcher etc. I've asked for remote assistance and they see a black screen with the Aion cursor moving around. I've also taken screen shoots, but it shows the login screen while I can't see nothing but the blackscreen...

This is what my computer can see, while I can only see a black screen:
    View attachment 3807

I would appriciate any help I can get, if not-- well, thanks anyway.

2. Smartik1

Smartik1 Walking F.A.Q. Forum Legend

theres 1 thing about fullscreen games :p teamviewer and such will always see it as black when its in fullscreen mode. ud need to switch to windowed or "fullscreen windowed" be4 others can see anything

im guessing u have fullscreen issues so a way to fix that will be to run the game in windowed mode and change the settings to "fullscreen windowed" and then ull see everything

gonna go figure out how :p also make sure u changed the refresh rate too, not just ur resolution

3. Locyan

Locyan New Member

Yeah, I have no idea where to change to windowed mode-- would appriate it if someone would tell me that when I can't see an options button anywhere and I've changed my refresh rate too, I forgot to say that, sorry.

4. Smartik1

well the regular way is to change it in the settings on the login screen. ur problem is that u cant exactly see it right now. looking for a way to set it from outside the game, gimme a sec :p

EDIT: its the system.cfg but its encrypted >.> looking for another way

err thought of a way that MIGHT work but make a backup of your system.cfg, ill set mine to windowed and send it to u

5. Locyan

Locyan New Member

Alright, backed up and ready. ^^

6. Asanka

Asanka ~watching over you~

delete system.cfg from aion folder. It'll recreate itself on next run. Doing this will reset all graphic/sound configurations to default.

7. Smartik1

yes and default is fullscreen >.>

http://www.mediafire.com/?7lbf17so7b887z3
    heres the windowed mode one, try that

1 person likes this.
  8. Asanka

Asanka ~watching over you~

default should detect his PC/desktop configuration automatically. If it doesnt - he should re-check his desktop resolution/screen refresh frequency.

9. Locyan

Locyan New Member

10. Smartik1

or he can just play in fullscreen windowed mode like the rest of us :p easier for alt tabbing anyways

@Locyan np :p