1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Human life

Discussion in 'Socialized Section' started by Adieu, Apr 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adieu

Adieu Respected Member

I like things like this, because these guys help to show we underestimate our own lifes, our own worth. We dont have to justify ourselves with any god figure, but life itself. Do you live it happily like others? And why not? You feel happy others can do what they can to make others happy, I hope things like this inspire others.

Moro, you've been good so far with these types of things, keep it up, you're great. :]

1 person likes this.
  2. Zenomex

Zenomex Banned Forum Legend

Srsly, this dude is like f*cking awesome.

1 person likes this.
  3. SoVIPso

SoVIPso Banned

Well, your words made me think. I myself love helping and love caring, as long as I remember myself. And people are grateful, people do notice and those who are around me know that I am like that. But lol, I've also thought about why some people are like me and some people are not?

Reading some responses I've noticed a pattern. The people like me, who like to help and care and are nice - you say that it feels good to help. You also expect a positive response from the ones you've helped. You want them to be thankful because it will make you feel even better.

I think I have come to understand why, or at least hear out my theory. Human beings can't do anything without a motivation. If you're not motivated to do something, you wont do it. Others see helping as something that yields no rewards. But for some people the feeling you get after helping someone is enough motivation to help. Lets just break it down, although I don't like how it sounds... you help for the pleasure of helping others. If they are not grateful, it's less pleasure - that's why you wrote that you dislike it.

Sadly, I don't think there are 100% pure people who help just because. Before I came to this conclusion, I felt pretty good about myself. I though, ah, I'm so nice ^_^, helping people! But then I was like... wait a minute... it can't be just that.

Tell me, what you think? Does this sound right to you?

P.S

;) Shields ;)

4. Smartik1

Smartik1 Walking F.A.Q. Forum Legend

its not required all the time, just seeing people happy is often good enough, but when people make u feel like they really dont give a damn for too long, thats when it starts to hurt

5. SoVIPso

SoVIPso Banned

"just seeing people happy" it makes you feel good, makes you happy too. Does it not? Just tell me. Does it?

6. Crazyjeff

Crazyjeff Proficient

( doing this on my iphone so bare with me :) ) so yea the way i help people is just making them happy by making them laugh when there with me. But myea i also help if some one is in trouble but being that really helping some one that might risk your Own life, depends on what kind it is well thats all for now. ( back to my lunch working atm ) so good luck with this topic. Hugs to every one and yes even the guys :D buh bye

7. Adieu

Adieu Respected Member

to everyone, I love you for the responses so far. It helps me think.

This comment also, really goes deep into the human self.. do I help because I can? Or because in the end I expect that it may return to me in the form of the same one way or another? even if that's not the implied meaning, that's what I picked up, and thinking, I truly hoped what I had done, in the end would have ment enough to have been returned to me, in a way. And, maybe that's selfish, I'm willing to admit, but I don't mind.

1 person likes this.
  8. SoVIPso

SoVIPso Banned

Yes darling, you got what I tried to say.

I admit it, I don't like it, but I help people because it feels nice. Sometimes, but rarely, I also have thoughts of them returning the favor. Thinking to myself, "what I did was so nice, I wonder if one day they do it for me too". But usually it's just... feeling good about yourself when helping.

Au admitted that she feels the same way. Anyone else? I've been thinking about this for a looong time now but I couldn't just bring up such discussion in real life.

9. Smartik1

it does, but i cant stand those "i dont need u now so get lost till i need u again" people, thats when it hurts and thats when i start to feel like i dont wanna help when people just dont care. but then again im still around and i still do it :p its part of who i am, cant stop it even if i wanted to

i think he was right about the motivation part, there is always something that makes u act the way u do and yeah every once in a while each one of us wants to feel like we do matter, that some people do care about what we do. u could call that selfish i guess, but if u were to compare that to other things, id say not so much. u do it without expecting anything in return so yes it feels good when people appreciate what u do but the willingness to help them coz ur able to is what counts i think. this probably doesnt make much sense, never been good at wording things :p but hopefully ull get what i mean

10. Georgie

Georgie Ḏɪ̭̜͓̜ͅs̪ᴛ̩̪͓ᴜ̬̖̗̬ʀ̻͚̖͎ʙ͉̜͓̖͙̼͖̳ᴇ̖̞̻ᴅ̻̞̫̘̫ͅ Forum Legend

[video=youtube;lh4hVXacjxo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh4hVXacjxo&feature=related[/video]

11. SoVIPso

SoVIPso Banned

Yes, but, any type of ignorance hurts - not only when you're trying to help. Also if you love someone, or miss someone, or want to talk to someone or whatever - ignorance hurts. ;)

Human beings are just that, selfish. No need to worry about that though, it's on biological level. It's tied to instincts, you know we have a lot of animal traits.

You saying, better be selfish and help others than be selfish and not help others. Totally agree, how can you not agree?

But, you can't say you are good because you care and help and someone else is not. You know why? Because it's not your achievement, you were just born that way. You were made so that you feel nice helping others.

----

Smartik, on the other hand, in your situation.. Are you helping others to get social contact? Did you say, ALL of the people around you only come to you when they need help? Are you sure you're not exaggerating?

12. Smartik1

about the first part, yea but anybody can help if they choose it, but some choose not to coz its not worth their time/effort etc

and yeah most of my msn contacts only talk to me first when they need help with something. btw my only real "friend" admitted that he only comes over when he needs an essay checked or invites me over when he needs his pc fixed (he said that out of nowhere by himself btw) so yea, idk

13. HellMade

HellMade Banned Forum Legend

well im helping alot. as example been 1 of the leaders of "kaledu stebuklas" in english "christmas miracle" (web url: http://www.kaledustebuklas.lt/lt/?uid=1257 , use google translate if u want read something ). we there was collecting moneys,toys and everything useful for childrens without parrents in children's homes, alot of corporation kinda joined it. also atm me and my best friend visiting 1 of the these "homes" time be time, since he grow up there. sometimes we taking like 10 childrens from there, to cinema or somethere else they would wanna go. well my childhood was kinda hard to me, took me kinda alot of time to understand thing well, but its helped me alot to stand up on my own feets. i never been greedy, always been helping people in real life, even here on this forum been giving away items i dont realy use or i dont realy need. trying my best. in my opinion, people who grew to easy , always gonna thing lie sucks, becoz they never gonna understand how life is fun, and even ur friend smile worths , to live it. dont even talking about ppl around who smiling just for you then u helping them. in other words, you need burn well, and stand up to understand these things.
    anw my english aint perfect, i hope you or some1 else who gonna read it , got what i mean.

14. SoVIPso

SoVIPso Banned

They choose not to because they don't feel good. Therefore it's not worth it.

Well... Why? Why is it like that? Have you thought about it? Right now I feel like... wow, that must feel pretty god damn ****ing bad. You talk about it like you have accepted it.

15. SoVIPso

SoVIPso Banned

I like your point a lot. It is also how world works. EVERYTHING IS LEARNED IN COMPARISON. When I say everything, I mean every single thing. How you perceive the world depend solely on what happened to you in your life time.

I wish there was a way to show everyone, I wish there was a way to open eyes.

But you know it can't be done. Sigh. Heh, even I don't know. I bet I'd enjoy my life much more if I lived though some horrible disaster (all the damn cataclysms happening around the world)

But hey, HellMade. Are you saying you helping out only because your own childhood was tough? Tell me, don't you enjoy putting smiles on those little faces? Don't you enjoy making them that much happier?

16. Adieu

Adieu Respected Member

Your messages help me a lot, even tho at this point I may seem a stranger to a lot of you. Maybe you spared me tonight, from my own insecurities. And maybe you think you didn't mean much. But I can promise you, your existance is important, regardless of how you live it. Keep going <3

As for me, I love you <3 and thanks for the help. It's made me think more. One day I plan to write a book about my world experiences.. keep a look out, I think you'll like it. ^^

17. SoVIPso

SoVIPso Banned

I love you.

18. HellMade

ofc not , just these things helped me to understand everything well. and ofc i enjoy it, these things worth more than anything else. and you feeling very nice , every time you helped, heart starts to beat up like crazy, body full of happiness , cant be better dude.

19. SoVIPso

SoVIPso Banned

Yes, in my previous posts I was making an interesting point...

Now tell me. Do you think you would still do it if you felt nothing? If helping them didn't give you joy?

Would the only thought of helping be enough to motivate you?

20. HellMade

dude , some ppl sometimes just cant show it, shy and some others reason you know, as example how would be if i would come and help you, ofc ur ego would show... happend to me as well. about these things u can discuss and discuss, end-less topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.